What's the healthiest food you can eat?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

What's the healthiest food you can eat?

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Offhand I don't know myself, but I have a feeling that there will be controversy here.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
henry quirk

beer & gutbuster pizza

Post by henry quirk »

you'll live forever

throw in coffee & cigarettes and you'll live forever twice over
Dalek Prime

Re: What's the healthiest food you can eat?

Post by Dalek Prime »

Probably anything that hasn't added rubbish the liver has to eliminate. If your food and portions don't make you a sluggish fat toad who always feels sick, I'm sure you're fine. We're going to die anyway, but we can try to feel good whilst we're dying.
Dalek Prime

Re: beer & gutbuster pizza

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:53 pm you'll live forever

throw in coffee & cigarettes and you'll live forever twice over
Yep. That's my diet.
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dalek Prime wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 pm Probably anything that hasn't added rubbish the liver has to eliminate. If your food and portions don't make you a sluggish fat toad who always feels sick, I'm sure you're fine. We're going to die anyway, but we can try to feel good whilst we're dying.
My belief too, yet society places a great reliance on nutritionists.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Coffee, Cigarrettes and Alcohol are the three best foods to reach one's athletic potential....other than those three I would argue fish and vegetables.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 pm Probably anything that hasn't added rubbish the liver has to eliminate. If your food and portions don't make you a sluggish fat toad who always feels sick, I'm sure you're fine. We're going to die anyway, but we can try to feel good whilst we're dying.
My belief too, yet society places a great reliance on nutritionists.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒPhilX๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ
They may have good ideas in general, but I'm not one to throw away my life in pursuit of some impossible goal of ultimate health. Actually, I was told a story just this morning about a guy who smoked his brains out and was fine, but chocked on a chicken bone. None of us know when or how we'll go. I'm not spending my life worrying about the inevitable.

It just came to me that society places an importance on nutrition, because we are resources, and society wants efficient use of us, and not to cost much either. Makes sense.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 pm Coffee, Cigarrettes and Alcohol are the three best foods to reach one's athletic potential....other than those three I would argue fish and vegetables.
I do the first two. The third would probably be too much on my system. One bad habit is enough for me, and I'm a dedicated smoker.
henry quirk

"I'm a dedicated smoker"

Post by henry quirk »

My brother!
Dalek Prime

Re: "I'm a dedicated smoker"

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 pm My brother!
Any friend of Nic is a friend of mine!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Indeed.

Like you, I serve the Old Gods, the True Gods (and in return, They serve me/us).
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dalek Prime wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:54 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:37 pm Coffee, Cigarrettes and Alcohol are the three best foods to reach one's athletic potential....other than those three I would argue fish and vegetables.
I do the first two. The third would probably be too much on my system. One bad habit is enough for me, and I'm a dedicated smoker.
People don't understand drinking and smoking taking alot of self-discipline in the face of the temptation of wanting to quit....this discipline is appreciated very little today in a society of wannabe smokers and drinkers trying to live forever in their bubble worlds.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Water and greens.

Drink much water and eat plenty of leafy greens to somewhat offset the physical damage caused by fun times. But don't stress about it; stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:21 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: โ†‘Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:54 pm
People don't understand drinking and smoking taking alot of self-discipline in the face of the temptation of wanting to quit....this discipline is appreciated very little today in a society of wannabe smokers and drinkers trying to live forever in their bubble worlds.
Yes. Society wants us to feel bad about our pleasures, and applies pressure. We must resist feeling guilty, and smoke for everyone's freedom. 8)
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greta wrote: โ†‘Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am Water and greens.

Drink much water and eat plenty of leafy greens to somewhat offset the physical damage caused by fun times. But don't stress about it; stress and anxiety are arguably harder on the system than a crappy diet.
Gladiators diets were high in greens, as it healed their bones quickly.