Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 am
You almost sound ready to discuss the actual point of the thread, that the English language has a dichotomy and anomalies beyond what would naturally occur with language etymology?
You almost sound ready to acknowledge that we will end up exactly where I started. Phenomenology ;)
When people use language to describe things, they are describing their EXPERIENCE of these things.

Of course, when you are trying to describe a phenomenon you've never encountered before you don't have a handy word like 'rain'. You have to invent it! So you say something like "sky water".

Language is recursive. Words define other words, define other words, define other words. Which is rather ironic because I ask "where do you start"?

And so some words actually refer to the same phenomena and so they mean the same thing. They are distinctions without a difference.
You need to address the points made in the opening page of the thread. The point being made, that the English language or at least, the words pertaining to life within it, are not naturally occurring, they are NOT a natural phenomenon of language etymology.
TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:36 am
My first example. From experience of the 3rd party entity, it IS very hard to LIVE when 'it' does EVIL to you. Random chance that they are the reverse of each other? The above from the online etymology dictionary (https://www.etymonline.com/) shows NO correlation between the words origin.
The irony here is that this thing you refer to as 'it' in your first sentence, but then you use the words as 'random' and 'chance' in the next sentence.
And so you have separated the 'it' phenomenon which does EVIL to you, from the phenomena of 'randomness' and 'chance'.
Yes, in that IT IS a contradiction, that to think these words happen to be in reverse of each other is random is irrational.
TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 am
I haven't ;) All those phenomena which cause me "EVIL" that I don't understand (e.g that are OUTSIDE OF MY CONTROL). I call them entropy.
Entropy is likely the very reason the 3rd part intelligence exists in the first place.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 am
You need to address the points made in the opening page of the thread. The point being made, that the English language or at least, the words pertaining to life within it, are not naturally occurring, they are NOT a natural phenomenon of language etymology.
OK. I am addressing it. There are NO words which are naturally-occurring. The English language IS man-made!

Life existed before language existed.

And so: what was THE First Word. THE word which doesn't have an etymology? THE word where Language itself started.
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 am
Entropy is likely the very reason the 3rd part intelligence exists in the first place.
Sure, but that is just part of the story. The other side of the same coin is that entropy is also what is going to UNDO intelligence.

Because 'intelligence' (or self-awareness) is just a random pattern in the bigger patter of 'the universe'.

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:21 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 am
You need to address the points made in the opening page of the thread. The point being made, that the English language or at least, the words pertaining to life within it, are not naturally occurring, they are NOT a natural phenomenon of language etymology.
OK. I am addressing it. There are NO words which are naturally-occurring. language IS man-made!

What was THE First Word. THE word which doesn't have an etymology? THE word where Language itself started.
I am not stating that words do not have an etymology. I am stating that there is a DICHOTOMY of certain words within the English language, that IS beyond NATURAL etymology, that there are ANOMALIES.

Please pay attention.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:27 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am
I am not stating that words do not have an etymology. I am stating that there is a DICHOTOMY of certain words within the English language, that IS beyond NATURAL etymology, that there are ANOMOLIES.

Please pay attention.
Are 'ANOMOLIES' different to 'ANOMALIES'?

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:34 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:27 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am
I am not stating that words do not have an etymology. I am stating that there is a DICHOTOMY of certain words within the English language, that IS beyond NATURAL etymology, that there are ANOMOLIES.

Please pay attention.
Are 'ANOMOLIES' different to 'ANOMALIES'?
Stop being a dick, a misspell on my part. Address the point.

Atla
Posts: 2489
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 pm
Why are you certain that a 'universal entropy/information entity' doesn't exist, when in fact, entropy could and in fact, if we don't extinguish ourselves, will cause a 3rd party entity 'matrix'. A system that some in the past on experience of, would call a deity.
Entropy is just the arrow of time, it's characteristic to one of the shortest possible routes from the Big Bang to the self-aware human. And information is ultimately just an abstraction, or the same as matter. They don't "do" anything, especially don't cause matrixes.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:40 am

Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
Entropy is just the arrow of time, it's characteristic to one of the shortest possible routes from the Big Bang to the self-aware human. And information is ultimately just an abstraction, or the same as matter. They don't "do" anything, especially don't cause matrixes.
That's just the entropy of thermodynamics. There are multiple conceptions of entropy.

Shannon entropy.
Von Neumann entropy.
Gibbs entropy.

You are using a very particular definition of entropy that isn't terribly useful in broader, more general discussions.

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:45 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:34 am
TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:27 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:25 am
I am not stating that words do not have an etymology. I am stating that there is a DICHOTOMY of certain words within the English language, that IS beyond NATURAL etymology, that there are ANOMOLIES.

