Political correctness and snowflake generation

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Davyboi

Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi »

Am I the only person who thinks this is all getting weird? People are frightened of saying what they really feel Incase they get judged? As an English man, and born on the 23 April. Which is Saint Georges day, this day is not celebrated anymore! Reason why? Because it is associated with racism. Madness!
Another thing which annoys me, and I think is unbelievable, that I read, I know this is going to sound trivial, but APU FROM THE SIMPSONS is to be written out as it has now been decided that it is racist, and stereotyping...sheer madness!
Please give me your opinion please
Davyboi

Re: Political correctness and snowflake generation

Post by Davyboi »

Anyone have an opinion? Or is this topic to sensitive?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Davyboi wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 pm Am I the only person who thinks this is all getting weird? People are frightened of saying what they really feel Incase they get judged? As an English man, and born on the 23 April. Which is Saint Georges day, this day is not celebrated anymore! Reason why? Because it is associated with racism. Madness!
Another thing which annoys me, and I think is unbelievable, that I read, I know this is going to sound trivial, but APU FROM THE SIMPSONS is to be written out as it has now been decided that it is racist, and stereotyping...sheer madness!
All I can say is that we are daily bombarded with new information and new knowledge that we can choose to ignore or choose to apply.

We can spend time understanding the new, adapting to it, even adopting its best techniques to our own methods. Or we can spend our time doing things the old way, unaffected by the new, contending with costs as high as before and achieving results no better than before.

Change takes effort, drains resources and doesn’t always reveal its benefits until much later. If we are Luddites, then change is not for us. But if we are alive and healthy, our lives are enriched by lifelong learning and, yes, change.

In medicine, it’s been taught that when a patient says he’s in pain, the healthcare provider must believe him. The healthcare professional must not assume that he’s overacting or too sensitive. It is the same with PC. We must not assume that the others are overacting or too sensitive.

Never knowing beforehand that Apu was a racist, stereotypical cartoon character, we never had to be bothered with PC annoyances. Only now do we know that the character is offensive. To the others, not us. To them.

We can continue to support the caricature as long as we are not concerned about how we treat them, the others. And it would by far be more comforting to continue what we’ve been doing than to enact changes in our behavior.

Comforting to us, that is. But impolite toward the others. Rude. Just plain uncalled for. Unless we, deep down, detest them. Then it would be OK to chuck PC. Do things the old way.

Beside all that, changing would be an admission that we have been behaving badly. That we were wrong. That we were bad people.

No, that’s not it.

It’s that now we have new information and knowledge. We’re going to apply it. We’re able to adapt to change. That’s something that’s necessary for the survival of the species. We can do this.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am
Davyboi wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 pm Am I the only person who thinks this is all getting weird? People are frightened of saying what they really feel Incase they get judged? As an English man, and born on the 23 April. Which is Saint Georges day, this day is not celebrated anymore! Reason why? Because it is associated with racism. Madness!
All I can say is that we are daily bombarded with new information and new knowledge that we can choose to ignore or choose to apply.

We can spend time understanding the new, adapting to it, even adopting its best techniques to our own methods. Or we can spend our time doing things the old way, unaffected by the new, contending with costs as high as before and achieving results no better than before.

Change takes effort, drains resources and doesn’t always reveal its benefits until much later. If we are Luddites, then change is not for us. But if we are alive and healthy, our lives are enriched by lifelong learning and, yes, change.

In medicine, it’s been taught that when a patient says he’s in pain, the healthcare provider must believe him. The healthcare professional must not assume that he’s overacting or too sensitive. It is the same with PC. We must not assume that the others are overacting or too sensitive.

Never knowing beforehand that Apu was a racist, stereotypical cartoon character, we never had to be bothered with PC annoyances. Only now do we know that the character is offensive. To the others, not us. To them.

We can continue to support the caricature as long as we are not concerned about how we treat them, the others. And it would by far be more comforting to continue what we’ve been doing than to enact changes in our behavior.

Comforting to us, that is. But impolite toward the others. Rude. Just plain uncalled for. Unless we, deep down, detest them. Then it would be OK to chuck PC. Do things the old way.

Beside all that, changing would be an admission that we have been behaving badly. That we were wrong. That we were bad people.

No, that’s not it.

