Do Not Blame Muslims!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

QuantumT

Re: Do Not Blame Muslims!

Post by QuantumT »

Let's use the scientific approach, and determine the historic and current evil of Abrahamic religions.

Judaism

Supporting violence: Yes
Violence used historically: from 3.500 BC to 100 AD
Violence today: No

Christianity

Supporting violence: No
Violence used historically: 11th to 17th century

Islam

Violence used historically: Throughout
Violence today: Yes

Conclussion: Islam is currently the most violent religion, and there seems no hope that it will stop for many centuries.

Note:
The type of violence refered to, is that which is commited "in the name of God/Allah/Elohim~Yahweh" or due to instructions from scriptures.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

In my neck of the woods, great many Christians are convinced that the USA invading other countries (which requires lots of violence) is a very Christian thing to do.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Also American Christians visiting Israel and openly praying for Armageddon to happen
so that they can be witness to the End Times as prophesised in the Book of Revelation
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Kayla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 pm In my neck of the woods, great many Christians are convinced that the USA invading other countries (which requires lots of violence) is a very Christian thing to do.
Well it makes a lot of sense, since religion practicly asks you not to think!

But it makes no sense for christians in general. They are ordered by Jesus to be pacifists. The only part of the OT that Jesus approved was the 10 commandments.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

QuantumT wrote:
Let us use the scientific approach and determine the historic and current evil of Abrahamic religions

Judaism

Violence today : No
Israels illegal occupation of the West Bank violates international law. That is because Jews think they have an absolute moral
right to Israel for themselves as they are Gods chosen people and were without a homeland ever since Pharaoh banished them
from Egypt over two thousand years ago as referenced in all three of the Abrahamic Scriptures : the Torah the Bible the Koran
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm Israels illegal occupation of the West Bank violates international law. That is because Jews think they have an absolute moral
right to Israel for themselves as they are Gods chosen people and were without a homeland ever since Pharaoh banished them
from Egypt over two thousand years ago as referenced in all three of the Abrahamic Scriptures : the Torah the Bible the Koran
That is not being done "in the name of God". It's political. Not religious.
It may seem religious to some, but it's not. And it's not even intended to.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

You post seem a bit messy, I will deal with it piece by piece.
Age wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:46 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 am The above interpretation 'Islam is a religion of peace' does not align with the ethos of Islam and that is a very dangerous proposition.
There was NO interpretation from me. I said, "I have heard that the word 'islam', literally, means peace.

The only interpretation being made here comes from you. What do you now say is 'the ethos of islam'? and how does this differ from 'the ideology of islam'? Just changing words, and then trying to fit those new words into your already held position, some times does more damage to your argument then good.
Ideology is merely a set of beliefs.
An ideology is a collection of normative beliefs and values that an individual or group holds for other than purely epistemic reasons.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

Ethos (/ˈiːθɒs/ or US: /ˈiːθoʊs/) is a Greek word meaning "character" that is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterize a community, nation, or ideology. The Greeks also used this word to refer to the power of music to influence emotions, behaviours, and even morals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethos
Ethos;
Sociology; the fundamental character or spirit of a culture; the underlying sentiment that informs the beliefs, customs, or practices of a group or society; dominant assumptions of a people or period:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ethos

From the above the term 'ethos' represent an ideology but it has some kind of spirit and power that drive zeal in their believers to commit actions of which can be good or evil.

Thus when I refer to the ideology of Islam, I would introduce the concept of 'ethos' or 'pathos' into it.
The ethos of the ideology of Islam is notable for the glaringly terrible evil acts and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims in the name of their God and religion.

Note this statistics among others;

And, how are the words 'islam is a religion of peace', which by the way is NOT what I said nor wrote but rather what you said or wrote, a supposedly very dangerous position? Dangerous to what exactly? I may ask you. It could be said that it is extremely dangerous to you and your strongly held position because it is completely opposes what you propose and believe.
I stated somewhere.
When you promote the idea that Islam is a religion of peace and avoiding the evil elements you are diverting people's attention from the real ethos or pathos of Islam which is responsible for the real terrible evil acts and violence committed by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Suppose you are a head of a nation and believes Islam is peaceful thus not a threat to your country.
On that belief, you allowed 1 million Muslims into your country based an open door policy.
But the facts are;
  • 1. Islam had evil elements.
    2. Another fact is 20% [very conservatively] of all human are born with an active evil tendency.
I and 3 above has combined to cause real terrible evil acts and violence on non-Muslims.
This is so evident in Germany, France and other European countries.

