Meaning of 'Islam'?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Age » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:31 am
Age wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:11 pm
You are so blinded by the distorted beliefs that your have already gained that you can not even see the truth in what I write.

If you keep having those APE beliefs, then you will keep having those totally distorted human views of truth and reality.
Note I put 'Anon' to represent a general misconception [which is very common] not specific to you.
Who cares?

Show what the alleged and supposed general misconception is meant to be.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:31 am
Show what I have presented above is distorted and is different from what is in the Quran, i.e. which the words direct from God.
Once again you say "i.e. which the words direct from God", yet, you also believe that there is no possibility of a God. How can there be words from a thing that you, yourself say, does not even exist? Either God exists, and says words, or God does NOT exist, which one is it going to be, from your perception? You can not keep saying both, as they both are right, without looking very stupid.

What is distorted are your countless beliefs and views. But what is distorted in what you presented above is;
1. The word 'islam' does not have an actually meaning. Like all words in existence the meaning behind then comes from a personal interpretation.
2. That the ideology of islam IS inherently evil. You actually believe that if any other human being does not agree with your interpretation of 'islam', then those people are ignorant or are intending to deceive.
3. I said, "I have heard ..." And you say that that is wrong. How can it be wrong? I only stated what I have heard. I NEVER stated anywhere that it is right (or wrong). Your own beliefs blind you to this very fact, even though I pointed that out to you already. You still are under the spell of your own distorted beliefs and views, which are misguiding you further and further away from truth and reality.
4. I also looked up the word 'islam' and the one reference, of countless references in the world, that i looked at roughly said that the word 'islam', which comes from or is related to 'salam', which means peace.
5. Your conclusion that "Thus 'muslim' do not literally, means follower of peace" does NOT in any way, shape, nor form, follower on from the premise that 'islam' does not literally mean peace.
6. Your next line, however, is written perfectly correct when you wrote "as I have read it". Now this is about the only solitary bit of truth, I see in your writings.
7. The rest of what you wrote, which you got from a copy and paste wikipedia post, infers that the word 'islam' is a derivative from S-L-M and roughly related to 'salam', which generally means peace. Yet you STILL insist that the ideology of islam is inherently evil. Did you notice that all the words you used as a range of meanings are peaceful or tenderly like words. I can NOT see one word in there that even has a slight towards away gentle and loving and towards bad and evil. You insistant perception that islam is bad and evil is bases solely on your assumptions which are based solely on your past experiential upbringing, thus APE gained views.
8. A) OBVIOUSLY, the concept of 'peace' is in the positive mode. Is it even possible that 'peace' could even be looked at or seen in a negative mode?
B) OBVIOUSLY, the concept of 'peace', in the quran, is directed only at 'muslims', which are who the followers of peace are. If 'muslims' are the followers of peace, then that in itself defines 'non-muslims' as people not following peace.

Which leads back to my insistence that it is very quick, simple, and easy, to kill those who are not followers of peace without ever hurting, harming, nor obviously killing one single human being.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6071
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 am

HexHammer wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:29 pm
Soon, very soon religion will be undone!
I would hope you're right. Religion is a human construct.

But truth cannot be "undone."

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 am

HexHammer wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:47 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:03 am
I suggest you read the Quran thoroughly to understand that one of its core ethos or pathos is very evil.
I believe that i earlier wrote that the quran was the word of the devil, I know very well it's pure evil, a wolf disguised in sheep's clothing.
Then you should not blame Western foreign policy as the PRIMARY reason for all the terrible evils and violence involving Muslims' [critical some] around the world.

This is because the commands of the 'devil' [your view] is more powerful than any Western political leaders.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am

Age wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:22 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:31 am
Show what I have presented above is distorted and is different from what is in the Quran, i.e. which the words direct from God.
Once again you say "i.e. which the words direct from God", yet, you also believe that there is no possibility of a God. How can there be words from a thing that you, yourself say, does not even exist? Either God exists, and says words, or God does NOT exist, which one is it going to be, from your perception? You can not keep saying both, as they both are right, without looking very stupid.
You are conflating here.

Yes, I claim God is an impossibility.

But theists claim God exists and is real.
When I stated "i.e. which the words direct from God" I am referring to what the theists are claiming.

