Evil Inherent in All and Active in a %

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Evil Inherent in All and Active in a %

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:18 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:48 am
No, it appears the zombie parasite are telling you what to say considering you are pushing a dogma based on faith.
The point here is, I am the one who introduced the concept of "zombie parasites" thus I know the details and limits of these 'neural' turbulence.

You are ignorant of the details of these "zombie parasites" thus is in no position to make further conclusions about them. Your insistence will only produce stupid statements.
How do you know it is not the zombie parasites bragging about themselves through you? For all we know there may be factions of zombie parasites at war with eachother and your just a pawn.
Not wasting my time on this.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:44 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 am
The point here is, I am the one who introduced the concept of "zombie parasites" thus I know the details and limits of these 'neural' turbulence.

You are ignorant of the details of these "zombie parasites" thus is in no position to make further conclusions about them. Your insistence will only produce stupid statements.
How do you know it is not the zombie parasites bragging about themselves through you? For all we know there may be factions of zombie parasites at war with eachother and your just a pawn.
Apparently the zombie parasites beat you.
Veritas Aequitas

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:46 am
Again,

TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:00 am Again,
How do you know those details and limits if they are not empirical, but conceptual objects?
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:00 am You are ignorant of the details of these "zombie parasites"...
Without empiricism - so are you...

They are just a conceptual framework. It needs not have any bearing or correspondence to reality.

You are building an ideology from first principles. Starting with pre-suppositions.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:00 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:46 am
Again,

There go the zombie parasites again...
henry quirk

zombie parasites = memes

Post by henry quirk »

sorry, veritas, but yours ain't a new concept
Veritas Aequitas

Re: zombie parasites = memes

henry quirk wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 am sorry, veritas, but yours ain't a new concept
I have stated before, the general principles I have stated have been raised and addressed thousands of years before, albeit from a black-box approach. My approach is to dig into that black box.
henry quirk

okay...carry on...

Post by henry quirk »

Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Give up all your "zombie parasite" nonsense, VA. For all you know, it may be that the "parasite" is a fragment of God dwelling within us and as a part of us and you're terrified of its unknowability.
TimeSeeker

Re: zombie parasites = memes

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:56 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:09 am sorry, veritas, but yours ain't a new concept
I have stated before, the general principles I have stated have been raised and addressed thousands of years before, albeit from a black-box approach. My approach is to dig into that black box.
Quite the opposite! Philosophers have been treating the mind as a white box. Thinking that they have some privileged access to understanding how the human mind works. It's utter nonsense! Minds are emergent properties of brains. And brains are really complex (do I have to explain to you again why networked systems have superlinear complexity curves? Your error is to mistake brains for scale-invariant systems).

What we have (and what most of use) is primitive greybox approaches. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_box_model
Veritas Aequitas

Reflex wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:49 pm Give up all your "zombie parasite" nonsense, VA. For all you know, it may be that the "parasite" is a fragment of God dwelling within us and as a part of us and you're terrified of its unknowability.
What??
Prove in what way I can be terrified of God which I have proven as an impossibility.
Should I be terrified of the existence of a square-circle or anything which I know is a deception/lie/falsehood or nonsense.

In your assertion above, you are merely assuming God exists but have no proof nor even a rational argument how God could possibly exists.

Note I wrote this on how I started with real empirical evidence of real evil and violent acts and tracing their root cause to the idea of God and its pros and cons.
Why I Focus on Religious-Based Evil Only?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25284

I have shown evidence the idea of God has emerged in those with serious and many types of mental illness, those with brain damage, those who take drugs/hallucinogens, and many other causes. It is obvious the presences of such evidences is better than yours and the theists' belief without proofs nor reason but by faith.

I have also provided arguments of the existence of "zombie parasites" arising from an existential crisis that triggered the idea of a God to soothe the related terrible psychological pains. These "zombie parasites" in their extreme had driven some theists to be suicide bombers and committing genocides.

Another point is there are a significant percentile of people who survive and progress [some much better of] without a belief in a God, e.g. Buddhists, majority of scientists, and other notable thinkers, etc.

It is obvious my empirical-rational points and arguments above glaringly outweigh your assumption 'God exists' merely based on faith.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

What makes you so afraid to admit you’re not infallible, VA?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 am Prove in what way I can be terrified of God which I have proven as an impossibility.
Provide your definition for "God".

The only way to prove an "impossibility" is to show incongruity of a definition with the laws of physics. If you have done that (as you claim) you already have a definition for "God".

Show it to us.
Veritas Aequitas

Reflex wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 am What makes you so afraid to admit you’re not infallible, VA?
Where did I claim I am infallible?
Avoid strawmaning.

Would appreciate if you could concentrate in providing counters to my arguments.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:52 am
Reflex wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 am What makes you so afraid to admit you’re not infallible, VA?
Where did I claim I am infallible?
Avoid strawmaning.

Would appreciate if you could concentrate in providing counters to my arguments.

I will, when you make one. All you given is your opinion.