What attracted you to philosophy?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik

Re: What attracted you to philosophy?

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 pm Again...and I don't consider God in the form of flesh.
You are telling me a lot of things that God isn't.
And very little about what God is.

This is a very apophatic approach...
Which is no different to epistemology.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:33 pm Again...and I don't consider God in the form of flesh.
You are telling me a lot of things that God isn't.
And very little about what God is.

This is a very apophatic approach...
Which is no different to epistemology.
Do you understand what I do...I test my own knowledge against that of others regarding this entity.

It's interesting, hardly anyone has asked me about what I KNOW about God/'God's attributes.
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 pm Do you understand what I do...I test my own knowledge against that of others regarding this entity.
But you haven't told us what you know about God!
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 pm It's interesting, hardly anyone has asked me about what I KNOW about God/'God's attributes.
OK. Lets try. How big or small is it? On a scale of Planck to Universe where does God fit in?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:45 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 pm Do you understand what I do...I test my own knowledge against that of others regarding this entity.
But you haven't told us what you know about God!
You've been here since the start of December, how could you possibly ascertain that?

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:45 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 pm It's interesting, hardly anyone has asked me about what I KNOW about God/'God's attributes.
OK. Lets try. How big or small is it? On a scale of Planck to Universe where does God fit in?
From my comprehension, this entity IS reality. It fits in at a point below the Planck scale, a point where there is only a binary event, an event or not.
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:58 pm You've been here since the start of December, how could you possibly ascertain that?
I used the search function. None of your claims are testable.

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 pm From my comprehension, this entity IS reality. It fits in at a point below the Planck scale, a point where there is only a binary event, an event or not.
Oh. So you use the words "God", "Universe" and "reality" synonymously and interchangeably?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:01 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:37 pm From my comprehension, this entity IS reality. It fits in at a point below the Planck scale, a point where there is only a binary event, an event or not.
Oh. So you use the word "God" synonymously with the word "Universe".

Cool.
No, not really, just with what we perceive as the universe.
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:03 pm No, not really, just with what we perceive as the universe.
OK, so there is a difference between God and the Universe.

Tell us about those differences.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:05 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:03 pm No, not really, just with what we perceive as the universe.
OK, so there is a difference between God and the Universe.

Tell us about those differences.
How the fuck would I know? I am saying that reality IS God\'God's domain its construct - whether it projects the universe to us but isn't part of it...I don't know.
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:08 pm How the fuck would I know? I am saying that reality IS God\'God's domain its construct - whether it projects the universe to us but isn't part of it...I don't know.
So we have two hypothesis on the table (good thing you recognise the binary nature of science!):

1. Reality is the same entity as God.
2. Reality is different entity from God.

Can you devise an experiment which can disambiguate these two hypotheses?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:08 pm How the fuck would I know? I am saying that reality IS God\'God's domain its construct - whether it projects the universe to us but isn't part of it...I don't know.
So we have two hypothesis on the table (good thing you recognise the binary nature of existence):

1. Reality is the same entity as God (Pantheism)
2. Reality is different entity from God

Can you devise an experiment which can disambiguate these two hypotheses?
1. Reality is the same entity as God (PAN_ENTHEISM) - yes I am a panentheist, not a pantheist.
2. Reality is a different entity from God

If point 2 is correct, then in the least I can say that God has influence over (our realities) cause and effect..

Can you devise an experiment which can disambiguate these two hypotheses? No, please assist.
Last edited by attofishpi on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:14 pm 1. Reality is the same entity as God (PAN_ENTHEISM) - yes I am a panentheist, not a pantheist.
WANKER.

When I just asked you wether you use the words "God'", "Universe" and "reality" interchangeably you said no!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:15 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:14 pm 1. Reality is the same entity as God (PAN_ENTHEISM) - yes I am a panentheist, not a pantheist.
WANKER.

When I just asked you wether you use the words "God'", "Universe" and "reality" interchangeably you said no!
No this was what I stated upon:--
Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:01 pm
Oh. So you use the word "God" synonymously with the word "Universe".

Cool.
No, not really, just with what we perceive as the universe.
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 pm No, not really, just with what we perceive as the universe.
Let me ask you again then.

Is what you perceive to be God and what you perceive to be The Universe the same entity; or different entities?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Logik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:19 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:18 pm No, not really, just with what we perceive as the universe.
Let me ask you again then.

Is what you perceive to be God and what you perceive to be The Universe the same entity; or different entities?
Yes you have the right to call me a wanker again in capital letters.. I don't agree with everything within definitions of pantheism or panetheism. Can we return to your original inquiry about the two points and how to distinguish them? Or are you still digging for a fight?
Logik

Post by Logik »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:22 pm Yes you have the right to call me a wanker again in capital letters.. I don't agree with everything within definitions of pantheism or panetheism. Can we return to your original inquiry about the two points and how to distinguish them? Or are you still digging for a fight?
You are still telling me what you DON'T agree with. Still very apophatic.

The way I use the word "Universe" is "everything that exists and that is potentially knowable (even if not yet known) by humans".

And so if God exists, then God exists within the Universe.
If God exists then God can be studied via the scientific method.

So try again. I am not arguing about the definitions of pantheism or panetheism. I am asking you a yes or no question.

Are God and Universe different entities?