This is so basic.
I am surprised you could be confused with the above.
What is distorted are your countless beliefs and views. But what is distorted in what you presented above is;
1. The word 'islam' does not have an actually meaning. Like all words in existence the meaning behind then comes from a personal interpretation.
In the case of the word 'Islam' the meaning is within the context of the Quran, i.e. the words directly delivered by God [as claimed by Muslims not me].
In this case, the meaning of 'Islam' should and must be based on the intention of Allah from Allah's own words in the Quran and not from the personal interpretation of Muslims.
2. That the ideology of islam IS inherently evil. You actually believe that if any other human being does not agree with your interpretation of 'islam', then those people are ignorant or are intending to deceive.
What I am claiming is based on the message in the 6236 verses of the Quran.
I have already given some examples but there are hundreds and thousands of evil laden verses of various degrees in the Quran.
I have already provided some links [need refinements] to support my point.

E.g. As I had suggested you need to read the Quran to confirm the above claims are true.
3. I said, "I have heard ..." And you say that that is wrong. How can it be wrong? I only stated what I have heard. I NEVER stated anywhere that it is right (or wrong). Your own beliefs blind you to this very fact, even though I pointed that out to you already. You still are under the spell of your own distorted beliefs and views, which are misguiding you further and further away from truth and reality.
You got confused again.

That you did hear did happen, I am not disputing that.
I stated what you have heard, i.e. 'Islam is a Religion of Peace' and implied as peaceful to non-Muslims is misleading. That point is wrong in relation to the inherent pathos of the religions as represented in the holy book[s].
4. I also looked up the word 'islam' and the one reference, of countless references in the world, that i looked at roughly said that the word 'islam', which comes from or is related to 'salam', which means peace.
Firstly you should not insist that is the only meaning attributed to the word 'Islam'.
To be balanced and very essentially you should have brought in the other more relevant meaning, i.e. 'Islam' in the religious sense means submission or surrender.
5. Your conclusion that "Thus 'muslim' do not literally, means follower of peace" does NOT in any way, shape, nor form, follower on from the premise that 'islam' does not literally mean peace.
Note, etymology can be very loose and in most cases we need to qualify and understand the current contexts of the words and its respective meaning.

I am fully aware it is very common for Muslims and their apologists to claim 'Islam = Religion of Peace' but I am expressing my view very strongly that this is misleading and very dangerous as such a view will cover up its inherent evilness.
6. Your next line, however, is written perfectly correct when you wrote "as I have read it". Now this is about the only solitary bit of truth, I see in your writings.
7. The rest of what you wrote, which you got from a copy and paste wikipedia post, infers that the word 'islam' is a derivative from S-L-M and roughly related to 'salam', which generally means peace. Yet you STILL insist that the ideology of islam is inherently evil. Did you notice that all the words you used as a range of meanings are peaceful or tenderly like words. I can NOT see one word in there that even has a slight towards away gentle and loving and towards bad and evil. You insistant perception that islam is bad and evil is bases solely on your assumptions which are based solely on your past experiential upbringing, thus APE gained views.
Note Wiki as progressed to the present is reasonably reliable as it is but obviously still need confirmation from the more reliable resources.

Did you read the following, note;
Islam (Arabic: إسلام‎, IPA: [alʔɪsˈlaːm] (About this sound listen)) is a verbal noun originating from the triliteral root S-L-M which forms a large class of words mostly relating to concepts of wholeness, submission, safeness, and peace.[44]

In a religious context it means "voluntary submission to God".[45][46]
Islām is the verbal noun of Form IV of the root, and means "submission" or "surrender".

Muslim, the word for an adherent of Islam, is the active participle of the same verb form, and means "submitter" or "one who surrenders".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam
Read the above again.

That Islam is inherent evil is not based on my assumption.
I inferred that conclusion, i.e. Islam is inherently, from evidence within the hundreds and thousands of verse from the Quran itself.
Note I have already given you links as a clue.
You need to read the Quran thoroughly to confirm my claim or prove me wrong with your arguments and evidence.

8. A) OBVIOUSLY, the concept of 'peace' is in the positive mode. Is it even possible that 'peace' could even be looked at or seen in a negative mode?
B) OBVIOUSLY, the concept of 'peace', in the quran, is directed only at 'muslims', which are who the followers of peace are. If 'muslims' are the followers of peace, then that in itself defines 'non-muslims' as people not following peace.
Note in the current contexts, the use of the statement 'Islam is a Religion of Peace' as used by Muslim and non-Muslim leaders plus ordinary Muslims and their apologists is in the context of countering the evil and violence committed by Islamic terrorists.

