Silence, Reflection and the Golden Rule

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TimeSeeker

Re: Silence, Reflection and the Golden Rule

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am The current trend is the cons of theism are outweighing its pros with the potential threat some theists could even exterminate the whole human species.
Can you show us the calculus for this claim?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am Btw, ALL evil and violent acts must be addressed and resolved, theism-related evil acts is a large part of all evil and violent acts.
Democide is worse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide#Examples
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am Another point is theism can be weaned off in the near future with potential fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent and unavoidable existential crisis.
Assuming that the only purpose of theism is to deal with existential crisis. And ignoring all the other (pragmatic) benefits.

Prayer is cheaper than a psychologist or Yoga/meditation classes.
Sunday church is better way to build up small communities than any other mechanism.
Group prayer is a great way to broadcast distress calls in small communities.
Traditions and rituals are great ways to connect with others.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:27 am
In Buddhism and other spirituality, silence and self-reflection are used to understand how the "zombie parasites" has triggered the mind to be deceived with the idea of God as real when there is no such thing as a real God.

It is true many people use silence and self-reflection to understand their God [illusory] but that is only because they have not reflect deep enough.
Note my suggestion;

Theists Should Reflect What is Going Inside their Brain
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25480

Btw, is superficial silence and self-reflection sufficient for any lay person [if not informed by others] to understand the deception of the brain/mind in the distorted-normal face illusion? NO!
It would more difficult for one to uncover and realize the deception by the brain/mind in the deception of a transcendental-purely_thoughts-illusion.
If the brain is responsible for theism, then theism is a natural part of evolution and is a byproduct of matter.
Nazism is also a natural product of evolution.
The fact is theism is also in part responsible for genocides and various evil & violent acts.
The current trend is the cons of theism are outweighing its pros with the potential threat some theists could even exterminate the whole human species.

Btw, ALL evil and violent acts must be addressed and resolved, theism-related evil acts is a large part of all evil and violent acts.

Another point is theism can be weaned off in the near future with potential fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent and unavoidable existential crisis.
So what you are saying is that Nazism is a necessary part of evolving?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:24 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:04 am

If the brain is responsible for theism, then theism is a natural part of evolution and is a byproduct of matter.
The fact is theism is also in part responsible for genocides and various evil & violent acts.
The current trend is the cons of theism are outweighing its pros with the potential threat some theists could even exterminate the whole human species.

Btw, ALL evil and violent acts must be addressed and resolved, theism-related evil acts is a large part of all evil and violent acts.

Another point is theism can be weaned off in the near future with potential fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent and unavoidable existential crisis.
Why is your thinking so constipated?

I did not say 'necessary'.

I stated Nazism is a product of evolution just as anything else is a product of evolution which can be good or bad.

The bad products of evolution are often weaned off or eliminated in time as in Nazism which was active only for about 20 years.
"In time" can be immediately or in years, century or hundred or million of years.
Slavery was also a product [bad] but it took thousands of years to be weaned off to the current state in the universal abolishment of Chattel Slavery.

Theism which is a critical necessity has been around from for thousands of years. The fact is, the ideology of theism has also been eroding since the last 1000 years to some notable % at the present.
Theism which is not totally evil but malignant in part, need to be wean off to be replaced with fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent unavoidable existential crisis driven by unavoidable zombie parasites in the brain/mind.
Veritas Aequitas

TimeSeeker wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am The current trend is the cons of theism are outweighing its pros with the potential threat some theists could even exterminate the whole human species.
Can you show us the calculus for this claim?
dy/dx

Note this;
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/TROP.jpg

Would you dispute my point when in the near future, the above will be based on WMDs which can now be obtained cheaply in the black-market.
Note how North Korea became a nuclear-armed out of the blue on a national scale.
Smaller groups can also do that on a smaller scale starting with biological WMDs and graduating to nuclear WMDs.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am Btw, ALL evil and violent acts must be addressed and resolved, theism-related evil acts is a large part of all evil and violent acts.
Democide is worse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide#Examples
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am Another point is theism can be weaned off in the near future with potential fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent and unavoidable existential crisis.
Assuming that the only purpose of theism is to deal with existential crisis. And ignoring all the other (pragmatic) benefits.

Prayer is cheaper than a psychologist or Yoga/meditation classes.
Sunday church is better way to build up small communities than any other mechanism.
Group prayer is a great way to broadcast distress calls in small communities.
Traditions and rituals are great ways to connect with others.
I suggest you read and think more wider and deeper to get the answers to the above question.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:17 am

I stated Nazism is a product of evolution just as anything else is a product of evolution which can be good or bad.

The bad products of evolution are often weaned off or eliminated in time as in Nazism which was active only for about 20 years.
"In time" can be immediately or in years, century or hundred or million of years.
Slavery was also a product [bad] but it took thousands of years to be weaned off to the current state in the universal abolishment of Chattel Slavery.

Theism which is a critical necessity has been around from for thousands of years. The fact is, the ideology of theism has also been eroding since the last 1000 years to some notable % at the present.
Theism which is not totally evil but malignant in part, need to be wean off to be replaced with fool proof alternatives to deal with the inherent unavoidable existential crisis driven by unavoidable zombie parasites in the brain/mind.
So theism is not totally evil, but the zombie parasites are evil and they are responsible for it....

I think you should be check for zombie parasites, I not sure you fit in with those of us who are clean.
Veritas Aequitas

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:17 am

So theism is not totally evil, but the zombie parasites are evil and they are responsible for it....

I think you should be check for zombie parasites, I not sure you fit in with those of us who are clean.
Note it is me who understand the principles and mechanics of the zombie parasites and is doing my best to avoid being dragged into the evil impulses.

