Failure of "I".

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Failure of "I".

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

"I exist" is an objective statement that exists seperate from the subjective experience of "I".

Discuss.
Dalek Prime

Re: Failure of "I".

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm "I exist" is an objective statement that exists seperate from the subjective experience of "I".

Discuss.
Both statements are subjective, or rather, both the experience and the statement are subjective. External confirmation comes from others.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dalek Prime wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:53 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 pm "I exist" is an objective statement that exists seperate from the subjective experience of "I".

Discuss.
Both statements are subjective, or rather, both the experience and the statement are subjective. External confirmation comes from others.
That is an objective statement, as objectivity is the symmetry between subjective statements that negate the subjective nature.

For example I may see a unicorn. You may not. This "me seeing the unicorn is subject entirely to me". However if you see it also, it becomes an objective perception in the respect it acts as a unified median between the subjective states which effectively change them.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Discuss.
That is an objective statement, as objectivity is the symmetry between subjective statements that negate the subjective nature.

For example I may see a unicorn. You may not. This "me seeing the unicorn is subject entirely to me". However if you see it also, it becomes an objective perception in the respect it acts as a unified median between the subjective states which effectively change them.
It's only objective from another party. Yes. What are you arguing? The self-experience of I is subjective. So is the statement I exist. What is the issue here?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dalek Prime wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:18 pm

It's only objective from another party. Yes. What are you arguing? The self-experience of I is subjective. So is the statement I exist. What is the issue here?
"I" is an objective statement, hence the subjective has roots in the objective and vice versa, and the subjective-objective dual nature of the axiom observes a statement of relation between the undefined subjective state and the defined objective state.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm

"I" is an objective statement, hence the subjective has roots in the objective and vice versa, and the subjective-objective dual nature of the axiom observes a statement of relation between the undefined subjective state and the defined objective state.
I is subjective. It is declared from the I.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dalek Prime wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 pm

I is subjective. It is from the I.
Now it is dually objective.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:40 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 pm

I is subjective. It is from the I.
Now it is dually objective.
No. The I's are just crossed, now.

I don't see how you suppose your views to be objective, when I know mine are not, try as i might. Any realist knows that they're views are subject to interpretation, and not objective reality.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I exist is a claim of existing...who is making the claim it exists?

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Yeah, still blocked, DAM.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dalek Prime wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:40 pm Yeah, still blocked, DAM.
Forget about me...

Unblock and see clearly...who is the I making the claim I exist?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Discuss.
I wonder you understand clearly what is meant to be objective.
Objectivity is a central philosophical concept, objective means being independent of the perceptions thus objectivity means the property of being independent from the perceptions, which has been variously defined by sources.
Generally, objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings.
Note my point, 'truth' is always conditioned upon a specific Framework and System established [explicitly or impliedly] and agreed by a group of humans.
viewtopic.php?p=368747#p368747

If you state "I exist" is an objective statement, then it is fundamentally subjective, i.e. intersubjective via human [subject] made framework and system.

If you intend to allude to an "I AM" that survives physical death, that "I" independent of empirical human conditions is an illusion.

When you use the term 'exist' as in "I exists" note existence is not a predicate.
Thus "I exists" is meaningless without predicates.
The point is the necessary predicates are taken for granted in conventional communications.
In addition the predicates must be empirically verifiable, e.g. I exists as a person with this and that qualities [verifiable].

"I" exists as a permanent soul that survives physical death is not testable and verifiable, thus illusory.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 amIf you state "I exist" is an objective statement, then it is fundamentally subjective, i.e. intersubjective via human [subject] made framework and system.
There is no 'you' stating 'I exist'

'I exist' is the unknown known.

There is no 'you' to know the unknown known. (unclaimed)

You are the unknown known. (unclaimed) (there is no other framework by which the you is known) you are known because you are not known.

Subject and Object are ONE ..in the same instant, namely, now.

One does not come before the other or come after the other. One is indivisible, tis only concepts/language that divides and language is a mental construct an illusion.

One is not an illusion, because one is all there is...which is everything as both the knower internal and the known external.
This one is not in relationship, it only appears to be for the sake of dual communication... but no one is communicating with another, there is only this beginingless source... from source to source an endless spring.

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Yeah! but you need an objective "I" to have a subjective experience. I tried to do one without the other and almost didn't make it back.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:03 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 amIf you state "I exist" is an objective statement, then it is fundamentally subjective, i.e. intersubjective via human [subject] made framework and system.
There is no 'you' stating 'I exist'

'I exist' is the unknown known.

There is no 'you' to know the unknown known. (unclaimed)

You are the unknown known. (unclaimed) (there is no other framework by which the you is known) you are known because you are not known.

Subject and Object are ONE ..in the same instant, namely, now.

One does not come before the other or come after the other. One is indivisible, tis only concepts/language that divides and language is a mental construct an illusion.

One is not an illusion, because one is all there is...which is everything as both the knower internal and the known external.
This one is not in relationship, it only appears to be for the sake of dual communication... but no one is communicating with another, there is only this beginingless source... from source to source an endless spring.
Your 'unknown known' is a deception.