So the begging question is: why call reality ''God'' anyway ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

So the begging question is: why call reality ''God'' anyway ?

Post by Dontaskme »

The answer is ..

Who or what is calling that which cannot be explained,analyzed or named ...any thing at all?

Is it not all just knowledge?

That begs the question ..

Who or what knows?

What is the original source of all knowledge?

Does knowledge even have a source, or is knowledge SOURCE itself?

Then that begs the question, where is SOURCE ?

This circular reasoning leads to infinite regression that has to stop somewhere, else no one really knows what the heck they are talking about except for the belief that they do?

Averroes

Re: So the begging question is: why call reality ''God'' anyway ?

Post by Averroes »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 am What is the original source of all knowledge?.
God, the Almighty, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and anything in between, the All-Knowing is the source of all knowledge.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Averroes wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 am What is the original source of all knowledge?.
God, the Almighty, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and anything in between, the All-Knowing is the source of all knowledge.
Yeah, I agree...because that's how I'm possible.

Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 pm

That is correct. I am of the impression that you are from the Eastern Hindu tradition. May I ask you if that is correct?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Averroes wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:21 pm

That is correct. I am of the impression that you are from the Eastern Hindu tradition. May I ask you if that is correct?
Not from the Eastern Hindu tradition, but have heard and read about that.

When I awakened from the dream of separation ..the person that I once thought I was disappeared. Then in a flash all I could see was just Everything without any border or distinguishing point where I started or ended. The external world was in me, and I was in the external world. There was no separation anywhere that I could define. It was like a 2D reality, like watching a movie on a flatscreen tv, only the screen was my awareness, and the external world was the movie. I knew I didn't make myself or any of the stuff that is here, so then I thought something did make all this happen, but it wasn't me, that I was certain of. But then I had another flash of insight, what if I did make myself and everything in the world. This is where is all gets so incredibly mindboggling...

People often say how can there be God, where did God come from? and I would then wonder how can there not be God. It doesn't matter where anything comes from .It's so blaringly and blindingly oviously here anyway, It's this already. It's here right now, where else is now going to happen or be..where else is this going to come from. This is source right here and now, we are source.

To me, source once tasted knows itself as absolute infinity. The groundless ground of everything. So what does it matter whether this infinite reality that is beingness is called God or Rainbow Bright...it really doesn't matter, this is it.

It will always be just an unspeakable mysterious miracle. But nothing can deny or negate it.

To me, the fact that I'm here right now means I must have always been here, else why I am suddenly here now.. but not here in the way I think I am here, ie: as a separate individual, but as infinity itself aware it is aware, and that I am just part of the expression of this infinite energy appearing as a conscious human experience along for the ride.

Am I being dreamt, or Am I the dreamer and the dream both...who knows?

Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Because “God” denotes personality.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:06 pm It will always be just an unspeakable mysterious miracle. But nothing can deny or negate it.

To me, the fact that I'm here right now means I must have always been here, else why I am suddenly here now.. but not here in the way I think I am here, ie: as a separate individual, but as infinity itself aware it is aware, and that I am just part of the expression of this infinite energy appearing as a conscious human experience along for the ride.

Am I being dreamt, or Am I the dreamer and the dream both...who knows?
It may be a mysterious miracle to you but it is a common thing to many and loads of research have been done in that sort of thing.

That is called an altered state of consciousness, i.e.
An altered state of consciousness (ASC),[1] also called altered state of mind or mind alteration, is any condition which is significantly different from a normal waking state.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_s ... sciousness
Note the term 'significantly' and ASC exclude the common dreaming state.

ASC has been documented to be around since 30,000 years ago,
ASCs might have been employed by humans as early as 30,000 years ago.[10]
Fields of application were mainly religion and spirituality.
Mind-altering plants and/ or excessive dancing were used in order to attain an ecstatic or mystic state.[13]
Examples of early religious use are the rites of Dionysos and the Eluisian Mysteries,[14] as well as Yoga and Meditation.[10]

To the recent day, followers of various shamanic traditions "enter altered states of consciousness in order to serve their community".[14]

One rather speculative theory by McKenna suggests that the use of psychedelic mushrooms in prehistoric times has led to the "evolution of human language and symbol use".[15]

Furthermore, some theorists argue that mind-altering substances might have pushed the formation of some of the world’s main religions (See also: Soma).[14] The book Altering Consciousness (Etzel Cardeña, Michael Winkelman) summarizes multiple of these therories.

Meditation in its various forms is being rediscovered by modern psychology because of its therapeutic potential and its ability to "enable the activity of the mind to settle down".[16] In Psychotherapy techniques like hypnosis, meditation, support psychological processes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_s ... on_of_ASCs
If your ASC is not the above, it could have arise from pathological causes or others.

ASC can arise from the following methods or events;

Induction methods
4.1 Pharmacological
4.2 Non-pharmacological
4.3 Pathologies/other
  • 4.3.1 Traumatic experience
    4.3.2 Epilepsy
    4.3.3 Oxygen deficiency
    4.3.4 Infections
    4.3.5 Sleep deprivation
    4.3.6 Fasting
    4.3.7 Psychosis
Your sort of encounter is reduced self-awareness, i.e.
Reviewing the previous conditions for accidental and pathological causes, we can come to understand that all of these accidental or pathological causes share the component of reduced self-awareness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_s ... #Psychosis
If you accept that encounter of altered state of consciousness as merely a brain activity due to various changes in the brain, there is no issue.

But they way you go about it, proclaiming there is no me, no mind, absolute infinity, god, oneness, etc. is you are chasing an illusion, a lie and is delusional.

I suggest you do more research on ASC and ensure your ASC is not due to some brain defects or depersonalization.
Depersonalization can consist of a detachment within the self, regarding one's mind or body, or being a detached observer of oneself.[1]
Subjects feel they have changed and that the world has become vague, dreamlike, less real, or lacking in significance. It can be a disturbing experience.
Chronic depersonalization refers to depersonalization-derealization disorder, which is classified by the DSM-5 as a dissociative disorder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 am
It may be a mysterious miracle to you but it is a common thing to many and loads of research have been done in that sort of thing.
Okay if you say so, so in your own words, without resorting to knowledge and endless links to dogmatic scientific reasoning and research which in my opinion is based purely on concepts, belief, and faith anyway.

In your own words, keep it simple, and answer honestly....why do you say [God is an Impossibilty?]

If you are going to bombard me with loads of secondary knowledge, and facts from endless vaults of other peoples knowledge, then I'm not playing that game, I do not want to play the game of having to read through reams and reams of endless words..when we can just as easily get straight to the point.

I want to hear from your ''own direct experience'', in your own words...is that too much to ask?

Try to keep it simple that a child can understand you, please refrain from bamboozling the reader.

So then, lets start with 2 questions, please refrain from going off on a tangent, please stick to the two main questions until they have been properly assimilated by each of us...please keep it simple, if you don't then I will get lost in a whirlpool of fog and will be unable to see the clarity of what you are trying to communicate.

Question 1 - ''how'' do you know for certain that [God is an Impossibilty?]

Question 2 - ''who'' is it that you think or believe knows [God is an Impossibilty?]

Ramu

Post by Ramu »

VA you keep saying brains are needed. Why do we need appearances to explain other appearances? Brains are not needed....Source manifests directly.

Obviously you are a materialist at heart. Its too bad children just get automatically brainwashed with this paradigm that quantum mechanics has actually debunked.

You will never "get it" if you can't escape this paradigm because its so SEVERELY limited.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Reality is a lot stranger than we understand it to be and this fact has to be accepted without question
So we should not the mistake in thinking that we can understand it for it is simply too complex for us
Atla

Post by Atla »

When we are dismantling the dualistic thinking, there will almost inevitably come a stage where we fall into an infinite regression (one of the last problems caused by dualistic thinking). Apparently some pseudo-nondualists never get out of that stage.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dualistic thinking exists because human beings like to separate things in order to understand them more
This is entirely understandable so long as they remember that reality is really a single state of existence
Everything is directly or indirectly connected to everything else there is no such thing as true separation
Veritas Aequitas

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:19 am
Okay if you say so, so in your own words, without resorting to knowledge and endless links to dogmatic scientific reasoning and research which in my opinion is based purely on concepts, belief, and faith anyway.

In your own words, keep it simple, and answer honestly....why do you say [God is an Impossibilty?]

If you are going to bombard me with loads of secondary knowledge, and facts from endless vaults of other peoples knowledge, then I'm not playing that game, I do not want to play the game of having to read through reams and reams of endless words..when we can just as easily get straight to the point.

I want to hear from your ''own direct experience'', in your own words...is that too much to ask?

Try to keep it simple that a child can understand you, please refrain from bamboozling the reader.
Btw, I have had some 'spiritual experiences' i.e. altered states of consciousness [not as extreme as Jill Bolte's] and I thought I was special [belonging to the elite group]. Whilst is "something" positive to experience, I was told by many 'teachers' and confirm by extensive reading not to give any special attention to such experiences.

Further reading of such of my own experience and that of others, I learned they are basically neural activities triggered upon by various circumstances. I have made it a point to read whatever I can access to understand the topic deeply and I have done that and is continuing to do so.
If you don't bother to read up, you have to count yourself as ignorant on this subject.

So then, lets start with 2 questions, please refrain from going off on a tangent, please stick to the two main questions until they have been properly assimilated by each of us...please keep it simple, if you don't then I will get lost in a whirlpool of fog and will be unable to see the clarity of what you are trying to communicate.

Question 1 - ''how'' do you know for certain that [God is an Impossibilty?]
Philosophically there is no absolute certainty.

