Missing Thread

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: "Real truth to real power, in real time."

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:31 pm What power?

As I say: outside of PN and its forum, the owner and proxies aren't jack shit.

There's no real power to speak real truth to.

As for the 'facts': again, the owner, the proxies can do what they like 'here' (and that's limited to deletin' posts and bannin' posters [big whup]).

c'mon, folks, let's not make all this more than it is.
When you are here, outside of here is an imaginative inference subject to the foibles of memory.
Walker

Re: Missing Thread

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 pm Where is the thread named something like Transitory Nightmare: 143 words?
There's a good chance that conditions are favourable for reposting your topic in the proper sub-forum. I didn't read your thread that I recall, so I don't have any suggestions about which category that would be.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You mean they could be even more up themselves? :shock:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hey buddy! It's us against them.

:lol:

Now, that's in the nature of real power.
commonsense

AMod, please read this

Post by commonsense »

First of all, I believe you rightly control the Forum as you see fit, including whether or not to release the reason for a deletion.

I believe it is also within your purview to reconsider your decisions, on appeal. Please reinstate the OP per se, either with or without all of the replies, only some of the replies or none of them, under General Philosophical Discussion.

The placement of the OP under General Philosophical Discussion seems more appropriate to me.

The OP seemed to be saying, “In 143 words or less, what would be your final and most important message to the Philosophy Forum’s members and guests?”

The interpretation of the OP could lead to a variety of interesting replies, along with interesting defenses for those claims.

Although there are some who would go off topic, even uncivily, I, for one, am easily able to ignore those posts.

In my case, I am most interested in promoting the value of humor in everyday human life.

I would surely like the opportunity to post my reply, as well as to read other replies.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
AMod

Post by AMod »

Sorry but I didn't delete this OP but if it has been then it is not recoverable.

What section was it in?

AMod.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

AMod wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:07 am Sorry but I didn't delete this OP but if it has been then it is not recoverable.

What section was it in?

AMod.
I think it was in General Philosophical Discussion or perhaps the Lounge. It may have been started by Timeseeker, but I am unsure of that.

Is it possible for someone other than a moderator to delete a thread?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

commonsense wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am
AMod wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:07 am Sorry but I didn't delete this OP but if it has been then it is not recoverable.

What section was it in?

AMod.
I think it was in General Philosophical Discussion or perhaps the Lounge. It may have been started by Timeseeker, but I am unsure of that.

Is it possible for someone other than a moderator to delete a thread?
Admins can remove them.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
AMod

Post by AMod »

And the original poster if no one has replied.

I can't see anything in the logs so maybe Administration did it.

AMod
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Thank you, Phil & AMod, for the info and for checking the log. I suppose I could’ve replied to the thread sooner.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

I can remove threads, and sometimes have. I'm pretty sure I didn't delete that one, though. If I had, that action would probably show up anyway in the log that AMod consulted. (At least, I think it would - not 100% certain about that).

Like AMod says, there will probably be a new moderator/ass-kicker joining us soon. Can't tell you more until its certain. :)
henry quirk

Since the ass-kicker is probably gonna ban me...

Post by henry quirk »

...let me say now: it's been (sometimes) fun, folks.

Hope it continues to be till I go *poof!*.
AMod

Post by AMod »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:36 pm You mean they could be even more up themselves? :shock:
:lol:

If I was you'd have been banned long-ago.
Walker

Re: Since the ass-kicker is probably gonna ban me...

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:15 am ...let me say now: it's been (sometimes) fun, folks.

Hope it continues to be till I go *poof!*.
When you're skating on thin ice you may as well dance.
henry quirk

"may as well dance"

Post by henry quirk »

Indeed.

The threat seems to be: a bad ass mod is comin'...if you aren't 'philosophical' then you'll get *poofed!* by the bad ass.

Me: I'm not particularly 'philosophical' so I imagine my ass is grass in this place.

So: I may as well dance as I always have.