Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:28 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:27 am So you feel there is no meaning in:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives" ?
I KNOW there is no meaning. Because it is RANDOMLY GENERATED.

Meaning requires intention. An intent to describe something; or an intent to say something. Humans are driven by intent.
You are truly lowering yourself to the level of an idiot. A 'randomly' generated sentence can have sustenance within English you inbred moron.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 am You are truly lowering yourself to the level of an idiot. A 'randomly' generated sentence can have sustenance within English you inbred moron.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

A randomly generated sentence lacks intentionality https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/intentionality/
And without intentionality - a randomly generated sentence is not trying to say anything! To anyone! So it MEANS nothing in and of itself!

Whatever MEANING you find in it - is your own INTERPRETATION.

Last time you resorted to insult your excuse was "long day and night and morning", wonder what excuse you have now...
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:36 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 am You are truly lowering yourself to the level of an idiot. A 'randomly' generated sentence can have sustenance within English you inbred moron.
Last time you resorted to insult your excuse was "long day and night and morning", wonder what excuse you have now...
Who needs to excuse themselves from the truth?
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:45 am Who needs to excuse themselves from the truth?
The truth that you are very rude?
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:46 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:45 am Who needs to excuse themselves from the truth?
The truth that you are very rude?
Truth be told I am to condescending fools.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:52 am Truth be told I am to condescending fools.
You mistake error correction with condescension. If you want me to stop pointing out your errors in reasoning just say so and I will stop.

I figured you are on a philosophy forum because you want to learn, but perhaps I was mistaken. Indeed - that would make me a fool.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:25 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:52 am Truth be told I am to condescending fools.
You mistake error correction with condescension. If you want me to stop pointing out your errors in reasoning just say so and I will stop.

I figured you are on a philosophy forum because you want to learn, but perhaps I was mistaken. Indeed - that would make me a fool.
I respect that (i'll point out where you are wrong...eventually)

Intermission:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjNCSw41QSA
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 am i'll point out where you are wrong...eventually
Indeed, I want you to! That is why I am here. Corrective feedback.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:12 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:47 am i'll point out where you are wrong...eventually
Indeed, I want you to! That is why I am here. Corrective feedback.
The thread is stating that there is a dichotomy and anomolies with the words of the English language beyond natural etymology. So why are you bringing entire sentences into the mix? Where and what the words construct within a sentence are of no consequence to my argument.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am The thread is stating that there is a dichotomy and anomolies with the words of the English language beyond natural etymology. So why are you bringing entire sentences into the mix? Where and what the words construct within a sentence are of no consequence to my argument.
The same argument applies for sentences or words. If an algorithm is blurting out words at random - they don't mean anything.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am The thread is stating that there is a dichotomy and anomolies with the words of the English language beyond natural etymology. So why are you bringing entire sentences into the mix? Where and what the words construct within a sentence are of no consequence to my argument.
The same argument applies for sentences or words.
No it doesn't. The argument is that the words have a dichotomy and anomolies beyond natural etymology, it has nothing to do with the the sentences they may construct.
TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:22 pmIf an algorithm is blurting out words at random - they don't mean anything.
Irrelevant.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 pm Irrelevant.
OK.

Show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'grobmunf'.
Then show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'splagtrech'.
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4444
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:39 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 pm Irrelevant.
OK.

Show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'grobmunf'.
Then show me the dichotomy/anomalies in the word 'splagtrech'.
At first i thought you had a little light in your head. As we continued, you did reduce yourself to an idiot. Now you've proven yourself inept of understanding the argument at hand, and indeed have rendered yourself as the stupidest c^nt I have had to deal with upon this forum.
TimeSeeker
Posts: 2866
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:42 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:52 pm At first i thought you had a little light in your head. As we continued, you did reduce yourself to an idiot. Now you've proven yourself inept of understanding the argument at hand, and indeed have rendered yourself as the stupidest c^nt I have had to deal with upon this forum.
OR. I understood your argument, and I am providing you with counter-evidence that it's broken.

But since you are lashing out, I am guessing you got triggered. Which would be evidence of some sort.... for something....

The point is - how are you going to stop me from inventing my own words/language with your 'centralized authority'?

Or I could've just countered your idiocy with an XKCD (replace the word 'standards' with the word 'languages'): https://xkcd.com/927/
But I am a far more polite c*nt than you ;)
Atla
Posts: 3026
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by Atla »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 am The English language is THE common protocol for communication around the world, from my knowledge of a 3rd party entity some would refer to as 'God' it is more than apparent that words contained within its domain, which pertains to ALL reality are beyond what we would naturally assume are natural etymological roots within this language.
How do you know that this third party entity isn't just a disconnected/desynchronized part of your own mind? That's how it usually happens with people who are in contact with God.
Post Reply