Hinduism is far superior to Christianity and Islam?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Hinduism is far superior to Christianity and Islam?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Hinduism is far superior to Christianity and Islam in its teachings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5_xDaXAbXY
Abrahamic religions, unlike Hinduism, often make exclusive Truth claims, stating that unless we subscribe to their faith we will be condemned for eternity. This video explores the strikingly obvious problems when making such absurd claims.

The issues can be summarized as the:
  • 1. The Problem of an Unfair Test
    2 The Problem of Virtue and Human Experience
    3. The Problem of Insufficient evidence
In analyzing these problems, we will see how Christianity and Islam have theologies which are forced on reality, while Hinduism has a philosophy utterly in tune with the way life actually is.
In general I agree but there are optimal points to consider.

Your views?
Pls listen to the video before commenting.
Dontaskme

Re: Hinduism is far superior to Christianity and Islam?

Post by Dontaskme »

What theological example can you give which are forced on reality?
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 pm What theological example can you give which are forced on reality?
Why should you care? You're not real anyways.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:12 pm What theological example can you give which are forced on reality?
Why should you care? You're not real anyways.

🇺🇲PhilX🇺🇲
No one cares.

Reflex

Post by Reflex »

I wonder what VA hopes to gain by his vitriol?

Stupid video, BTW.
Greta

Post by Greta »

The critiques of Abrahamic religions, especially their claims of exclusivity, were fair and grounded. However, he glosses over Hinduism's incongruities enough to make the presentation more polemic than convincing, despite fair critiques of Abrahamic faiths.

Also, I think you'll find that both Hinduism and Abrahamic faiths are today largely more political movements than spiritual ones.

What these creeds claim at their cores appears to have become irrelevant. Each of them is now just a giant institution that is jostling with many other giant organisations for a share of the spoils that they are ALL extracting from individuals at a rapid rate.
Veritas Aequitas

You did not listen to the video?

Something like the Abrahamic religions claim their texts are from a real God, is immutable and thus are forced upon believers to follow regardless of and against what is justifiably real.
Note the belief that genesis is real, earth is not more than 6,000 years old, creationism against the reality of evolution theory.
Veritas Aequitas

Reflex wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 pm I wonder what VA hopes to gain by his vitriol?

Stupid video, BTW.
Why the suspicion when this forum is a place for discussion of relevant topics.
I do a lot of exploration in my continual research. I happened to come across this video which I thought is interesting for a discussion.

It is important to show Christianity and Islam [especially] their place to dilute their false arrogance.

Christians are demanding to study only creationism in schools and reject the theory of evolution. Muslims [a very significant SOME] are making all sorts of demands from non-Muslims in the belief their religion is the greatest and most superior over all other religions, to the extent they have the divine God given right to enslave and kill non-believers.

Hinduism [in general and specific schools] also has weaknesses but on average is far more superior than Christianity and Islam. The comparison is like 7/10 to 4/10.
Veritas Aequitas

Here is one very frank admission of Hinduism to its weakness re the Caste System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7q_LtZUJZw
The issue of Caste is the most common critique of Hinduism. The injustice of different sections of society has been used to paint Santhana Dharma as an ancient evil cult.
But how much of this can be really pinned on religious ideas and how much is just about centuries of social development?

This video honestly explores and explains the origins of caste within Hindu scripture and culture, and how these ideas have been developed and misused.

It also outlines the other different factors which have allowed birth based discrimination to flourish in India.

Finally it paints the way forward explaining that Hinduism, unlike other religions, has the philosophy to easily transcend old ideas and move with the times.

As a result Sanathana Dharma is a tradition that can not only survive caste but thrive without it, especially in a modern context.
The one advantage of Hinduism over Abrahamic religions is it is not chained to the imperative of immutable holy texts and doctrines.
The caste system has been condemned by many Hindus and it is slowly being weaned off.
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 am I do a lot of exploration in my continual research. I happened to come across this video which I thought is interesting for a discussion.
Any Christian can do the same. It’s called “confirmation bias.” We all do it. Some of us even have the insight to know we do.

It is important to show Christianity and Islam [especially] their place to dilute their false arrogance.
What about yours? I can cut and paste an essay written by a Hindu speaking to your arrogance.
Christians are demanding to study only creationism in schools and reject the theory of evolution.

Apparently, we live in different universes.
Muslims [a very significant SOME] are making all sorts of demands from non-Muslims in the belief their religion is the greatest and most superior over all other religions, to the extent they have the divine God given right to enslave and kill non-believers.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Hinduism [in general and specific schools] also has weaknesses but on average is far more superior than Christianity and Islam. The comparison is like 7/10 to 4/10.
That’s a subjective value-judgment.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:55 am
No, I've heard it all before, it's the same old shit ..different speaker. It's all just sound heard as words appearing out of silence.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:55 amSomething like the Abrahamic religions claim their texts are from a real God, is immutable and thus are forced upon believers to follow regardless of and against what is justifiably real.
Note the belief that genesis is real, earth is not more than 6,000 years old, creationism against the reality of evolution theory.
It's all just sound heard as words appearing out of silence...inseparable from this silence. I can see no thing that can be identified or singled out that is forcing sound heard as words to appear out of this silence...that would require a causer...can there be a causer of ''all that is'' ?

Does this causer have a beginning, does it have an end? does it have an image? does it have a taste? can it be seen? can it be touched? can it be held up and looked at?

Veritas Aequitas

Reflex wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:17 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 am I do a lot of exploration in my continual research. I happened to come across this video which I thought is interesting for a discussion.
Any Christian can do the same. It’s called “confirmation bias.” We all do it. Some of us even have the insight to know we do.
I don't see how my OP has to do with confirmation bias. I am not a Hindu to favor it.
What about yours? I can cut and paste an essay written by a Hindu speaking to your arrogance.
There should not be a question of arrogance if what I presented are facts and arguments.

If someone presented 1000 points of justified facts and argument and feel arrogant, I don't give a damn with his arrogance but I will thanks him for those facts which are new and relevant to me.
That’s a subjective value-judgment.
This is objective since it is based on what is in the holy texts accepted and evidently practiced by the respective believers.
Most Hindus has no problem accepting evolution but not most Christians and Muslims who has to comply with the teachings of the Bible and Quran respectively.
Veritas Aequitas

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:30 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:55 am
No, I've heard it all before, it's the same old shit ..different speaker. It's all just sound heard as words appearing out of silence.
This is very intellectually dishonest.
How can you make such a claim without listening to the video, it could be very different from what you have heard from others. You will not know until you have listen to it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:36 amThis is very intellectually dishonest.
Who is being dishonest?

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:36 amHow can you make such a claim
Who is making the claim that they have heard it all before?

First we need to identify this one so that we can both agree that we are talking about the same one.

HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Both quran and bible has been heavily rewritten to fit the preachers dictatorial ways, also that the quran is the book of satan which is apparent in older versions of the quran in the "satanic verses" that has been removed in newer versions.

Bible went from monotheism to polytheism, where both god, spirit and son are worshipped, and now mainly the son.

When Jesus/Isa/Eisa/Kalki returns he will undo religion which is heavily suggested in the bible, and muslim prophecies and hadiths.

Bible, Book of Revelation: "and i saw no temple in New Jerusalem"

Bible, Book of Revelation: "The Whore of Babylon" is Mecca, The Kaaba Stone which is the manifestation of Isis (goddess)

Prophecy of the Popes - it foretell of 112 popes where the last pope is "Petrus Romanus", the current pope Francis's father was Peter and was from Rome.

Muslim hadith/prophecy: "Isa bin Maryam will break the cross"