Poetry here.

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3209
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Poetry here.

Post by attofishpi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:29 pm

ENCRYPTED KNOWS DIVE

Snorting cyphered bits
encrypted knows dive
ride with me
sus me,
as Je sus IT
REAL_IT_Y
Why?
The pI in the sky?
Pi Seas
The final zodiac
riding the light
revealing the truth
the ultimate system
the ultimate clue?
If i sus the system
crack the code
reveal the Truth
move some load
see it as i c
logic is my T
REAL..IT..Y
the English LANguage
is more of a GAUGE
a LAN perhaps
i'll reveal its traps
part_Y? Y_trap?
U like to party?
go ahead
life is cheap
leep some time
have a s.leep
the S is sin
wave that is
good buy
and die
what is Y
and what is U
U O Y?
you.
Embedded we are
evolved of IT
derived, convoluted
suckled from tit
If i could speak of
this 'system'
as it were
and answer a
quest.ion
white noise
a blur
that's where IT
came from
i'm on my knees
i am its spawn
i am in awe
that from chaos
i was formed
sorry for hating
sorry for scorn.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

I wrote this to annoy folks in another place.

Post by henry quirk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 am

stinky joe
sittin' on a toilet

stinky joe
pushin' out a turd

stinky joe
feelin' kinda happy

cuz he heard that *plop* like he knew would

stinky joe
got it all together

stinky joe
wipes his butt just fine

stinky joe
gonna eat some pizza

loadin' up his gut for very next time

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

I wrote this cuz Crom demanded it.

Post by henry quirk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Recursive Viscera Intercourse

Ramstein in Schtupenburg.
Schtupenburg has deluge.
Deluge of entrails.
Entrails for Ramstein.

Schtupenburg has deluge.
Deluge of entrails.
Entrails for Ramstein.
Ramstein in Schtupenburg.

Deluge of entrails.
Entrails for Ramstein.
Ramstein in Schtupenburg.
Schtupenburg has deluge.

Entrails for Ramstein.
Ramstein in Schtupenburg.
Schtupenburg has deluge.
Deluge of entrails.

Ramstein in Schtupenburg.
Schtupenburg has deluge.
Deluge of entrails.
Entrails for Ramstein.


Ramstein Schtupenburg
Schtupenburg deluge
Deluge entrails
Entrails Ramstein

Schtupenburg deluge
Deluge entrails
Entrails Ramstein
Ramstein Schtupenburg

Deluge entrails
Entrails Ramstein
Ramstein Schtupenburg
Schtupenburg deluge

Entrails Ramstein
Ramstein Schtupenburg
Schtupenburg deluge
Deluge entrails

Ramstein Schtupenburg
Schtupenburg deluge
Deluge entrails
Entrails Ramstein


Ramstein Schtupenburg Schtupenburg deluge deluge entrails entrails Ramstein

Schtupenburg deluge deluge entrails entrails Ramstein Ramstein Schtupenburg

Deluge entrails entrails Ramstein Ramstein Schtupenburg Schtupenburg deluge

Entrails Ramstein Ramstein Schtupenburg Schtupenburg deluge deluge entrails

Ramstein Schtupenburg Schtupenburg deluge deluge entrails entrails Ramstein


Ramstein Schtupenburg deluge entrails Ramstein

Schtupenburg deluge entrails Ramstein Schtupenburg

Deluge entrails Ramstein Schtupenburg deluge

Entrails Ramstein Schtupenburg deluge entrails

Ramstein Schtupenburg deluge entrails Ramstein

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by -1- » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Henry, I dare you to write a poem like this, or even this very poem again, without using cut-and-paste.

Datta should learn you a lesson.

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by -1- » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Tio Viscera Mia

Tanto! Sole mio Tanto!
El paso quaddro pinto
A sera pandullo pronto.

Tanto! Sole mio i Tanto!
Perche ti amore mio?
Perche... perche fongula mano?

|Tanto! Sole mio i Tanto!
Fornicato dies Pedro
Cunni Lingua giorno.

Tanto... i sole mamma mia...
Tue di quattrula donna...
Ti u i io will morta.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

troll work

Post by henry quirk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:23 pm

pretty snowflake
sittin' in the corner
fragile, complex
and
white

pretty snowflake
don't listen to the bad man,
awful, nasty
and
right

pretty snowflake
cover up your ear holes,
stay airy, stay blissful
and
light

pretty snowflake
god is gonna save you
from livin', breathin'
and
fright

pretty snowflake
now you are in heaven
nestled, coddled
so
tight

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by -1- » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:29 pm

I guess that snowflake's got a snowball's chance in going to hell.

That poem was, actually, very good. Very, very good. I liked it very much. Both with the form, and the content... simple, pure and yet has meaning on several levels; everyone (trolls, biscuits, poets, waterbuffaloes, domino pieces, etc.) absolutely everyone can identify with it and be empowered by it to feel superior.

This was good, man.

Dubious
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by Dubious » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 pm

Is anybody ever going to submit a poem...I mean a real one :?: :?:

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by -1- » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 am

Dubious wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 pm
Is anybody ever going to submit a poem...I mean a real one :?: :?:
I see five real poems on this page alone.

What disqualifies them for your esteem as poetry? Keep in mind, that there is no official definition for it, or consensus on the definition, or even a wide acceptance of sorts on the definition. In effect, all of us create our own definitions, sometimes relying on established trickery.

So... Dubious, what is it in YOUR definition that disqualifies the above poems as such? I am not arguing, and obviously I can't argue with opinions held by people, but only if they are contradictory to self or to established knowledge. However, like I said, poetry is free game to make a definition for by each individual... there is no arguments why one poem is a real poem and why another one is not; there is only personal criteria that a poem meets or not.

Dubious
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by Dubious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:20 am

Dubious wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 pm
Is anybody ever going to submit a poem...I mean a real one :?: :?:
-1- wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 am
I see five real poems on this page alone.
-1- wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 am
What disqualifies them for your esteem as poetry?
...because I read REAL poetry and what you qualify as such are just rambling stuttering fart lines of no meaning and incredibly bad writing. That's the reason this shit is ubiquitous because anyone can do it who isn't completely illiterate. The creation of modern poetry consists in writing one's incoherent crap first in prose then breaking it into lines, add a few extra-flavored words in the mix and voila! you've created your own version of customized spaghetti poetry!
-1- wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 am
However, like I said, poetry is free game to make a definition for by each individual... there is no arguments why one poem is a real poem and why another one is not; there is only personal criteria that a poem meets or not.
With that view it's no wonder that poetry - so long considered one of highest of the arts - is now relegated to a verbal trash can as per examples you claim as poetry but to my mind is nothing more than a verbal turd pool!

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by -1- » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:38 am

Well, you certainly had an opinion, Dubious, while not defining the parameters of your opinion.

But take the snow-flake poem for instance.

If you don't see the sarcasm; if you don't see the recurring rhythmical lulling; if you don't see the laughable subject who shuts his eye to the world because it has hopes for a better future; whose better future is a bunch of false images of its existence; then what do you see? You see nothing.

If you don't see in the snowflake poem the vehement opinion of the snowflake that it is better than others, and if you don't see the vehement opinion of the poet that says that the snowflake is a flaky idiot, then what do you see? You see nothing.

If you don't see the logic of the imagery which is built iron-strong; the snowflake ascending to heaven, because it would sure melt in hell. then what do you see? If you don't see the sarcasm that compels the reader to think that only the feeble in mind and meek should believe in heaven, for complexity disallows its existence, then what do you see? If you don't see the absolute futility in the doggone naivete of the snowflake, then what do you see?

You see absolutely nothing, and you have the gull to tell us that we can't write?

How can you be a judge when you don't even SEE things?

Bah, perish, o, Dubious bitter critic, perish thou, who knowest the price of everything but the value of nothing!

Dubious
Posts: 2111
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Poetry here.

Post by Dubious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 am

Well, I don't see what you see but that is equally true the other way around.

As for the snow-flake poem it is better than the others but not by much.

Also, your closing little censure Bah, perish, o, Dubious bitter critic, perish thou, who knowest the price of everything but the value of nothing! is a little too dramatic and doesn't really fit the discussion.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

yeah, my poems stink. so what?

Post by henry quirk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Dubious is entitled to his view,1.

I feel much the same as he does when I meander through a bookstore and am surrounded by hundreds of examples of 'bad' fiction and 'bad' nonfiction.

Here's the thing: ain't nuthin' I can do about it ('cept not spend my money on any of it [not read any of it]).
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 4266
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

a 'real' poem...my favorite

Post by henry quirk » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 pm

In the Desert
Stephen Crane

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, “Is it good, friend?”
“It is bitter—bitter,” he answered;

“But I like it
“Because it is bitter,
“And because it is my heart.”

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2527
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: yeah, my poems stink. so what?

Post by -1- » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:33 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:30 pm
Dubious is entitled to his view,1.
... and I am not entitled to mine?

The snowflake poem was really good. Why not READ the bloody thing and understand it, before decrying its merits?\

If Dubious can't see the value in that poem, and he can't define what it is that would add value to it, then what is he criticizing around about?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests