Is hate good? Should we allow the censorship of hate speech?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Is hate good? Should we allow the censorship of hate speech?

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm GreatestIAm, there is a perceptable difference between religious moderates and fanatical ideologues.
Sure, but if they fly the same flag, the cross or the star and crescent, for instance, how do you tell the good ones from the bad ones or the right from the left?
my hope is they (within their own religious camps) - will rise up and deny/reject/ and even make war with the funies among them.

the fate of the world is not up to you (Gnostic) nor me (Atheist) - both of us are too small a population to win such a war.

no sir, the war is from "liberal" christian/jews/Muslim/Hindus - that value Humanism over Death for those that kill for sinning against texts written in the holy books.

and i hope to God that they do declair war on their pinheaded brethren, to save the world from mindless death.

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm It seems you think that there are both good and bad in all the various denominations. You would likely be correct but again, how do you tell the good from the evil?

Regards
DL
see above - it is more important that those within the "Camp" of believers in the mainline religions - see the evil and fight it!!!!!!!!!!!

for as i said above - you and i and our camps do not have the numbers needed to win.

those in the camp i speak of who are not fundies DO HAVE the Numbers!!!!!!!! - the fate of the world is up to them (not us).

I wish them well and will help them if/when they rise up.

Fundies in all faiths are outnumbered by the religious of good conscience (by 4 to 1) --------------now do they have the balls???????????

that is the question.

and of that not so sure sadly.

----------------

BTW not a hypocrite!!!!!!!!! its easy to have balls in a Western Nation..................not so in say Pakistan, where one of conscience as a Muslim with a mind and against his fundies..............will probably get killed (with is whole family).

I'm not a dick, if i had the missfortune to be born in such a shithole, i'd have the same conscience i have now - but would value the life of my family over "balling up" and combating the asshole fundies that rule over my land.

just sayin.

the prob is simple, as is the solution.

being judgmental not so much in the real word - not for the Humble.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hate is taxing on all parties. It's not worth it.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am Hate is taxing on all parties. It's not worth it.
depends upon who starts it.

if the other party starts it, it is ok, needed and even moral to return the hate.

like the schoolyrd bully - if you to not strike, it only is a green light for more hate from the bully that started it!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:37 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm GreatestIAm, there is a perceptable difference between religious moderates and fanatical ideologues.
Sure, but if they fly the same flag, the cross or the star and crescent, for instance, how do you tell the good ones from the bad ones or the right from the left?
my hope is they (within their own religious camps) - will rise up and deny/reject/ and even make war with the funies among them.

the fate of the world is not up to you (Gnostic) nor me (Atheist) - both of us are too small a population to win such a war.

no sir, the war is from "liberal" christian/jews/Muslim/Hindus - that value Humanism over Death for those that kill for sinning against texts written in the holy books.

and i hope to God that they do declair war on their pinheaded brethren, to save the world from mindless death.

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm It seems you think that there are both good and bad in all the various denominations. You would likely be correct but again, how do you tell the good from the evil?

Regards
DL
see above - it is more important that those within the "Camp" of believers in the mainline religions - see the evil and fight it!!!!!!!!!!!

for as i said above - you and i and our camps do not have the numbers needed to win.

those in the camp i speak of who are not fundies DO HAVE the Numbers!!!!!!!! - the fate of the world is up to them (not us).

I wish them well and will help them if/when they rise up.

Fundies in all faiths are outnumbered by the religious of good conscience (by 4 to 1) --------------now do they have the balls???????????

that is the question.

and of that not so sure sadly.

----------------

BTW not a hypocrite!!!!!!!!! its easy to have balls in a Western Nation..................not so in say Pakistan, where one of conscience as a Muslim with a mind and against his fundies..............will probably get killed (with is whole family).

I'm not a dick, if i had the missfortune to be born in such a shithole, i'd have the same conscience i have now - but would value the life of my family over "balling up" and combating the asshole fundies that rule over my land.

just sayin.

the prob is simple, as is the solution.

being judgmental not so much in the real word - not for the Humble.
Yet your solution is to have the left judge the right.

I do not agree that the numbers of people like you and I are the minority. We are just not vocal enough.