It’s that now we have new information and knowledge. We’re going to apply it. We’re able to adapt to change. That’s something that’s necessary for the survival of the species. We can do this.
Well said bud.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

I'm sorry to go on about the Simpsons subject, but to me the reason that character was created was because of, that is the typical job that most people experience Asians with. The local corner shop. Why is that racist or classed as wrong? Why do people view this as bad? An insult..it is just stereotyping people...if someone said what is the stereotype of an English man, immediately people think man in suit, bowler hat and suitcase! Lol
I do personally think this snowflake generation,of political correctness is getting worse, it is dividing people, setting labels for people!
I know this isn't important, but my grandad and his brothers use to have a diary, cows etc make their own milk, cheese etc. Before the big supermarkets took over and killed the small businesses, they had it from the 1900s, they use to supply to the local corner shop, which surprisingly enough was run by an Indian family, my grandad and tofi the owner knew each other for other 30+ years, they were really close friends. but this was at a time when racism was the excepted thing..and my grandad by today's standards would be called a racist by his views and opinions.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I wouldn't worry about snowflakes too much, Davy. None of that nonsense is sustainable. Time will cull the pussies. All we gots to do is navigate the nimrods till then.
Davyboi

Re:

Post by Davyboi »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:20 am I wouldn't worry about snowflakes too much, Davy. None of that nonsense is sustainable. Time will cull the pussies. All we gots to do is navigate the nimrods till then.
I hope it happens soon mate, because it's just getting out of control here! Proper madness!
Did you know, that we have a company who makes tissues the brand name IS KLEENEX...their selling phase was
Kleenex-the man sized tissues. They had to change the name, Carnt call them man-sized tissues anymore because it isn't gender neutral! Lol..
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Oh, I know, we got hordes of pussies makin' monkeyshines here too.

Just gotta sidestep the dogshit on the sidewalk as you can and trudge on through it when you can't.

Never, however, turn heel just cuz of the shit(s).
Greta

Post by Greta »

If someone observed, say, that the US flag is ugly and tasteless looking, do you think any snowflakes would melt down about it?

Or what if they said that military was wildly over-resourced and its funding needs to be slashed.

Or what if they suggested that background checks be compulsory for all people wanting to buy a gun and to ban semi automatic weapons in cities?

Do you think those square-jawed bastions of solidity who so complain about "PC snowflakes" would lift their little panties and squeal like little girls as they always do when their own sacred cows are disrespected? Of course they would.

After all, today the greatest political correctness is to not be politically correct. To show compassion or consideration to minorities is now disallowed as far as right-leaning snowflakes are concerned.

Notice how easy it is to misrepresent people with careless and biased broad brush sweeps? What I said just then was exaggerated and unfair - about as exaggerated and unfair as the usual complaints about political correctness. People taking swipes at others who they will never meet or have the slightest thing to do with, either physically or symbolically. Why do they do it?

Because the whole PC game is slanted nonsense. It's a MASSIVE and quite brilliant con job designed to achieve one thing - division in the masses, and thus achieve control.

Murdoch (and no doubt others) has been working on this project for decades - to isolate the "elite", ie. people who know what they are talking about who tend to falsify his publications' propaganda. Trump is doing the same thing, but with more extremity. So the media fosters a sense of aggrieved outrage and injustice in their customers about changing social mores, to blame the "progressive agenda" and a seemingly shadowy Illuminati style group known as "elites" (they bite the heads off children and sexually molest puppies, didn't you hear!).

Fox indeed - cunning like a fox. Divide and rule. If the people are arguing about trivia like children then we don't notice what's happening at the big end of town, and this helps to maintain the power status quo. Note that the status quo advantages the current dominant players who succeeded in that regulatory environment.

The divide and rule game works every time because there are always malcontents to act as dupes, and I can't see that situation changing any time soon. Rather, as people become ever more agitated due to overpopulation and associated declining living standards, there will be an ever longer conga line of dupes to effectively act as dumb terminals for manipulators of public opinion.

For instance, note that scaring away a few thousand brown people from your nation is largely symbolic. The "tough" governments are still quietly overloading their own citizens with ramped up immigration involving many MILLIONS of people, many of whom are respectable - (even white, for those who care about such things) - but they are still damnable extra bodies being crammed in with the rest of us. (https://www.migrationpolicy.org/program ... ds#history) (https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... ationFlows)

Why do governments do it? Because their corporate masters want more customers. Note that the companies generally either pocket the increased profits or send them overseas. They are also famously avoiding having to pay tax, cruising through tax loopholes that governments never want to fix. The companies sure don't tend to spend the profits from those extra customers on infrastructure to alleviate the accelerating crush loading in cities.

Somehow the media always seems to forget to start a campaign on the serious issues of excessive immigration levels and multinational company tax avoidance, but they can get really excited about some sad trans shmuck just wanting to pee in a public lavatory and keep the campaign going for months, even years. Imagine if that kind of energy was put into getting multinationals to pay tax or to significantly reduce overall immigration levels, or actually try to at least start moving towards renewable energy?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am

No, that’s not it.

