perseverance supports ego, it diminishes the value of having opinions,

Giving in, dissolves conflict and it aid's the establishment of a neutral zone,

a neutral opinion is the only worthy and valuable one there is,

look at nature, and than look at yourself,

Nature is the very definition of Neutrality,

the events set in motion are purely random and without reason,

it only flows in a logical order and consists of a rational code,

we humans are products of nature,

so if we want to function properly as lifeforms in this cosmological phenomenon, we just need to start adapting ourselves to it

operate Neutral, think logical, and make decisions based on rational,

the first steps of beginning to understand nature and your place in it,
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Mankind its Downfall

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

DNA wise humans are programmed with many faculties to ensure the human species will not go extinct.
The progress of Science is evident humanity is progressing in terms of knowledge.

Even for Morality, DNA wise humans are programmed with a Moral faculty;
Morality is not just something that people learn, argues Yale psychologist Paul Bloom: It is something we are all born with. At birth, babies are endowed with compassion, with empathy, with the beginnings of a sense of fairness.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... of-babies/
Thus, DNA wise humans are already endowed with the facilities to avoid its downfall. So it is a matter of grasping the truth of this potential of progress and expedite it systematically and positively.

Unfortunately, DNA wise humans also has the potential for evil.
Fortunately for humans, the potential for good will always prevails over evil except in certain cases where evil is too overwhelming or due to natural catastrophical forces.

I believed the only potential source on the downfall of mankind by any human acts is from the ideology of Islam. The reason is the ideology of Islam supposedly from a God is commanded to be immutable. In Islam the life of humans on Earth is worthless and what is prized is eternal life in Paradise. [with virgins for some].

With the secular and other religions we have M.A.D as a safety valve and deterrence.

Thus when WMDs are cheaply and easily available [ a very possible reality] Islamists will have no hesitation to nuke the Earth completely because for them such an act will gain them greater merits and rewards in Paradise with eternal life -win-win.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

man lived as an animal in accord with nature from 1 million BC to 10,000 BC - then started to fk with nature with agriculture, and later cities/etc.....

nature will remove man eventually, and the earth will return to its prior state.

until the next sapient animal starts to get uppity

wash and repeat for the next billion yrs or so..........
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

The downfall of humankind will be AI. (More to follow later.)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Humans need to go extinct.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Interruption of all essential services for about a week would begin the snowball rolling downhill.
Dapplegrim

Post by Dapplegrim »

mystical_universe wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:00 am Stubbornness, (The doom attribute)

You first have to accept life,
before life can start accepting you,

Is that like you first have to accept death before death can start accepting you?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Not be able to get off the planet in time after having screwed it up. We "hit" but couldn't "run" fast enough!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:27 pm The downfall of humankind will be AI. (More to follow later.)
It will begin when 1 techie, as techies do, tries to build a better robot with better intelligence. Eventually there will be a super-robot with very advanced intelligence.

This will be the downfall of humankind, because an artificially intelligent super-robot, once it gets switched on, will become self-sufficient.

Humans will begin to starve to the brink of extinction.

A number of individual farms will pop up, sustaining small communities for awhile, but ultimately these will fail to support human existence, due to dwindling productivity.

For those humans not on the farms, survival will depend on finding work not being performed by the super-robot with its array of tools and machines. This avenue, too, will fail, pushing humankind into complete extinction.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The machine will always need an oil can.

They do now and look how their numbers are growing like a virus on the earth, and in the space cloud above.

Machines perpetuate and maintain through the use of humans because humans can move about, and are more efficient at replication.

Humans will never be completely extinct because then time would end, theoretically. Yes, the implications are true. Mind creates the universe.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

No, mankind has put a man on the moon because of those points you states, so you are wrong, and we thrive very well we are even overpopulated!
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Walker & HH
Excellent comments. I’m turning in your direction.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

btw, in my second year of undergrad, my team & I created a virtual robot to build more robots.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm btw, in my second year of undergrad, my team & I created a virtual robot to build more robots.
Congratulations: you created a virtual progressive
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm btw, in my second year of undergrad, my team & I created a virtual robot to build more robots.
Get moving so you can commercialize it!!