The claim is, the Islamic terrorists are committing evil and violence on non-Muslims & others is not because they following true Islamic doctrines since 'Islam is a religion of peace.'
The political leaders insist Islam is peaceful towards non-believers.
This is the current context of the term 'peace' in relation of the religion of Islam.

But the fact as reflected in the Quran and Islam is the religion is inherently not peaceful to non-believers at all.
Muslims as commanded in the Quran cannot be peaceful with non-Muslims.

The term 'peace' [salam] that is mentioned in the Quran is only applicable to Muslims.
As I had linked, Muslims cannot even wish 'peace' [As-salāmu ʿalaykum - Peace upon you] to non-Muslims.
Which leads back to my insistence that it is very quick, simple, and easy, to kill those who are not followers of peace without ever hurting, harming, nor obviously killing one single human being.
I agree to the above but I am not sure what you are driving at?
My point is TROP ['The Religion of Peace] is inherently evil as reflected in its pathos within its immutable holy texts.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3237
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 am
But truth cannot be "undone."
LOL? Uhmm, ever heard about propaganda, spin and marketing?

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3237
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 pm

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 am
Then you should not blame Western foreign policy as the PRIMARY reason for all the terrible evils and violence involving Muslims' [critical some] around the world.

This is because the commands of the 'devil' [your view] is more powerful than any Western political leaders.
Heard about "False Flags"?

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6071
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:26 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 am
But truth cannot be "undone."
LOL? Uhmm, ever heard about propaganda, spin and marketing?
They don't "undo" truth.

That's just the thing about lies: sooner or later, they all fail. There is a price to be paid for departing from truth, and that price comes due eventually, every time.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3237
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:28 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 pm
They don't "undo" truth.

That's just the thing about lies: sooner or later, they all fail. There is a price to be paid for departing from truth, and that price comes due eventually, every time.
Then you are delusional and hapless naive.

What you say that we would have 100% solved criminal cases, when it's more like 10-20%, you are utterly stupid!

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6071
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:28 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:14 pm
They don't "undo" truth.

That's just the thing about lies: sooner or later, they all fail. There is a price to be paid for departing from truth, and that price comes due eventually, every time.
What you say that we would have 100% solved criminal cases,
Don't worry. They will be solved. Just not by human agency. There will be an accounting; of that you can be sure.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3237
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 pm
Don't worry. They will be solved. Just not by human agency. There will be an accounting; of that you can be sure.
Sorry I need to put you on ignore, you are too stupid!

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6071
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Immanuel Can » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 pm
Don't worry. They will be solved. Just not by human agency. There will be an accounting; of that you can be sure.
Sorry I need to put you on ignore, you are too stupid!
Well, we'll see who's right.

Before that happens, we'd all best do something about it. Because judgment doesn't just come against big crimes; it comes against all of them.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 pm
HexHammer wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 pm
Don't worry. They will be solved. Just not by human agency. There will be an accounting; of that you can be sure.
Sorry I need to put you on ignore, you are too stupid!
Well, we'll see who's right.

Before that happens, we'd all best do something about it. Because judgment doesn't just come against big crimes; it comes against all of them.
There must be some forces within your brain that compel you to 'to do something about it."
From the above it is obvious there is a sense of fear in your in desperately wanting to do something about it.

You cannot assume ALL are in the same shoes and desperation like you.

The belief in God is due to a psychological compulsion that compels one to cling to the idea of a God to gain relief to the Angst of an inherent existential crisis.

In general, the path of theism [very effective] is a double-edged blade which contribute to the terrible evils and violence committed by SOME evil prone believers who are compelled by the evil laden command in their theistic doctrines [nb. OP].

The morally effective solution for any human is to understand the underlying processes that compels one to a belief in God and find fool proof methods to relieve that fundamental Angst.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 6071
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:02 pm

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 am
The belief in God is due to a psychological compulsion...
Such a dull and often-refuted allegation. It's not worth my time any longer.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:20 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:02 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:18 am
The belief in God is due to a psychological compulsion...
Such a dull and often-refuted allegation. It's not worth my time any longer.
It is so obvious the whole shebang with theism is associated with what is going inside the brain and mind, i.e. the soteriological elements, faith, fear and the desperation for salvation and at the extreme SOME theists will even kill anyone to defend their beliefs.

I can understand why you are not seeing the 500 pound gorilla in the room on this issue. In your state I am not expecting you to see this truth because to accept it will activate terrible psychological existential anxieties.
But the truth will always prevails, it is a matter of time.

