Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Dichotomy and anomolies beyond etymology of English

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:09 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm It says you are a wanker. I disagree I think you are just out of touch with the point being made.
Guess there is a bug in your interpreter...
I do apologise, it was a long day and night and morning...it actually said this:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives"

...actually an interesting point, but not related to the thread point.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:30 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm It says you are a wanker. I disagree I think you are just out of touch with the point being made.
I do apologise, it was a long day and night and morning...it actually said this:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives"

It's not a point. It is straight out of: http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/ ;)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:19 am

Ok. So when I clicked the link it stated:- ' The mind is entangled in precious boundaries '.

What if I told you that the system we are within, took me beyond the boundary that is 'precious' and into chaos, I have had two days of reckoning within the chaos that 'God' has subjected me to, was I within a precious boundary in both instances. I assure I wasn't. ''God' can be THE MOST vile c.nt you could experience.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:36 am

Ok. So when I clicked the link it stated:- ' The mind is entangled in precious boundaries '.

What if I told you that the system we are within, took me beyond the boundary that is 'precious' and into chaos, I have had two days of reckoning within the chaos that 'God' has subjected me to, was I within a precious boundary in both instances. I assure I wasn't. ''God' can be THE MOST vile c.nt you could experience.
Then you have learned how to interpret text based on YOUR experiences. Which is par for the course for ANY interpretation ;)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:40 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:36 am

Then you have learned how to interpret text based on YOUR experiences. Which is par for the course for ANY interpretation ;)
The text and the point of this thread is irrelevant to my last statement which was directed at your link to chopra, someone with about as much wisdom as a carrot in comparison to my sage, and what I was taught.

Do you think chopra has gnosis?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:53 am Do you think chopra has gnosis?
I can't make any assertions until I understand what he is saying.

And I don't understand what he is saying so I will go with "I don't know" :)

But the point of that website is that those are NOT original Chopra quotes. They are "quotes" generated by an algorithm.

And so the fact that you find any "meaning" or "interpretation" in them is a sure sign that it is all your experiences. Because the "quotes" are random ;)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:53 am Do you think chopra has gnosis?
I can't make any assertions until I understand what he is saying.

And I don't understand what he is saying so I will go with "I don't know" :)

But the point of that website is that those are NOT original Chopra quotes. They are "quotes" generated by an algorithm.
So why waste my time with 'outsourced' crap. Take on my argument that the English language is beyond natural language etymology or again, stop wasting my time.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:00 am So why waste my time with 'outsourced' crap. Take on my argument that the English language is beyond natural language etymology or again, stop wasting my time.
I think I have successfully demonstrated that words don't contain any meaning? Given that you FOUND MEANING in RANDOMLY GENERATED TEXT!

What more do you want me to say on the matter?

I am not wasting your time. I am saving it. Because a philosophical discussion on the matter will become esoteric very rapidly and it will probably not answer any questions.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:07 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:00 am So why waste my time with 'outsourced' crap. Take on my argument that the English language is beyond natural language etymology or again, stop wasting my time.
I think I have successfully demonstrated that words don't contain any meaning? Given that you FOUND MEANING in RANDOMLY GENERATED TEXT!

What more do you want me to say on the matter?

I am not wasting your time. I am saving it. Because a philosophical discussion on the matter will become esoteric very rapidly and it will probably not answer any questions.
WTF are you talking about? Because I clicked on a dick chopra link that I stated was as wise as a carrot, which you omitted in your quote of me?

If you are going to talk bollocks to me, trust me, you won't fare well.

This is more relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzDTu7DNCoA
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 am WTF are you talking about?
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:30 am I do apologise, it was a long day and night and morning...it actually said this:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives"

Interesting point?!?!?!? In a RANDOMLY GENERATED SENTENCE?!?!?!?!

Whatever "point" you INTERPRETED from that sentence - it's ALL your own mind's doing!
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Further reading:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... er-reviews
Soulless computer algorithms are already churning out weather bulletins, sports reports, rap lyrics and even passable Chinese poetry.

But it seems machines have now taken another step toward replacing human enterprise by generating their own reviews of serious academic journal papers that are able to impress even experienced academics.

Using automatic text generation software, computer scientists at Italy’s University of Trieste created a series of fake peer reviews of genuine journal papers and asked academics of different levels of seniority to say whether they agreed with their recommendations to accept for publication or not.
How is that for an anomaly in English, eh? :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:12 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 am WTF are you talking about?
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:30 am I do apologise, it was a long day and night and morning...it actually said this:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives"

Interesting point?!?!?!? In a RANDOMLY GENERATED SENTENCE?!?!?!?!

Whatever "point" you INTERPRETED from that sentence - it's ALL your own mind's doing!
Even if an AI created a sentence that I found MERELY 'interesting', what U gonna do> wank off for a win? dick
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am If I created that sentence, then I would agree, but you are obviously too simple to comprehend that. If an AI created a sentance that I found MERELY 'interesting', what U gonna do> wank off for a win? dick
Yeah, but you didn't know who created that sentence. And you found meaning where there was none. So what does that tell you?

I am not trying to 'win' anything. I am demonstrating to you how language works; AND how it doesn't.

It's was just a Blind experiment ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_experiment )
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:24 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am If I created that sentence, then I would agree, but you are obviously too simple to comprehend that. If an AI created a sentance that I found MERELY 'interesting', what U gonna do> wank off for a win? dick
Yeah, but you didn't know who created that sentence. And you found meaning where there was none.
So you feel there is no meaning in:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives" ?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:27 am So you feel there is no meaning in:- "We keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives" ?
I KNOW there is no meaning. Because it is RANDOMLY GENERATED.

Meaning requires intention. An intent to describe something; or an intent to say something. Humans are driven by intent.