Please pay attention.
Are 'ANOMOLIES' different to 'ANOMALIES'?
Stop being a dick, a misspell on my part. Address the point.
I have no idea how to address your point because I don't see your point.

Any evolution of English words results from humans USING (some people may say MISUSING, but I am no grammar Nazi) words differently.

Because I do not understand what "beyond NATURAL etymology" means. It seems that you are suggesting that there is another kind of etymology OTHER than the NATURAL one?

And so any dichotomy you observe is just your pattern-matching brain raising a flag.

Atla
Posts: 2489
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:40 am
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
Entropy is just the arrow of time, it's characteristic to one of the shortest possible routes from the Big Bang to the self-aware human. And information is ultimately just an abstraction, or the same as matter. They don't "do" anything, especially don't cause matrixes.
That's just the entropy of thermodynamics. There are multiple conceptions of entropy.

Shannon entropy.
Von Neumann entropy.
Gibbs entropy.

You are using a very particular definition of entropy that isn't terribly useful in broader, more general discussions.
You are the one mixing vastly different meanings, to arrive at your nonsensical and fallacious ideas.

And your bullshit court trial thread got deleted. After yesterday's all time low, your entropy-karma points take a further nose dive. :)

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 am

Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 am
You are the one mixing vastly different meanings, to arrive at your nonsensical and fallacious ideas.
And by 'vastly different' you mean more general/less particular.

Von Neumann entropy is a subset of Gibbs entropy. Gibbs entropy is a subset of Shannon entropy.


Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 am
And your bullshit court trial thread got deleted. After yesterday's all time low, your entropy-karma points take a further nose dive. :)
Good thing I saved all the evidence, then eh? So I can just re-open that thread rather quickly ;)

Atla
Posts: 2489
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 am
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 am
You are the one mixing vastly different meanings, to arrive at your nonsensical and fallacious ideas.
And by 'vastly different' you mean more general/less particular.

Von Neumann entropy is a subset of Gibbs entropy. Gibbs entropy is a subset of Shannon entropy.


Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:48 am
And your bullshit court trial thread got deleted. After yesterday's all time low, your entropy-karma points take a further nose dive. :)
Good thing I saved all the evidence, then eh? So I can just re-open that thread rather quickly ;)
Yeah do that, maybe they ban you this time too. :)

TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:00 am

Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 am
Yeah do that, maybe they ban you this time too. :)
Because I can't just create another login, eh? :)

In fact. If I get bored tonight I could write some automata to keep creating accounts and re-posting the evidence for your dishonesty ;)

Every hour, on the hour sound good to you?

Atla
Posts: 2489
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:05 am

TimeSeeker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:00 am
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 am
Yeah do that, maybe they ban you this time too. :)
Because I can't just create another login, eh? :)

In fact. If I get bored tonight I could write some automata to keep creating accounts and re-posting the evidence for your dishonesty ;)

Every hour, on the hour sound good to you?
Sure, do that. :)

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 am

Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 pm
Why are you certain that a 'universal entropy/information entity' doesn't exist, when in fact, entropy could and in fact, if we don't extinguish ourselves, will cause a 3rd party entity 'matrix'. A system that some in the past on experience of, would call a deity.
Entropy is just the arrow of time, it's characteristic to one of the shortest possible routes from the Big Bang to the self-aware human.
...and when human start running out of resources, they will need to simulate reality, to become more efficient. This may have already occurred.
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
And information is ultimately just an abstraction, or the same as matter. They don't "do" anything, especially don't cause matrixes.
Yeah, just tickling what I saw of the David Icke in you.

Atla
Posts: 2489
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:21 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 am
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
attofishpi wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:24 pm
Why are you certain that a 'universal entropy/information entity' doesn't exist, when in fact, entropy could and in fact, if we don't extinguish ourselves, will cause a 3rd party entity 'matrix'. A system that some in the past on experience of, would call a deity.
Entropy is just the arrow of time, it's characteristic to one of the shortest possible routes from the Big Bang to the self-aware human.
...and when human start running out of resources, they will need to simulate reality, to become more efficient. This may have already occurred.
Atla wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am
And information is ultimately just an abstraction, or the same as matter. They don't "do" anything, especially don't cause matrixes.
Yeah, just tickling what I saw of the David Icke in you.
That's rich, coming from you who is totally David Icke - Deepak Chopra. :)

God messing with English, unreasonably sure of simulation, magical information, magical entropy, denial of a part of the human brain, third party Matrix. Get a fucking grip.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests