Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 am

Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 am
God messing with English, unreasonably sure of simulation, magical information, magical entropy, denial of a part of the human brain, third party Matrix. Get a fucking grip.
Time for that thread to re-appear again I think...

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 am

Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 am
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am

Entropy is just the arrow of time, it's characteristic to one of the shortest possible routes from the Big Bang to the self-aware human.
...and when human start running out of resources, they will need to simulate reality, to become more efficient. This may have already occurred.
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
And information is ultimately just an abstraction, or the same as matter. They don't "do" anything, especially don't cause matrixes.
Yeah, just tickling what I saw of the David Icke in you.
That's rich, coming from you who is totally David Icke - Deepak Chopra. :)
Deepak? What are you talking about? A spiritual doosh.
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 am
God messing with English, unreasonably sure of simulation, magical information, magical entropy, denial of a part of the human brain, third party Matrix. Get a fucking grip.
There's a lot more than just the 'messing' with the English language. It is a natural part of intelligence sentient evolution as resources become limited, that they 'evolve' into a simulation. Their 'deity' being A.I.

Part 1. EVIL LIVE
Part 2. A man's best friend is a DOG, reversed GOD.

Address the points in page one, or stop wasting my time.

Atla
Posts: 2490
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:25 am
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 am
God messing with English, unreasonably sure of simulation, magical information, magical entropy, denial of a part of the human brain, third party Matrix. Get a fucking grip.
Time for that thread to re-appear again I think...
Then what are you waiting for. :)

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:43 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 am
Part 1. EVIL LIVE
Part 2. A man's best friend is a DOG, reversed GOD.

Address the points in page one, or stop wasting my time.
It is a spurious correlation. There is no point.

It doesn't carry over to other languages.

In Russian :
God -> БОГ
Evil -> злой
Dog -> Собака
Live -> жить

In Spanish:
God -> Dios
Dog -> Perro
Live -> Vivir
Evil -> Mal

Not to mention that you have arbitrarily decided that the antonym of EVIL is LIVE. Is it?
Linguistic meaning does not exist on a continuum.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:00 am

.
Last edited by attofishpi on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:00 am
i stated, it is very hard to LIVE when 'God' is doing EVIL to you.
It is also very hard to LIVE when SATAN is doing EVIL to you.
It's also very hard to LIVE when ENTROPY is doing EVIL to you.
It's also very hard to LIVE when WAR is doing EVIL to you.
It's also very hard to LIVE when POVERTY is doing EVIL to you.
It's also very hard to LIVE when MALARIA is doing EVIL to you.

Do you recognize the generality/particularity distinction?

EVIL (or BAD, or SIN, or WRONG, or IMMORAL) is a broad term for "EVERYTHING I don't like/want/enjoy/desire". It is a FEELING that has not yet been decomposed into a higher resolution perspective.
Last edited by TimeSeeker on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am

...you need time to consider what you post before blathering without thinking.



TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:43 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 am
Part 1. EVIL LIVE
Part 2. A man's best friend is a DOG, reversed GOD.

Address the points in page one, or stop wasting my time.
It is a spurious correlation. There is no point.

It doesn't carry over to other languages.

In Russian :
God -> БОГ
Evil -> злой
Dog -> Собака
Live -> жить

In Spanish:
God -> Dios
Dog -> Perro
Live -> Vivir
Evil -> Mal

Not to mention that you have arbitrarily decided that the antonym of EVIL is LIVE. Is it?
No I didn't, if you read my previous statement regarding EVIL and LIVE...i stated, it is very hard to LIVE when 'God' is doing EVIL to you. I never stated an antonym in this thread, it is a dichotomy sure, but not antonyms.

...and..what part of ENGLISH - THE common protocol of planet Earth don't you understand? ...so you start bringing foreign words into the fray.

This was your other contribution:-
Show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'grobmunf'.
Then show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'splagtrech'.

...now explain how I should view you as anything more than an idiot?

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am
...and..what part of ENGLISH - THE common protocol of planet Earth don't you understand? ...so you start bringing foreign words into the fray.
Oh that's easy! The part where I have NO idea how you have come to the conclusion that English is THE protocol of planet Earth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far more people speak Mandarin (or as we dummies call it - Chinese): https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02/ ... languages/

So I guess you could say: I reject your premise? On the grounds of it being a bandwagon fallacy.

And if you count beyond humans far more devices speak TCP/IP :D

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am
...and..what part of ENGLISH - THE common protocol of planet Earth don't you understand? ...so you start bringing foreign words into the fray.
Oh that's easy! The part where I have NO idea how you have come to the conclusion that English is THE protocol of planet Earth :lol: :lol: :lol:

Far more people speak Mandarin (or as we dummies call it - Chinese): https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02/ ... languages/

So I guess you could say: I reject your premise? On the grounds of it being a bandwagon fallacy.
Thats because you are a simple dipshit, you are talking about THE most POPULIST language. The COMMON protocol language between nations is ENGLISH.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 am
You are a dipshit, you are talking about THE most POPULIST language. The COMMON protocol language between nations is ENGLISH.
Ahhhh. Moving the goalposts I see.

The most COMMON protocol between nations is TCP/IP.
Or JavaScript.

Depending on your conception of what a 'language' is.
Last edited by TimeSeeker on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:13 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 am
You are a dipshit, you are talking about THE most POPULIST language. The COMMON protocol language between nations is ENGLISH.
Ahhhh. Moving the goalposts I see.

The most COMMON protocol between nations is TCP/IP.
People derail threads when they are losing, nice attempt. Talk about goalpost moving!
Last edited by attofishpi on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:14 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:13 am
People derail threads when they are losing, nice attempt.
People claim derailment when their premises are challenged.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:14 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:13 am
People derail threads when they are losing, nice attempt.
People claim derailment when their premises are challenged.
You haven't come close to challenging the premise - simply because you haven't the gumption to comprehend the premise. You argue like a teen twat on cocaine.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:16 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am
You haven't come close to challenging the premise - simply because you haven't the gumption to comprehend the premise.
Alternative hypothesis: you haven't come close to understand the challenge. Because you lack the knowledge/background in linguistics OR propositional logic.
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am
You argue like a teen twat on cocaine.
You insult similarly.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:24 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:16 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:15 am
You haven't come close to challenging the premise - simply because you haven't the gumption to comprehend the premise.
Alternative hypothesis: you haven't come close to understand the challenge. Because you lack the knowledge/background in linguistics OR propositional logic.
Really - this was part of your argument:-
Show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'grobmunf'.
Then show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'splagtrech'.

Fuck - UNI is doing you proud son, you simply don't have the intelligence for a rational debate and the above proved it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests