How does time work?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: How does time work?

Post by uwot »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:57 pm
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:20 pm How could we tell?
who could we tell?
What would we tell them?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:14 pm
Impenitent wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:57 pm
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:20 pm How could we tell?
who could we tell?
What would we tell them?
that would be an event-in-itself and likely be beyond completely accurate linguistic endeavors

-Imp
uwot

Post by uwot »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 pmthat would be an event-in-itself and likely be beyond completely accurate linguistic endeavors
Meh. We'll just have to make the words up.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

shofizzlenuffly

-Imp
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeiS7GEFiVw
You can see: the growing History, living, running time of Now and unclear Future...
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Noax wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:55 pm If it has speed, clearly it is being referenced from a frame in which it has speed, and in that frame, yes, its processes are dilated. But in the frame of the object itself, it is the rest of the universe (anything not moving along with the object) that slows down.
nope- per WRT to the fast object the rest of the Universe's Time speeds up Sir.

not Slows down.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 pm
Cerveny wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 pmRed shift perhaps indicates that remote galaxies move faster. It does not directly imply some “Expansion” of space at all.
So where are they moving to?
Virgo Cluster - my bad, misread.

thought you were asking where we are moving to.

disregard.

==============

to answer your question "they" are not moving at all. not to nor from anything.

space they are part of - and the same space as is between them and us and he same space we are a part of.

is expanding.

so no velocity of objects should not be assumed - only assume velocity of space expansion.
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 pm
Cerveny wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 pmRed shift perhaps indicates that remote galaxies move faster. It does not directly imply some “Expansion” of space at all.
So where are they moving to?
They are replicated into new Planck’s time layers (as some (structural) defects) on 3-D surface of 4-D growing/condensing physical space. 4-D physical space/aether (the History) grows (from the Future ?-D) as a grain of ice from cooled water..
uwot

Post by uwot »

gaffo wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 amspace they are part of - and the same space as is between them and us and he same space we are a part of.
is expanding.
so no velocity of objects should not be assumed - only assume velocity of space expansion.
Well yes, space is expanding, but galaxies do actually move through space. That's why Andromeda is going to collide with us in a few hundred million years.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Cerveny wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:18 pm4-D physical space/aether (the History) grows (from the Future ?-D) as a grain of ice from cooled water..
I get the analogy of the future being fluid, and the past being frozen, but what I don't understand is what, if anything, you think 'matter' is made of. In the generic description of a quantum field in my book ( https://willijbouwman.blogspot.com ) I try to explain the fairly mainstream view that particles are disturbances in those fields. What is a particle in your universe?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:59 pm How does time work? It works like this: You finish work on Friday afternoon, then, the next thing you know, you're getting up for work again on Monday morning. That's how it effing works!
That's the real story behind the crucifixion and resurrection of jesus.

How do you think this poor fella felt? Of all the days in a week to be put to death on a Friday and then to be resurrected (awoken) on a Monday. The first words to come out of his mouth would have been something like, "Christ, where did the time go?"
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:09 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 amspace they are part of - and the same space as is between them and us and he same space we are a part of.
is expanding.
Well yes, space is expanding, but galaxies do actually move through space. That's why Andromeda is going to collide with us in a few hundred million years.
3 billion yrs.
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

uwot wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:24 pm
Cerveny wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:18 pm4-D physical space/aether (the History) grows (from the Future ?-D) as a grain of ice from cooled water..
I get the analogy of the future being fluid, and the past being frozen, but what I don't understand is what, if anything, you think 'matter' is made of. In the generic description of a quantum field in my book ( https://willijbouwman.blogspot.com ) I try to explain the fairly mainstream view that particles are disturbances in those fields. What is a particle in your universe?
i am deeply believe that elementary particle are structural defects in regular (crystal) structure of physical space/aether. See eg screw dislocations. Such defect is permanently replicated into new crystal layers during its growth. Related antiparticle is a complementary defect - for simplicity see interstitial / vacantion. Both defects arises together. When they meet, the structure of space is smoothed with freeing of energy (quake) used for its creation. The deffects in structure cause some structural strains that are exhibited as force fields...
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Pur ... _256143230
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Cerveny wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:55 am
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:24 pm
As well as the matter, the math condensates from the Future (from empire of ideas) (-> natural numbers, integers, rational numbers, real numbers, complex numbers... )
As defects in such structure, we can consider eg some limits, complex poles, empty set... :)
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Cerveny wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:44 am
Cerveny wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:55 am
uwot wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:24 pm I get the analogy of the future being fluid, and the past being frozen, but what I don't understand is what, if anything, you think 'matter' is made of. In the generic description of a quantum field in my book ( https://willijbouwman.blogspot.com ) I try to explain the fairly mainstream view that particles are disturbances in those fields. What is a particle in your universe?
As well as the matter, the math condensates from the Future (from empire of ideas) (-> natural numbers, integers, rational numbers, real numbers, complex numbers... )
As defects in such structure, we can consider eg some limits, complex poles, empty set... :)
In addition, it is mostly interesting that curve/contour integral (rotation) around the complex pole (complex singularity(“particle?”)) gives just non zero complex value. It strongly reminds the Maxwell equation (generating a magnetic (dual) field around a moving electric charge). We can feel/smell certain electromagnetic relation based at pure math base here... Notice pls again the shift (Burger vector), gained during a circle motion/integration around “singularity” (red arrow) https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Pur ... _256143230