Nothing happens in your brain.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Nothing happens in your brain.

Post by Dontaskme »

So when it come down to our individual human consciousness, we see that the brain is more like a satellite dish receiving information from the field of consciousness through the mind which then directs the brain of what signals to send into the body.

The infinite universal wifi is all around you and in you. You are IT.

Non-physical energetic communication is happening each and every moment whether you are aware of it or not.

“One persons consciousness and energy can affect the physicality, biochemistry, cellular function and conscious experience of someone else either locally in a closed proximity or even hundreds or thousands of miles away” ~Professor Gary Schwartz

This new scientific perspective is why personal change and transformation is so important. It pushes each and every one of us to make sure that our subconscious and conscious thoughts and feelings are in alignment, so that we are not broadcasting mixed messages to the universe, and to each other, but are clear and direct so that we can better and more easily manifest what we truly desire for ourselves for the greater good.

Dontaskme

Re: Nothing happens in your brain.

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Schwartz, PhD, Professor of Psychology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Medicine and Surgery.

''If you follow where our research is going in our lab and other labs, it leads us to the conclusion that we are all interconnected through our consciousness and energy; therefore, we need to become conscious of this and transform our consciousness so we can take more responsibility for the effects that we are having''.

We have moved from the belief in the universe being a great big clockwork machine, with human beings as purely physical individual machines made of physical parts, to a quantum interconnected universe full of energy and information, and where human beings radiate their emotional and mental energy and information out into the world.

Once scientists were able to detect and explore the subatomic world—the realm of energy and information fields—the world not only saw the rise of a new scientific paradigm, but it was profoundly changed across the board.

He is not alone, thinkers and scientists past and present offer the same insight.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

When you wake up in the morning and become conscious of who you are, you witness the most mysterious phenomena in the world; Human Consciousness.

No-one knows what makes a human being conscious, it is a complete mystery. The mainstream assumption is that consciousnesses comes from the brain. That somehow the activity of the brain gives us consciousness and allows us to be self aware.

However this view has been superseded now and the new science is very clear. Consciousness does not arise from the brain, it is something different, it is that non-physical part of us, a flow of energy and information that connects us to each other and the living world.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

As I see it: 'mind' is what a *brain/body of particular and peculiar complexity, interacting with the world, 'does', in the same way that legs 'do' walking.

Walking doesn't exist as an entity, it's 'action'. Mind too is 'action'.

*a irreducible whole, not discrete and separate pieces and parts
osgart

Post by osgart »

How would you even go about proving that an abstract non physical reality exists?

If you can rule out all other options, then what remains, however unlikely, must be true. That perhaps could apply here.

I would think every bit of science depends on physical detection. Something non physical has no detectability.
Thus it is the hardest inference to make.

What about dark matter, its existence is non detectable yet math and observance say it must be real.

What about non locality? It can not be explained in any physical causal sense.

What about Alzheimers , the permanent loss of memory, if consciousness is fundamental then why is not memory?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 am How would you even go about proving that an abstract non physical reality exists?

The same route as proving the prover.

Who knows the physical and can that knower be proved by some thing physcial?

osgart

Post by osgart »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:11 pm
osgart wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 am How would you even go about proving that an abstract non physical reality exists?

The same route as proving the prover.

Who knows the physical and can that knower be proved by some thing physcial?

If the knower has animating qualities ; outward expression, you can reasonably say that knower exists.

Outward expression is done in the physical realm. And knowers that are independent of my being i detect through my senses. I detect many knowers this way.

Without the physical what would we be aware of or know of in the slightest? Without the physical there is no knowing. And if you had an imagination only with nothing physical then perhaps in your imagination you could invent the physical. Or simply exist with absolute total unawareness. :shock:

Imagine having no memory capability and still existing. Every instant is its own lifetime if you could by chance grasp a moment whatsoever without a memory. What good is a non physical reality without memory, imagination and something physical to sit on?

What does exist in a non physical reality?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

osgart wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 pm
Without the physical what would we be aware of or know of in the slightest? Without the physical there is no knowing. And if you had an imagination only with nothing physical then perhaps in your imagination you could invent the physical. Or simply exist with absolute total unawareness.
That which is aware of an object is NOT the object, THE OBJECT IS EMPTY AWARENESS OBJECTIFYING ITSELF.

Awareness is imageless empty and formless...projecting itself as every imprint appearing as form and image(mirage)...upon itself.

Therefore awareness is not a physical phenomena, physical phenomena is a mirage, a perception arising in awareness inseparable from it appearing as something tangibly KNOWN in concept, but never ACTUALLY seen. Feelings and sensation are known in concept (experience) but never ACTUALLY seen directly...because experiences are appearances within empty formless awareness. There is no object having an experience, an object is the experience in awareness. Awareness is not an (experience) ..it is the (experiencing)

osgart wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 pm What good is a non physical reality without memory, imagination and something physical to sit on?
Memory, imagination and something physical are all perceptions no thing is dreaming...appearances in awareness.

No physical object is aware of itself. There is awareness of an object but that awareness is not the object, the object is being looked upon by empty awareness.. There is no object without awareness, and there is no awareness without an object to be aware of...both object and awareness are one in the same reality inseparably one and the same no thing(nondual) appearing as duality.

