Vicious Quote of the Day (post your own)

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Vicious Quote of the Day (post your own)

Post by henry quirk »

If the Washington Post didn’t want their reporters to get murdered by Saudi secret police, then maybe they shouldn’t hire reporters who got an I Heart Osama Bin Laden tattoo on their butt? -Larry Correia
Impenitent

Re: Vicious Quote of the Day (post your own)

Post by Impenitent »

"I don't know how to play bass" - Sid Vicious

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

'I killed a cat' - Sid Vicious
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

''I'm not vicious really. I consider myself to be kindhearted. I love my mum.''
henry quirk

smartasses

Post by henry quirk »

-1-

Post by -1- »

"Eyes are dead, like vicious fish; look around for laughs. If I could have just one wish, I'd be a photograph." -- John Cooper Clarke, "Beasley Street"

"What have they done to our fair sister? they stripped her and raped her they tied her with fences and dragged her down..." -- Jim Morrison, "When The Music's Over"

"Father?..." "Yes, son." "I want to kill you. Mother... I want to... Oaogh ghaoo-goo-yeah" (inarticulate gurgling sounds) -- Jim Morrison, "The End"

"I ripped the horses' eyes out" -- Jim Morrison, "Horse Latitudes"

"There were three men who came of the west
Their fortunes for to try
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn must die." - Traditional English verse

"Fools! You! Have no conception! The stakes we are gambling, are frighteningly high.
We! Must! Crush him completely! For the sake of the nation, this Jesus must die." -- Lloyd Andrew Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar"

"Bullets flying, taking toll.
If you've been bad and I bet you have...
Just bow your head
And wait for the ricochet." -- Deep Purple, "Child in Time"

"Can you believe, God makes you breathe.
Why did He lose six million Jews." -- Emerson, Lake and Palmer "The Only Way" hymn

"Would you like to see the pope
On the end of a rope?" -- Ozzy Osbourne, with Black Sabbath, "Sweet Leaf"
Last edited by -1- on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:53 am "Eyes are dead, like vicious fish; look around for laughs. If I could have just one wish, I'd be a photograph." -- John Cooper Clarke, "Beasley Street"

"What have they done to our fair sister? they stripped her and raped her they tied her with fences and dragged her down..." -- Jim Morrison, "When The Music's Over"

"Father?..." "Yes, son." "I want to kill you. Mother... I want to... Oaogh ghaoo-goo-yeah" (inarticulate gurgling sounds) -- Jim Morrison, "The End"

"I ripped the horses' eyes out" -- Jim Morrison, "Horse Latitudes"

"There were three men who came of the west
Their fortunes for to try
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn must die." - Traditional English verse

"Fools! You! Have no conception! The stakes we are gambling, are frighteningly high.
We! Must! Crush him completely! For the sake of the nation, this Jesus must die." -- Lloyd Andrew Webber, "Jesus Christ Superstar"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlL9RCznuU8
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.” -Robert Heinlein

Translation: progress happens because of the thinkin', innovatin' 'few', not the feelin', static 'many'.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

“The man of system...is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it. He goes on to establish it completely and in all its parts, without any regard either to the great interests, or to the strong prejudices which may oppose it.

“He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that the pieces upon the chess-board have no other principle of motion besides that which the hand impresses upon them; but that, in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might chuse to impress upon it. If those two principles coincide and act in the same direction, the game of human society will go on easily and harmoniously, and is very likely to be happy and successful. If they are opposite or different, the game will go on miserably, and the society must be at all times in the highest degree of disorder.” ― Adam Smith
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:37 pm “The man of system...is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamoured with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government, that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it. He goes on to establish it completely and in all its parts, without any regard either to the great interests, or to the strong prejudices which may oppose it.

“He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that the pieces upon the chess-board have no other principle of motion besides that which the hand impresses upon them; but that, in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might chuse to impress upon it. If those two principles coincide and act in the same direction, the game of human society will go on easily and harmoniously, and is very likely to be happy and successful. If they are opposite or different, the game will go on miserably, and the society must be at all times in the highest degree of disorder.” ― Adam Smith
That's not a 'quote'; it's an essay.
henry quirk

HA! Yeah, I guess so.

Post by henry quirk »

:)
henry quirk

leanin' it out

Post by henry quirk »

“The man of system...seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chess-board. He does not consider that the pieces upon the chess-board have no other principle of motion besides that which the hand impresses upon them; but that, in the great chess-board of human society, every single piece has a principle of motion of its own, altogether different from that which the legislature might chuse to impress upon it." --A. Smith

Dangerous game, chess...system men are liable, eventually, to find themselves hangin' by the neck from tree limbs.
-1-

Re: leanin' it out

Post by -1- »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:08 am Dangerous game, chess...system men are liable, eventually, to find themselves hangin' by the neck from tree limbs.
My uncle and three cousins were murdered by marble tiles back in '1958, in the infamous Chinese Checkers Rebellion.
henry quirk

HA!

Post by henry quirk »