However I have proved based on reason [supported with empirical] in the following argument why God is an impossibility to be real. It is similar to understanding a square-circle at the same time and sense is an impossibility to be real, 1 + 1 = 27 is not true in the mathematical sense.

God is an Impossibility
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24704
Question 2 - ''who'' is it that you think or believe knows [God is an Impossibility?]
I am aware the above question will lead to the Metaphysical Perspective, i.e. Philosophy of Metaphysics which will result in illusory entities.
This is why I have proven why 'God is an Impossibility to be Real.'

In this sense, the metaphysics understanding of the 'who' or the self will lead and reinforces personal selfishness.

As I have stated before there are many layers and perspective to the 'who' i.e. the self or person who "knows."

To understand that "who" we need to discuss 'it' within the following main perspectives [nb: there are many others] which I have listed before;
  • 1. Common sense
    2. Scientific
    3. Epistemological -philosophy
    4. Metaphysical -philosophy

DAM: 'Who' believes 'God is an Impossibility'?

Any 'who' within perspective 1-3 can believe 'God is an Impossibility'.
But there is no real 'who' in the metaphysical perspective [yours] to believe that point.

In the common sense perspective 'who' is the other human person who has the normal qualities of a human being. Who [grammar] in the linguistic perspective can refer to a living or dead person.

From the scientific perspective there is the Science of Who, i.e. the physical person [anatomy] and mental person [psychology].

From the philosophy perspective we have the epistemology of the Self, person, the-who, the ego and the Metaphysics of the Self [the self beyond the perspective o f 1-3 above].
Epistemology of the Self is based on "knowledge" [Justified True Beliefs -JTB].

The Metaphysics of the Self is beyond "knowledge" {JTB} and I have argued it is an illusion in terms of the soul that survives physical death and other extreme ideas of the self.

To understand the above points thoroughly one has no choice but to dig as deep as possible to understand [not necessary agree with] the issues.

It is very typical when one need to the knowledge and understanding to cover as many fields of the topic as possible. You will note this is the common approach in most wiki articles, e.g. this on the who as the self.
The self is an individual person as the object of his or her own reflective consciousness.

This reference is necessarily subjective, thus self is a reference by a subject to the same subject.

The sense of having a self – or self-hood – should, however, not be confused with subjectivity itself.[1]

Ostensibly, there is a directedness outward from the subject that refers inward, back to its "self" (or itself). Examples of psychiatric conditions where such 'sameness' is broken include depersonalization, which sometimes occur in schizophrenia: the self appears different to the subject.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self
There is no escape from reading as much and as deep as possible if you need to equip yourself with knowledge and understanding to back whatever experiences you encounter. I myself have read many 1000s of books and articles.
Veritas Aequitas

Ramu wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:54 pm VA you keep saying brains are needed. Why do we need appearances to explain other appearances? Brains are not needed....Source manifests directly.

Obviously you are a materialist at heart. Its too bad children just get automatically brainwashed with this paradigm that quantum mechanics has actually debunked.

You will never "get it" if you can't escape this paradigm because its so SEVERELY limited.
I am not a materialist.
I believe matter is a resultant from an interdependent interaction with the human conditions [i.e. physical and mental].

Where did I state 'we need appearances to explain other appearances?'
Appearances are merely a small element of the brain/mind.

There is no escape on "what is" without reference to your brain/mind and the collective mind of humans.

Note whatever you conclude above is reducible to your brain/mind which perceives perceptions & appearance.
Your brain/mind does more than that, it intellectualizes, reasons, reflects, and does other mental activities which including deceiving the mental self.

One such deception is the how theists are deceived to believe 'God is Real' [metaphysics] which is a psychological necessity for the majority to stabilize their psychological states.

When you try to transcend the brain/mind into metaphysics then you are engaging in illusions and the father of all illusions is "God is Real."
The real reason why the majority are compelled to believe "God is Real" is due to psychological desperation, which to the extreme [not you] a theist will kill others who critique his/her theistic beliefs.

Note that 'get it' in this discussion is which you think is real is actually a deception by your brain/mind. That which you 'get it' is an illusion, i.e. fake thought like thinking the rope is a snake.

I have demonstrated this deception many times in here.

In the above, your brain/mind has deceived you to see the image of the face in the right as a normal face.
This is similar how your brain/mind is deceiving you to think there is a real God.

To prove how your brain/mind has deceived you see click this link for the Real thing.
https://keepinitrealevanston.files.word ... usiona.jpg

As such what is critical in the above exercise is to understand how your mind has deceived you in term of the above demo and to think God is real when in fact it is a transcendental illusion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:36 pm When we are dismantling the dualistic thinking, there will almost inevitably come a stage where we fall into an infinite regression (one of the last problems caused by dualistic thinking). Apparently some pseudo-nondualists never get out of that stage.

I agree, but I'm just playing a game like everyone else.

It's entertainment for my pleasure only, I mean what else is there to do around here.

Are we not entertained?

:lol: