Morality as Function and Form

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Morality as Function and Form

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:29 pm The mirage is an observation of an oasis. An oasis is observed through the neurons/brain/etc. however upon further sensory experience it is observes the oasis is not there.

Now an oasis is seen through certain senses, but this is not observed through the other senses...a lack of symmetry occurs between the senses in turn giving evidence to the nature of the situation.

Now an oasis is seen, but does not exist, hence the illusion exists as a deficiency in truth where the oasis exists, but not in its full state...hence the hallucination of an oasis is merely observing a deficiency in "oasis" but a low degree of oasis nonetheless.
You are beating around the bush again and avoiding my question, which is;

My point is if you know A saw a mirage and insist it is a real oasis when you know there is no oasis at location X, would you agree with him there is a real oasis at location X?

Would you agree?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:21 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:29 pm The mirage is an observation of an oasis. An oasis is observed through the neurons/brain/etc. however upon further sensory experience it is observes the oasis is not there.

Now an oasis is seen through certain senses, but this is not observed through the other senses...a lack of symmetry occurs between the senses in turn giving evidence to the nature of the situation.

Now an oasis is seen, but does not exist, hence the illusion exists as a deficiency in truth where the oasis exists, but not in its full state...hence the hallucination of an oasis is merely observing a deficiency in "oasis" but a low degree of oasis nonetheless.

My point is if you know A saw a mirage and insist it is a real oasis when you know there is no oasis at location X, would you agree with him there is a real oasis at location X?

Would you agree?
A mirage of an oasis is still an oasis, that exists as a mirage.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:21 am

Would you agree?
You are not answering the question.
I don't believe you are that stupid in not understanding my specific question.
Something is very wrong here.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:42 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:21 am You are beating around the bush again and avoiding my question, which is;

Would you agree?
You are not answering the question.
I don't believe you are that stupid in not understanding my specific question.
Something is very wrong here.
Something is very wrong....the answer is provided, but you fail to see it except as an illusion....and yet this "illusion" still effects the answers you form.