Do you ever get the urge to kill something...

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Do you ever get the urge to kill?

Yes I do
47%
No I don't
53%

Total votes: 15

QuantumT

Re: Do you ever get the urge to kill something...

Post by QuantumT »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm You don't have vets where you come from?
We assessed that the stress of transport and the vets handling of the putting down was outweighed by the slow death in peace at home.
Last edited by QuantumT on Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

QuantumT wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm You don't have vets where you come from?
We assessed that the stress of transport and the vets handling of the putting down outweighed the slow death in peace at home.
Vet are usually very sensitive about those things. But I suppose a slow death doesn't necessarily mean extreme suffering.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

It was very peaceful and only 30 or more minutes slower than a vet could have done it.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

the only time i actively wanted to kill something (as opposed to just hurting it real bad) was a feral boar that decided that the ducklings at our duck pond were tasty little snacks

the rational part of my mind tells me that, hey, the boar has to eat too. but it pissed me off so much

fortunately i live in a house that has more guns than people and was easily able to give into my urge

the boar was delicious!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Kayla wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:11 pm the only time i actively wanted to kill something (as opposed to just hurting it real bad) was a feral boar that decided that the ducklings at our duck pond were tasty little snacks

the rational part of my mind tells me that, hey, the boar has to eat too. but it pissed me off so much

fortunately i live in a house that has more guns than people and was easily able to give into my urge

the boar was delicious!
HQ would love you.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Mostly myself. I wouldn't do anyone else that favour.

I don't call it killing or suicide though. I call it a well-earned vacation.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Only in reverse. More than happy to leave everyone else to the slow death of their own miseries.

Post by Age »

If and when you get the urge to eat, meat, do you prefer to eat that meat-thing after its been killed, or while it is still alive?

Has the urge to kill something (made of meat), before you eat it, been completely reduced to zero if you have gotten someone else to kill it for you beforehand? Or, has that urge to kill something, before you eat it, just been completely unnoticed by you previously?

For any living animal, like you the human being for example, there has to be an urge to kill something. You have to eat something if you want to keep existing and staying alive.

If you get an urge to eat something, animal or vegetable, then you have to get the urge to kill something, either an animal, a plant, or a vegetable, prior to you eating it. But if you notice that urge or not is another matter.

Feeling hungry drives the desire, or impulse, or as sometimes known, the urge to eat. In order for you to want to eat something you firstly have to want to kill it first. If you do not want kill something before you eat it, then the actual eating of it will kill it anyway, so there is naturally the urge to kill something. Stopping the growth of any living thing is the killing of that thing. If you have the urge to eat, then that means you have the urge to kill something.

So, if you want to keep on living, by eating, then you all do get the urge to kill something... (else).

(But please do not let facts get in the way of any of you trying to justify your own behaviors.
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Insane is to wanton torturing and killing!

It can be honour to kill!

8)
Greta

Post by Greta »

Kayla wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:11 pm the only time i actively wanted to kill something (as opposed to just hurting it real bad) was a feral boar that decided that the ducklings at our duck pond were tasty little snacks

the boar was delicious!
By killing feral animals you are doing the local wildlife a favour. I see not much issue of conscience there.

Just wondering ... I was under the impression that feral pigs had a lot of parasites and were not recommended for eating. Did you do anything special in treating and cooking the meat or were you lucky? :)
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greta wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:17 am

the boar was delicious!
By killing feral animals you are doing the local wildlife a favour. I see not much issue of conscience there.

Just wondering ... I was under the impression that feral pigs had a lot of parasites and were not recommended for eating. Did you do anything special in treating and cooking the meat or were you lucky? :)
Feral humans perhaps. Aussies even consider kangaroos to be 'feral'. Here, it's anything that doesn't make money.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Greta wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:17 am Just wondering ... I was under the impression that feral pigs had a lot of parasites and were not recommended for eating. Did you do anything special in treating and cooking the meat or were you lucky? :)
as long as you do not eat feral pig tartare, and cook the meat properly, there are no issues. you do have to be extra careful not to cross contaminate from uncooked to cooked

slow cooker is one of the best ways to cook feral pig - its harder to overcook that way, since its lean (for a pig) it is easier to overcook than store-bought pork
Greta

Post by Greta »

Kayla wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:10 pm
Greta wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:17 am Just wondering ... I was under the impression that feral pigs had a lot of parasites and were not recommended for eating. Did you do anything special in treating and cooking the meat or were you lucky? :)
as long as you do not eat feral pig tartare, and cook the meat properly, there are no issues. you do have to be extra careful not to cross contaminate from uncooked to cooked

slow cooker is one of the best ways to cook feral pig - its harder to overcook that way, since its lean (for a pig) it is easier to overcook than store-bought pork
So that would make the warnings about eating the meat of feral animals are an assumption that some dumb person will undercook the meat and hurt themselves.

Feral animals do need culling for the sake of local ecosystems so it's great if at least some hunters can make use of their meat.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

Greta wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 pm Feral animals do need culling for the sake of local ecosystems so it's great if at least some hunters can make use of their meat.
local lore has it that a truck carrying pigs to a slaughterhouse overturned a while back and some pigs got away and went feral and cross bred with some local wild pigs - producing a hyper intelligent and very delicious breed of pigs (not to mention destructive)

the intelligence means that they now stay of our property and the only one who can regularly outsmart them now is an unemployed relation who lives with us - and made a fool out of a former military sniper who was bragging about how he used to hunt the most dangerous game yada yada - sounds like the Taliban could learn a thing or two from those pigs
Greta

Post by Greta »

Kayla wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:47 pm Feral animals do need culling for the sake of local ecosystems so it's great if at least some hunters can make use of their meat.
local lore has it that a truck carrying pigs to a slaughterhouse overturned a while back and some pigs got away and went feral and cross bred with some local wild pigs - producing a hyper intelligent and very delicious breed of pigs (not to mention destructive)

the intelligence means that they now stay of our property and the only one who can regularly outsmart them now is an unemployed relation who lives with us - and made a fool out of a former military sniper who was bragging about how he used to hunt the most dangerous game yada yada - sounds like the Taliban could learn a thing or two from those pigs
It's reassuring. If humans fail to survive overpopulation at least the feral pigs can take over, although rats are another feasible possibility :)