Bias Against Transgenders

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Bias Against Transgenders

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:20 am
Walker wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 pm "... the problem into sharp relief."

What exactly makes it a problem?
What else? That allowing transgirls and transwomen to compete is unfair for existing girls and women due to structural differences in the genders.

I expect you were intimating something.
Not really, but let's think together.

Sport is sport. Sport imitates the skills of war, at least in olden days, and the tradition continues with athletics.

Sport does not imitate reality.

The reality of war doesn't care if it's a woman or a man out there on the wrong end of a bullet or a bomb.

They say that's why women were not in traditional combat roles, when the objective was to win at all costs. The women combatants would become pawns in the enemy's strategy. Raised right, Americans would move to protect the women at their sides and thus threaten the mission, in theory, back in the olden days of the greatest generation.

Feminism tampering with reality has lessened reality into the war of the sexes, so a man better watch it if he holds the door for a woman, for he might be inviting gender bias, sex discrimination, lawsuit blah blah.

In the real world I've noticed that women are thrilled when I hold the door for them, smile, and graciously say please, after you.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

The day will come when a trans will enter a Miss America contest and win. The next year they will enter a Mr. America contest and win. This will prove that there is no difference between the ideal man and woman and the PC crowd will be ecstatic. Bot for some reason this secular goal of sameness will also inspire an increase in suicides proving once again that some people cannot tolerate progress.
Greta

Post by Greta »

I see why the thread is called Bias Against Transgenders. The sport angle is not enough. The group apparently needs to be demonised from every angle in accordance with the current move towards intolerance and fascism.

Walker wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:31 pmNot really, but let's think together.

Sport is sport. Sport imitates the skills of war, at least in olden days, and the tradition continues with athletics.

Sport does not imitate reality.

The reality of war doesn't care if it's a woman or a man out there on the wrong end of a bullet or a bomb.

They say that's why women were not in traditional combat roles, when the objective was to win at all costs. The women combatants would become pawns in the enemy's strategy. Raised right, Americans would move to protect the women at their sides and thus threaten the mission, in theory, back in the olden days of the greatest generation.

Feminism tampering with reality has lessened reality into the war of the sexes, so a man better watch it if he holds the door for a woman, for he might be inviting gender bias, sex discrimination, lawsuit blah blah.

In the real world I've noticed that women are thrilled when I hold the door for them, smile, and graciously say please, after you.
Yes, we get it, you are lost in abstractions because no one's let you dip your wick for a while and you are understandably grumpy, given all those little thwarted reproductive machinations in your male simian body.

I've never even seen issues with blokes holding doors open, let alone hassled a man myself for the harmless, well-intentioned gesture of holding a door open. I also hold doors open for both men and women when I've passed through and I know someone is behind. This is known as "consideration" and "cooperation", seemingly words forgotten in parts of the west at present.

Forget the war games origins. Women are fine in sport. We need exercise too! I loved sport myself until I became too arthritic. I've known women who would most likely be far more athletic than most of the masculinists here.

The issue here, though, is purely about genetics and fairness. Some may say it's not fair to the transperson who just wants to play sport in their preferred gender role but it's an injustice for a girl to train hard for years and reach the top of her school only for an athletic boy to change gender roles and push her down the pecking order. As I said earlier, disabilities provide obstacles for people and that just needs to be accepted by the disabled rather than passing problems to others. It's an odd and unfortunate situation, but life sometimes throws such things up.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

As silly as it seems, the old expression "it's not who wins or loses that counts but how you play the game" was once considered logical and sensible. Of course modern education has declared the foolishness of this obsolete idea and it was changed to "It is only who wins and loses that counts. How you play the game is irrelevant."

This truism explains why a man who decides for the purpose of competition in which he can be declared winner and acquire first place money, will decide to be a woman. It makes perfect sense and appropriate for the spirit of these secular times.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

When have you ever ended up with a tie playing with the golf handicap system?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pmThis truism explains why a man who decides for the purpose of competition in which he can be declared winner and acquire first place money, will decide to be a woman. It makes perfect sense and appropriate for the spirit of these secular times.
Anyone who did that would be insane, like cutting off your legs to win a limbo competition. I expect the number of people who have changed gender to win a sporting context would have to be between zero and one (lunatic).

Some people with gender issues logically will love sport and won't want to give it up. Alas, they will need to stick to social sports because cross-gender doesn't tend to work out well in competitive sport. Not even Serena Williams could make an impact on the men's game and she is the biggest, baddest, scariest Amazon I've ever seen in sport! :lol:
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

Greta wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:48 am
Nick_A wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:43 pmThis truism explains why a man who decides for the purpose of competition in which he can be declared winner and acquire first place money, will decide to be a woman. It makes perfect sense and appropriate for the spirit of these secular times.
Anyone who did that would be insane, like cutting off your legs to win a limbo competition. I expect the number of people who have changed gender to win a sporting context would have to be between zero and one (lunatic).