Oh please. Who is 'offended'? Stop being 'offended' 'on behalf of' others.
Apu is a 'racist stereotype' because he is brown, like most Indians tend to be, and he speaks with an Indian accent (which Indians who have English as a second language tend to do)?? PCturds are so racist, they think that portraying a brown person as brown is 'offensive and insulting'. How racist and insulting is that? They are so up themselves that with a bit of luck they will eventually disappear up their own arses.
I think I loathe PCturd hypocrites more than anyone else on the planet. AAAAGGHHHH!
henry quirk

yeah, like I said...

Post by henry quirk »

...don't worry about snowflakes too much, Davy. None of that nonsense is sustainable. Time will cull the pussies. All we gots to do is navigate the nimrods till then.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: yeah, like I said...

henry quirk wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 am ...don't worry about snowflakes too much, Davy. None of that nonsense is sustainable. Time will cull the pussies. All we gots to do is navigate the nimrods till then.
I'm not so sure. They have cottoned on to the fact that they can get their pincers into the adults of the future via the school system i.e. children. Didn't you know that teachers don't teach any more; they 'socially engineer' and push their political agenda. Even the rainbow isn't safe.
The scary thing is that the PC are such HUGE wankers, and fill everyone else with such revulsion, that people being the idiots that they are will go to the other extreme and we are liable to end up with something akin to a Nazi police state, especially as the PC has fucked up the education system so we don't have the critical and scientific thinkers that we once did.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Don't be a dupe. Don't buy into the snowflake calling game.

You all know it's BS. Entertaining BS, to be sure, which is why everyone is so keen on it, but it's noise. Garbage. A game.

"Snowflake" is a game played to manipulate little people into working against each other, because a divided house achieves nothing but infighting. That allows those who promote the fighting to operate with minimal scrutiny.

So while everyone goes nuts about some dodgy affirmative action appointment they are ignoring the fact that their lives are being made worse by governments flooding already under-resourced cities with extra "customers" for their corporate masters and doing nothing to close the tax loopholes that, if closed, could go some way to solving at least some infrastructure logjams.

Angry with the world? Write to your local MP or mobilise? Hell no! Let's go go kick a tranny who needs to do a poop in a public restroom. Ah, that feels better. Oh damn, I can't find an affordable new place to live ... never mind, I can go kick another tranny or maybe a black who got an affirmative action promotion.

A few cathartic kicks of weak minorities and all is well again, for a while ... until the need to kick someone too weak to defend themselves returns. Another fix is always needed, and the tabloid media are happy to oblige. Modern "bread and circuses" for the mindless dupes and drones who buy in - and there are plenty of them.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:51 am Don't be a dupe. Don't buy into the snowflake calling game.

You all know it's BS. Entertaining BS, to be sure, which is why everyone is so keen on it, but it's noise. Garbage. A game.

"Snowflake" is a game played to manipulate little people into working against each other, because a divided house achieves nothing but infighting. That allows those who promote the fighting to operate with minimal scrutiny.

So while everyone goes nuts about some dodgy affirmative action appointment they are ignoring the fact that their lives are being made worse by governments flooding already under-resourced cities with extra "customers" for their corporate masters and doing nothing to close the tax loopholes that, if closed, could go some way to solving at least some infrastructure logjams.

Angry with the world? Write to your local MP or mobilise? Hell no! Let's go go kick a tranny who needs to do a poop in a public restroom. Ah, that feels better. Oh damn, I can't find an affordable new place to live ... never mind, I can go kick another tranny or maybe a black who got an affirmative action promotion.

A few cathartic kicks of weak minorities and all is well again, for a while ... until the need to kick someone too weak to defend themselves returns. Another fix is always needed, and the tabloid media are happy to oblige. Modern "bread and circuses" for the mindless dupes and drones who buy in - and there are plenty of them.
Everything is connected. Try to dig a bit deeper. Just because I loathe PCturds does not mean I'm about to go and kick a 'tranny' to death. I'm not that way inclined, but plenty are. Going into schools and kindergartens dressed as rainbow clowns and confusing children with things they shouldn't even be thinking about is definitely NOT ok. Extreme attracts extreme. This is what happened with the US election. The patronising moraliturds played right into the hands of the 'right'. People don't like being told what to think. They also don't like having their children used as political pawns, especially not by disingenuous sociopathic wankers who think that 'projection' makes them appear as a 'good person' to observers. That's how delusional they are.
Greta

Post by Greta »

But you are still focusing on what the manipulators want you to focus on. Of course, some will simply like focusing on those things and thus might be not be as much dupes as accidental patsies. Most look to me to be duped, though.