Both awareness and the obejct of awareness are the same ONE looking upon ITSELF. There is nothing here, but emptiness appearing full, its a trickless trick of the illusion that is the minds awareness of itself in its own imaged reflection looking back at itself.

osgart wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:45 pmWhat does exist in a non physical reality?
Reality is physically known as a concept. But a concept is not aware of itself, a concept is being awared by awareness, not by the concept itself.

In other words, no physical thing is aware of itself, a physical thing does not exist, its a mirage appearing in empty awareness, the screen on which an object is seen, believed to be real. But the only real is the awareness of the unreal...conceptually speaking, and this may sound non-sensible, which it is and is not depending on which way you look at it...it couldn't have been any other way.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Everything that you do in your life is a way to distract yourself from this empty mirage that is reality.

QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

I agree that our bodies are probably just "avatars", but using Schwartz as a source of evidence or scientific approval is a bad choice:
Schwartz's methods have prompted criticism from skeptics such as University of Oregon professor Ray Hyman, who says Professor Schwartz's research deviates from the accepted norms of scientific methodology, and criticizes Schwartz for research errors such as inappropriate statistical tests and using subjects predisposed to believe in psychic abilities. Skeptic Robert Todd Carroll maintains that Schwartz's evaluation of mediums is subjective and a product of "wishful thinking." When retired stage magician and famous skeptic James Randi asked the University of Arizona to submit Schwartz's research data to an independent panel for evaluation as part of his One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge, Schwartz declined because he thought that the panel, which he believed would be picked by Randi, would be biased.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Schw ... troversies
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:...
“One persons consciousness and energy can affect the physicality, biochemistry, cellular function and conscious experience of someone else either locally in a closed proximity or even hundreds or thousands of miles away” ~Professor Gary Schwartz

This new scientific perspective is why personal change and transformation is so important. It pushes each and every one of us to make sure that our subconscious and conscious thoughts and feelings are in alignment, so that we are not broadcasting mixed messages to the universe, and to each other, but are clear and direct so that we can better and more easily manifest what we truly desire for ourselves for the greater good.
How not to test mediums, critiquing the afterlife experiments
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:34 am
Dontaskme wrote:...

How not to test mediums, critiquing the afterlife experiments
When talking about a ''person'' which is just consciousness, it is referring to itself, ''consciousness'' itself ...not that there is a person and that the person then has its own separate consciousness that talks to other separate consciousnesses.

There is only conciousness communicating with itself.

Consciousness is neither alive or dead...it just IS...this is it ..there is no known beginning nor ending to consciousness...except to say it is right here and now..its this immediate unbounded knowing presence ..that is in essence the invisible behind the visible manifestation appearing from behind as if it is in front of itself as imaged in the form of what is seen.

Consciousness cannot be seen or be an experience by ''another consciousness'' ...it is the seeing and the experiencing, it is everything and nothing one without a second. Both seer and seen are one in the same instant, intantaneously NOW

Thoughts about afterlifes, and people, and things, and concepts such as beliefs about life and death, are all in the play of consciousness itself, the illusions of maya, the imagined realm of duality, albeit illusory appearances of consciousness itself.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Are we the manifestation of consciousness in physical form ? I say yes because I know that I exist and that others exist too
Consciousness does not speak with a single voice but every single voice of everyone who can think or speak for themselves

I know that I have a mind and free will to think whatever I want to and everyone else who has a functioning mind too
I am not an illusion created by consciousness but a real mind and body that exist in what is known as physical reality

But even though I think I am real I know this manifestation of me as mind and body is only temporary
When death occurs there will be no mind and the body will no longer be able to function as before

Consciousness shall cease to exist for me as I make the transition to non consciousness
This is the most perfect state because in it there can never be no suffering ever again

So even if this existence is an illusion it does not matter as it will come to pass
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

it may be the case that noting happens in your brain... MRI science may argue otherwise...

this does not disprove that there may be a ghost in the machine

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

We are ghosts but not in the machine. The machine is in the ghost.

Awareness of awareness, i.e. being aware that you are aware of something is what psychologists call metacognition. Its an inside job, the inside of you is simultaneously outside of you. Awareness is an inside-out phenomena.

No awareness without the instrument of recognition aka (the body mind machine) an integral aspect within this immediate direct experience of having the sense of direct actuality, of being aware you are aware.
To clarify, its not the machine/body that's aware of itself, the body is being ''looked upon'' (conceptually cognising/ re-cognising itself) by awareness first. Awareness is this inexpressible invisible visible.. the non-visible non-conceptual direct experience. To know you are aware is conceptual, aka a dream...but who and what you really are is this unknown Awareness in which the whole dream (brain/mind conceptual activity) is arising.

You are literally walking through your brain every nano second of both your waking and dreaming life..conceptually speaking within the illusory sense of self, aka awareness aware of itself.

Reality is not taking place within the confines of an assumed ''conceptual brain'' aka an (object) known to be located inside your skull.. Reality is non-localised, all encompassing embodied Awareness...The mind/body instrument is logging onto this non-local infinite universal cosmic wifi Inner-net...appearing as a local phenomena aka the sense of being a separate insideout experience, aka aware of being aware of yourself, aka self-awareness.

There is no ''separate self'' being aware of itself...its only and ever oneness being aware of itself as oneness only..which is no one and everyone. No thing and everything.. One without a second.