My estimates of free thinkers is climbing daily as fewer and fewer of us in the West are not recognizing the fraudulent nature of religions and their lying clergy. Gullibility is on the wane and more are moving to religions that put man above the imaginary Gods, --- where we belong.

Have faith my friend.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 am Hate is taxing on all parties. It's not worth it.
So winning WWII and the U.S. civil war against slavery was not worth the hate that was generated to win those two conflicts.

Think again my friend. There is a time for love and a time for hate.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:04 am

if the other party starts it, it is ok, needed and even moral to return the hate.

like the schoolyrd bully - if you to not strike, it only is a green light for more hate from the bully that started it!
I agree.

As Socrates said, love your enemy, but only after you defeat him or make him your friend. To reward an enemy with love is to reward evil and that is counterproductive.

Regards
DL
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:49 pm

I agree.

As Socrates said, love your enemy, but only after you defeat him or make him your friend. To reward an enemy with love is to reward evil and that is counterproductive.

Regards
DL
Considering we were talking about hate speech, which usually points to blind, ignorant hate, I stand by what I've said. Besides, hate does eat you alive. So, enjoy it if you must.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:27 am

I agree.

Regards
DL
Considering we were talking about hate speech, which usually points to blind, ignorant hate, I stand by what I've said. Besides, hate does eat you alive. So, enjoy it if you must.
So the North's hate against the Southern slavery and the West's hate for Hitler led to ignorant hate instead of a better world.

Ok.

You show how poorly you think.

Regards
DL
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 pm

I agree.

Regards
DL
So the North's hate against the Southern slavery and the West's hate for Hitler led to ignorant hate instead of a better world.

Ok.

Regards
DL
Whatever. Go enjoy it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Ok.

Regards
DL
Whatever. Go enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Regards
DL
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Hate speech should remain illegal because people who look or behave differently are usually good citizens. Sometimes people who look and behave like the dominant group are actual criminals. Hate speech leads to civil unrest which is unjustifiable morally or practically, as the only way to identify criminals or potential criminals is the way of law and order in a free society.

True, it is good to protest after the manner of freedom of speech. However freedom of speech, including that by protesters does not include breaking of recognisable laws.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm Hate speech should remain illegal because people who look or behave differently are usually good citizens. Sometimes people who look and behave like the dominant group are actual criminals. Hate speech leads to civil unrest which is unjustifiable morally or practically, as the only way to identify criminals or potential criminals is the way of law and order in a free society.

True, it is good to protest after the manner of freedom of speech. However freedom of speech, including that by protesters does not include breaking of recognisable laws.

By the standard you set, the North could not have spoken out against slavery in the South and no one could have bad mouthed Hitler to get us to enter WWII.

Hate speech, in those cases lead to civil unrest for sure and look the benefits for the good citizens you say should not have heard it.

"people who look or behave differently are are usually good citizens."

Were Hitler and his minions or the Southern slave owners good citizens?

Regards
DL
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 pm
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm Hate speech should remain illegal because people who look or behave differently are usually good citizens. Sometimes people who look and behave like the dominant group are actual criminals. Hate speech leads to civil unrest which is unjustifiable morally or practically, as the only way to identify criminals or potential criminals is the way of law and order in a free society.

By the standard you set, the North could not have spoken out against slavery in the South and no one could have bad mouthed Hitler to get us to enter WWII.

Hate speech, in those cases lead to civil unrest for sure and look the benefits for the good citizens you say should not have heard it.

Regards
DL
But by the standard I set the South was at fault for using hate speech against people who had black bodies.

By the standard I set Hitler was at fault for using hate speech against people of a different religion, different sexual orientation, different level of intelligemce, and different ethnicity.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:06 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Regards
DL
But by the standard I set the South was at fault for using hate speech against people who had black bodies.

By the standard I set Hitler was at fault for using hate speech against people of a different religion, different sexual orientation, different level of intelligemce, and different ethnicity.
And so were the North and the anti Hitler crowd, by your standards.

Is this post your way of recanting?

If so, thanks.

If not, what the hell is it if not a deflection?

Regards
DL
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:14 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Ok.

Regards
DL
Whatever. Go enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Regards
DL
I don't YouTube.