Thus the insistence Islam is a religion of peace is a very dangerous belief when the evil laden elements in Islam is not recognized.

Note I have spent 3 years researching Islam and the Quran full time with extensive research and analysis.
So I have a reasonable knowledge of Islam and its inherent evil elements.

I suggest you read the Quran and understand it thoroughly in its proper contexts and why the Quran is loaded with evil elements that inspire SOME evil prone to commit real terrible evil acts and violence.

I don't have the time to present the full picture.
But here is a clue from CSPI,
The Trilogy [of Islam] spends a lot of time on the Jews. In Mecca the mention is generally favorable. However, in Medina Jews were the enemy of Islam because they denied Mohammed as the final prophet. Here is the data on the Trilogy texts and the Jews. Notice that the Trilogy has more Jew hatred than Mein Kampf.
http://www.cspipublishing.com/statistic ... _Text.html
By the way by just saying ignoring the inherent beastly nature of a animal does NOT in any true way infer that the inherent nature of islam is evil in any way, shape, nor form. Just because you believe it is so does not make it so.
That is an analogy like 'one cannot judge a book by its cover.'

Note my belief 'Islam is inherently evil' is not due to some superficial bias but based on the extensive research I have done of each of the 6236 verses of the Quran and in its full context.

Why I have highlighted the point is,
you could have stated, "I have heard Islam and a religion of peace but there are many who claim Islam is an evil religion" i.e. to give a balanced view. This point can be easily noted from a simple google search.
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Aequitas

Kayla wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:52 pm In my neck of the woods, great many Christians are convinced that the USA invading other countries (which requires lots of violence) is a very Christian thing to do.
I bet if Christians who believed they can and had killed enemies, this is what they will face when they meet Jesus Christ along with God on Judgment Day;
  • Christ on Judgment Day to Christian killers:
    WTF!! I commanded you to love your enemies, [Matthew 5:44] not to kill them!! F.. Bs.. you will be sent to Hell and burnt eternally!
Any one or Christian can believe what he wants, but the authority of the ideology of Christianity is the NT and the overriding moral precepts is 'Love your enemies'.

On the other hand, the Quran has explicit verses that exhorts Muslims to kill non-Muslims in various circumstances [vague] and Muslim killers of non-Muslims are exceptionally rewarded with sensual delights and eternal life in Paradise.
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Aequitas

Age wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:46 pm Do you somewhat detest or do not like the islam religion? If yes, then why so?
I am not a Buddhist per se but have personally adopted one of the Boddhisattva's vow to extend empathy and compassion to human beings.

I believe ALL evil acts and intentions of humans must be addressed and resolved where possible.
But I don't have the competence nor resources to deal with ALL evil acts.
But since I am very familiar with philosophy and religion, I believe I can contribute the evil acts related to religions.

Now it is so obvious from the News and even direct experience, one can note the association between the many reports of terrible acts by SOME Muslims and Islam.
To avoid hasty generalization, I took the trouble to research extensively to understand the actual root causes.
I noted the proximate root cause is the evil elements in the ideology of Islam which compelled SOME Muslims who are evil prone to commit terrible evil acts as a divine duty to please their Allah to gain favorable salvation.

Obviously those who committed the evil acts must be accountable for their actions in some ways but to prevent such evil acts at source we must trace to the proximate cause, which I have identified as from the evil elements in the Quran.

As a matter of theoretical test [not possible in practice at present]; if we remove the Quran, there will be no more Muslims and thus no more Quranic inspired evil acts and violence.
Those ex-Muslims who were evil prone will continue to commit evil but they will not be able to quote from the Quran to justify their evil deeds.

This OP is to demonstrate I do not hate Muslims even those who commit the terrible evil acts and violence where they are inspired by the evil elements in the Quran and act out of desperation for their salvation.

The point is this;
DNA wise the majority of human beings are desperate for salvation.
If they seek salvation via Jesus Christ there is an overriding pacifist maxim that they cannot kill, and that extend to even one's enemies.
One could seek 'salvation' via Buddhism or Jainism and these religions do not have any leading evil laden verses in their official holy texts that compel or inspire one to kill in the name of Buddha or Buddhism.