Some people with gender issues logically will love sport and won't want to give it up. Alas, they will need to stick to social sports because cross-gender doesn't tend to work out well in competitive sport. Not even Serena Williams could make an impact on the men's game and she is the biggest, baddest, scariest Amazon I've ever seen in sport! :lol:
That's because it's not women competing in men's sport, it's men competing in women's sport. I would love to see how far Serena Williams would get in men's tennis, steroids and all. Not very far, I suspect.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm Yes, we get it, you are lost in abstractions because no one's let you dip your wick for a while and you are understandably grumpy, given all those little thwarted reproductive machinations in your male simian body.

I've never even seen issues with blokes holding doors open, let alone hassled a man myself for the harmless, well-intentioned gesture of holding a door open. I also hold doors open for both men and women when I've passed through and I know someone is behind. This is known as "consideration" and "cooperation", seemingly words forgotten in parts of the west at present.

Forget the war games origins. Women are fine in sport. We need exercise too! I loved sport myself until I became too arthritic. I've known women who would most likely be far more athletic than most of the masculinists here.
The energy still flows freely and naturally, as designed.
Seems to be the fountain of youth, in fact.
We're one of those ridiculously healthy couples.

:D

You should be interested in this game.

The Passive-Aggressive Door-Holding Game
https://imgc.allpostersimages.com/img/p ... &h=550&p=0
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

If a man claims he is a woman wins a lot of money, and then claims to be a man again he comes out ahead. His friends all know it was a con job and he becomes a hero. The only losers are these PC dingbats who cause far more harm than good.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Speaking of surgery, I'm not really up on the whole sex-identity lingo thing.

Which one of the labels involves surgery. Is it transgender?

And in the vein of your comment, is elective surgery to establish a sex identity, sane?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:57 pm

If a man claims he is a woman wins a lot of money, and then claims to be a man again he comes out ahead. His friends all know it was a con job and he becomes a hero. The only losers are these PC dingbats who cause far more harm than good.
I note that you seem to think that living as a man without a penis is a jolly good time. The men I've known over longer than you have been alive altogether seemed rather more protective towards their dicks. Not a million, not a billion dollars would see them part with their little buddies.

Now I'm wondering why you assume that men don't care about their penises and why you have such a strong attitude about transpeople. Hmmmm. that could explain a few things ...
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Speaking of surgery, I'm not really up on the whole sex-identity lingo thing.

Which one of the labels involves surgery. Is it transgender?

And in the vein of your comment, is elective surgery to establish a sex identity, sane?
I reckon that you'd need a huge intellect I expect that trans "sex" refers to genitals and trans "gender" refers to social role. Just as well you had me around to help, eh?

BTW, is this thread about sanity or whether policies to allow or deny transpeople in opposite sex sport appropriate? Or do we just hold up some small minority that no one likes for free shots, regardless of the angle?

If you're keen on scope creep, maybe we can extend it to chat about your hero is apparently a traitor and Russian asset. Great judgement, Einstein. Not.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Re: btw: Insanity and surgery were your topics, e.g.,
greta wrote:Anyone who did that would be insane, like cutting off your legs to win a limbo competition.
I’d invite you to examine the broader, philosophical path.

Consider that identity dysphoria associated with sex is rooted in a philosophical dividing line made more prevalent by modern surgery, namely:

Either people are born perfect in and of themselves independent of an ideological measure*

or,

people are born imperfect and have the free will to perfect their physical design with surgery according to their own relativistic standards, and temporal self-concept.

* My favorite.

What's your favorite?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Never mind all the records of indigenous transgenders thousands of years ago.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:23 am Never mind all the records of indigenous transgenders thousands of years ago.
Greta, come on.

There’s no rational reason to never-mind them, although I'll take your word for it that these records exist since it's a good thing you're around, and the topic is really not my bailiwick.

However, here is a more recent, well-preserved record that will do to make the point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6wK1VWH1k

Little Horse was born perfect, as everyone is born perfect, independent of an ideological measure.

It’s also why Younger Bear the Contrary* was also accepted as he was, which was born perfect.

From this I understand that forgiveness is to accept without malice what happens after being born perfect, and stepping into duality.

A strong explanation for the illusion of choice is: some people do what choice cannot explain.

* There’s an additional scene on the tube that shows what became of Younger Bear post-Contrarian period of development, which is rather funny, or chortle-worthy when ornamenting.

(cue the woman)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_QqELz6cg

:D