You on the other hand is totally ignorant of the "zombie parasites" and deny their existence. I presume your current state is good but you would never know when the zombie parasites will trigger you to commit terrible evils and violent act.

In the meantime you [as a theist] are already complicit [indirectly] to the terrible evil and violent acts of the active evil believers [theists] as their bethren [birds of feathers].
The theory [not yet practical] is if you and 80% of the theists can wean off theism voluntarily to a fool proof spirituality, the evil prone theists will not have the indirect moral support of the majority to continue their evil acts.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:36 am dy/dx
What do X and Y signify?
Correlation is not causation. And in this case weak correlation is DEFINITELY not causation.
https://www.dummies.com/education/math/ ... ficient-r/
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:36 am Would you dispute my point when in the near future, the above will be based on WMDs which can now be obtained cheaply in the black-market.
Note how North Korea became a nuclear-armed out of the blue on a national scale.
Smaller groups can also do that on a smaller scale starting with biological WMDs and graduating to nuclear WMDs.
Speculation.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am Assuming that the only purpose of theism is to deal with existential crisis. And ignoring all the other (pragmatic) benefits.
Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups. You don't get to ASSUME what "the only purpose" of theism is! The people who find pragmatic utility in theism get to decide what value (other than dealing with existential crisis) they derive from theism.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am I suggest you read and think more wider and deeper to get the answers to the above question.
I suggest you stop reading and get out into the real world a bit more. Books can't teach you to think because books can't show you the errors in your reasoning. Only reality can.
Veritas Aequitas

TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:44 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am Assuming that the only purpose of theism is to deal with existential crisis. And ignoring all the other (pragmatic) benefits.
Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups. You don't get to ASSUME what "the only purpose" of theism is! The people who find pragmatic utility in theism get to decide what value (other than dealing with existential crisis) they derive from theism.
LOL.. lol :mrgreen:

What a joke!

You are quoting your own statement from your own post
viewtopic.php?p=384140#p384140
and fucking your own stupidity.
What have you been smoking or injecting?

All you want is to retort for its sake and you will do that blindly.
All your retorts lack substance and depth.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:03 am
TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:44 am
LOL.. lol :mrgreen:

What a joke!

You are quoting your own statement from your own post
viewtopic.php?p=384140#p384140
and fucking your own stupidity.
What have you been smoking or injecting?

All you want is to retort for its sake and you will do that blindly.
All your retorts lack substance and depth.
Mea culpa. I made a mistake ;)

If your criterion for a "good retort" is "substance and depth" consider whether that's a bias you hold and whether the "substance and depth" of a retort has any bearing on its value.

Falsification is cheap. Counter-examples to disprove your assumptions need not be masturbatory.

Consider that the shortest academic paper ever published fits on a business card ;)
https://blog.paperpile.com/shortest-papers/

I am in the business of dispelling bullshit with counter-examples. Not manufacturing it - that's your job evidently.

It is also the reason I wonder why you invest so much effort towards justifying your beliefs and so little effort towards dispelling them.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 am

Note it is me who understand the principles and mechanics of the zombie parasites and is doing my best to avoid being dragged into the evil impulses.

You on the other hand is totally ignorant of the "zombie parasites" and deny their existence. I presume your current state is good but you would never know when the zombie parasites will trigger you to commit terrible evils and violent act.

In the meantime you [as a theist] are already complicit [indirectly] to the terrible evil and violent acts of the active evil believers [theists] as their bethren [birds of feathers].
The theory [not yet practical] is if you and 80% of the theists can wean off theism voluntarily to a fool proof spirituality, the evil prone theists will not have the indirect moral support of the majority to continue their evil acts.
So do you understand them from experience?
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups."

As the final say for an important decision, such as hooking up heavy equipment or doing something irrevocable, that's correct.

However assumptions are crucial as a tool for intellectual analysis.

Should you (plural) care to seriously agree or discuss I'll take the leisurely path, which seems to be working out so far, in general.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Walker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:15 pm However assumptions are crucial as a tool for intellectual analysis.
They are? You don't need to assume anything if you have data. Even a rough approximation are more useful than a thumbsuck.

And we live in a world where data is a Google away so you have very few excuses to rely on assumptions. Even when errors are inconsequential. It just encourages sloppy thinking.
Walker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:15 pm Should you (plural) care to seriously agree or discuss I'll take the leisurely path, which seems to be working out so far, in general.
I seriously disagree ;)
Last edited by TimeSeeker on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

We should discuss this. Later.

Feel free to begin anytime (plural), or I'll begin later.
Veritas Aequitas

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:59 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:46 am

So do you understand them from experience?
Yes!!
I understand them from experience [past/present] and reasoning [present].

I have mentioned many times, I was once a theist for a long time till I graduated from it to non-theism or not-a-theist.
I don't deny the psychological relief I got from it then.
In addition, then I believed non-theists were foolish not to accept the obvious 'Creator' of the empirical evident creations.
Veritas Aequitas

TimeSeeker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:30 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:15 pm However assumptions are crucial as a tool for intellectual analysis.
They are? You don't need to assume anything if you have data. Even a rough approximation are more useful than a thumbsuck.

And we live in a world where data is a Google away so you have very few excuses to rely on assumptions. Even when errors are inconsequential. It just encourages sloppy thinking.
Walker wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:15 pm Should you (plural) care to seriously agree or discuss I'll take the leisurely path, which seems to be working out so far, in general.
I seriously disagree ;)
How can you be so ignorant and stupid if you are claiming to be scientific minded?
Science's credibility - other than the essential requirements - has to be grounded on certain basic and relevant assumptions.

Basic assumptions of science
https://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/basic_assumptions