But it is very unfortunate for a Muslim whose first desperation is to seek salvation but has to enter into a covenant [spiritual contract] that include terms where a true Muslims has to commit the evil commands therein.
Those Muslims who are naturally evil prone will not hesitate to carry out the 'evil' commands from God as a divine duty to please God to facilitate their own personal salvation.
Even the very goody-two-shoes will be induced and 'forced' to commit terrible evil acts. This is very common where we read of some supposedly well behaved Muslims turned out to be suicide bombers out of the blue and surprised their parents, relatives, friends, etc.
Whatever answer you give I will always bring you back to the point that the ideology behind a word that is related to peace is peace. If a human being, however, construes or wants to construe a word, or the ideology behind that word, in a different way, then so be it. There is nothing I can do about that.
We are talking of Islam.
What prevailed in Islam is the immutable words of God in the Quran.
If the Quran did not assert Islam meant exclusively peace, then you cannot usurp the authority of Allah especially if you are Muslim.
There is something that you need to do, i.e. you need to be intellectually honest and responsible in going along with what the book actually intended the term 'Islam' to be in the context of the whole Quran.

You condemned my reference to Wiki.
Note reference to Wiki is normally the quickie reference but it understand one has to trace the meaning to the Quran.
I did not jump at it but I know the explanation the term "Islam" in Wiki represent that of the Quran.

Btw, you post is a bit messy.
Let me know if I had missed any point that is critical to you.
Veritas Aequitas

QuantumT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 pm Let's use the scientific approach, and determine the historic and current evil of Abrahamic religions.

Judaism

Christianity

Islam

Conclussion: Islam is currently the most violent religion, and there seems no hope that it will stop for many centuries.

Note:
The type of violence refered to, is that which is commited "in the name of God/Allah/Elohim~Yahweh" or due to instructions from scriptures.
Well analyzed and presented.

Wonder why Age could not see these quite obvious truths?
Age wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:41 am To make it even easier and simpler for you to understand. I have heard that the word 'islam', literally, means peace. And, 'muslim', literally, means follower of peace.

Therefore, the world would be a much better place if EVERYONE is a follower of, what leads to, peace.

Do you find any thing wrong with that?

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 am
QuantumT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 pm Let's use the scientific approach, and determine the historic and current evil of Abrahamic religions.

Judaism

Christianity

Islam

Note:
Well analyzed and presented.

Wonder why Age could not see these quite obvious truths?
If they are facts then I can very easily see them. But those "facts" still do NOT agree with your belief that the ideology of islam is violence. If violence was islam's ideology, then every muslim would be committing violence. Not all followers of islam commit violence.

Islam is NOT a religion of violence. You, human beings, interpret whatever you want to see, into anything.

It is your interpretation that sees violence in islam.

I have pointed out to you that it is extremely simple and easy to kill a non-believer without harming or injuring a human body. But you seem to want to ignore this part completely.

Also, even if any religion is currently the most violent one, which could easily be disputed but will leave that alone for now, that in of itself does not mean that violence is the ideology behind that religion.

Religion, itself, is not violent. Human beings are the only thing on the planet that can be and are violent.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 am
Age wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:41 am To make it even easier and simpler for you to understand. I have heard that the word 'islam', literally, means peace. And, 'muslim', literally, means follower of peace.

Therefore, the world would be a much better place if EVERYONE is a follower of, what leads to, peace.

Do you find any thing wrong with that?
Yes I did ask you if you find any thing wrong with that?

You are yet to reply.
Atla

Post by Atla »

QuantumT wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 pm Islam

I'm slowly realizing that the above is not obvious to many North Americans.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:46 am

How does islam support violence?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 am

Muslims know that non-Muslims are inferior, subhuman. So human qualities like empathy don't apply towards non-Muslims; all methods are acceptable and encouraged in converting the subhumans into Muslims.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:55 am
Age wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 am
Muslims know that non-Muslims are inferior, subhuman. So human qualities like empathy don't apply towards non-Muslims; all methods are acceptable and encouraged in converting the subhumans into Muslims.
I asked, How does islam support violence? You talk about what human beings supposedly think and do. Islam is NOT a human being.

Do you really believe that ALL muslims know that non-muslims are inferior, subhuman?

Are you absolutely sure that ALL muslims do not have empathy?

What is wrong with trying to convert other human beings into following peace rather than following war and/or violence?