Age
Posts: 2755
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Meaning of 'Islam'?

Post by Age » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:14 pm

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
Age wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:22 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:31 am
Show what I have presented above is distorted and is different from what is in the Quran, i.e. which the words direct from God.
Once again you say "i.e. which the words direct from God", yet, you also believe that there is no possibility of a God. How can there be words from a thing that you, yourself say, does not even exist? Either God exists, and says words, or God does NOT exist, which one is it going to be, from your perception? You can not keep saying both, as they both are right, without looking very stupid.
You are conflating here.
So what if i am?

Conflating is not necessary a negative nor evil thing in and of itself. Or do you believe it is?

If there is some thing false, wrong, incorrect, inaccurate, unsound, or invalid in what I have said, then just point that out. To accuse some one of "conflating" does not really say much at all.

Also, if to you there is some thing with conflating, then just point that out also, and show where and why it is wrong with what I have said.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
Yes, I claim God is an impossibility.

But theists claim God exists and is real.
Obviously AND so what? Who cares what either of you claim. The truth is only what is important here.

Did you actually believe that you needed to point out that "theists claim God exists and is real" to others, especially in a philosophy forum? What do you think others think the word 'theists' entails?

You may be right in pointing out your claims once more because not all others know what you claim, but to point out what theists claim is taking up a lot of reading time.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
When I stated "i.e. which the words direct from God" I am referring to what the theists are claiming.

This is so basic.
I am surprised you could be confused with the above.
I NEVER was confused about with the above. Your interpretation lead you to believe that it was I that was confused.

After all this, so what what theists claim? You do NOT believe for one second what theists claim about God anyway, so why write what theists claim as though it could be somehow correct?

What was your point of doing that?

You, wholeheartedly, believe that God is an impossibility, so, to you, there NEVER could be any words from an impossible thing. Full stop.

What is of the upmost importance are your words, as they are what is absolutely true, right, and correct, to you, right? What other people claim is of absolutely no importance here. Your claim that the ideology of islam is inherently evil is the only thing that is important in this thread.

From your perspective, no matter what is said and written anywhere in this world those word could only have possibly come from human beings only. End of story okay?

Once we have gotten to that truth, and get past that, then we can look further and deeper into whether the words in the quran were written with evil intent or not.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
What is distorted are your countless beliefs and views. But what is distorted in what you presented above is;
1. The word 'islam' does not have an actually meaning. Like all words in existence the meaning behind then comes from a personal interpretation.
In the case of the word 'Islam' the meaning is within the context of the Quran, i.e. the words directly delivered by God [as claimed by Muslims not me].
Do you believe all the words of muslims?
If not, then seriously you will have to stop quoting what muslims say, as though what muslims say is THE truth.

If you want to look at what is written in the quran with me, then stop saying that what is written in the quran are the words directly delivered by God. You do not believe that is any way possible, so stop saying it.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
In this case, the meaning of 'Islam' should and must be based on the intention of Allah from Allah's own words in the Quran and not from the personal interpretation of Muslims.
How in hell can any person look for the meaning based on the intention of Allah, especially if to you there is no possibility of an Allah?

Are you aware that the meaning behind absolutely any thing is relative to the one doing the observing? In other words the meaning based on the intention of any word is only ever really known by the one writing or saying it. Therefore, unless you are Allah or the actual person who wrote the original quran, then absolutely any thing else is just an INTERPRETATION. What you, or any muslim, says about what the actual original meaning and intention was behind any word in the quran is just a PERSONAL INTERPRETATION.

To reiterate, YOU DO NOT KNOW.

AND, just because YOU have an INTERPRETATION that in of itself does NOT make THAT interpretation correct.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
2. That the ideology of islam IS inherently evil. You actually believe that if any other human being does not agree with your interpretation of 'islam', then those people are ignorant or are intending to deceive.
What I am claiming is based on the message in the 6236 verses of the Quran.
Again, and I do not know how many more times I will have to say this to you, what you are claiming is NOT based on the message in the 6236 verses of the quran. THE truth IS what you are claiming is based on YOUR INTERPRETATION on the message in the 6236 verses of the quran.

Can you SPOT the difference NOW?
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
I have already given some examples but there are hundreds and thousands of evil laden verses of various degrees in the Quran.
I do NOT see any evil laden verses nor any inherently evil intent within any thing in the quran. But, again, that is because you and I observe things very differently. In other words you interpret things differently than I do. And let me guess what you are thinking now. Your interpretations are absolutely, true, right, correct while mine are just plain wrong? Am I right?

You say that you can see, and know, what the intent is behind other peoples words and message. And, that what you see and know is absolutely true, correct, and right.

I, however, am different. I just express what I observe.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
I have already provided some links [need refinements] to support my point.
What exactly needs refinements? If you do not show what needs refinements, then would you like us to just make assumptions about what it is that you are seeing? And of which I obviously do NOT see.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
E.g. As I had suggested you need to read the Quran to confirm the above claims are true.
What claims?

There is NO claim of anything there. There is, however, an obviously already biased INTERPRETATION being presented.

You are just like every other adult human being, at the moment, which is professing that you KNOW, and are expressing, THE TRUTH. Where in fact the truth is the only thing you and them are showing is your already held beliefs on things, most of which are very distorted and biased. The obviousness of how you are only looking for, seeing, and now trying to express that, what conforms to your already gained beliefs is startling clear. You are only looking for, and seeing, what confirms your already biased views.

Your bias confirmation is here for all to see, and study.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
3. I said, "I have heard ..." And you say that that is wrong. How can it be wrong? I only stated what I have heard. I NEVER stated anywhere that it is right (or wrong). Your own beliefs blind you to this very fact, even though I pointed that out to you already. You still are under the spell of your own distorted beliefs and views, which are misguiding you further and further away from truth and reality.
You got confused again.

That you did hear did happen, I am not disputing that.
I stated what you have heard, i.e. 'Islam is a Religion of Peace' and implied as peaceful to non-Muslims is misleading.
But I NEVER said that I have heard that 'islam is a religion of peace'. I said that I have heard that the word 'islam', literally, means peace. Nothing more and nothing less.

Are you absolutely 100% sure that it is I that is confused?

I actually went on to confess that I 'now' looked up the word 'islam' and that the one of countless definitions for the word 'islam' that I 'now' saw, was that the word 'islam' was related to or came from the word 'salam', which is a word that means peace. As far as I can gain from your writings you more or less read the same piece and agreed with that also, correct?

As I suggest earlier on a 'religion' of peace is for EVERY one, and not just some. But that would have gone right on passed you. The reason for this is startling clear also. Having distorted beliefs tend to do that to people. But anyway, obviously the followers of peace, or the followers of a "religion" of peace, would NOT do any thing to harm, hurt, injure, offend, nor any other as seen as a negative word, towards a non-follower of peace. The followers of peace, by definition, would and WILL do all they can to help, support, encourage, comfort, and any thing else that is seen as being in the positive side of the spectrum to guide a non-peaceful person to bring them towards being a loving and peaceful person.

The obviousness of this should NOT NEED to be stated. But now it has been. By the way the word 'non-muslim' means a person who is not following/submitting to peace. In other words a 'non-muslim', by definition, is an angry, aggressive, and violent person. Just because a person might say they are a muslim and they carry out any non-peaceful behavior, then OBVIOUSLY they are NOT a follower of peace. Also just because a person might yell out some words, which are written in the quran or any other book, when they are carrying out a violent act then that in no way whatsoever could even imply that they were being peaceful, following, nor submitting to peace.

To 'submit to peace', or submit to a leader of peace God/Allah/Whoever, literally would mean NOT doing any thing other than what is truly peaceful.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:34 am
That point is wrong in relation to the inherent pathos of the religions as represented in the holy book[s].
Once again, that "inherent pathos of the religions as represented in the holy book[s]" IS solely depended upon the one who is looking at the book[s], and their INTERPRETATION of what is in the book[s]. If a person has been swayed one way or another BEFORE they look at any thing, then obviously they are going to have a BIASED INTERPRETATION of what they are looking at or into.

When will that sink in?

I will say it again, what is right or wrong in relation to the inherent pathos of ANY religions as "represented" in the holy or any book[s] IS solely dependent upon the one looking or observing.

Your use of the word 'represented' IS confusing the issue for you because you are making the claim that what is being 'represented' is the whole and only truth. When all along it is YOUR INTERPRETATION that is forming and making up what is supposedly and allegedly being REPRESENTED.

If and when the original speaker/writer can be asked for clarification, then that is when the ONLY true representation can be given. Everything is just an interpretation. And, to believe that one has the true and thorough interpretation and representation of another is a very distorted view of what is actually true. Also, the more a book has been interpreted and/or changed, then the further from the intention within the book can and on all accounts does get.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests