Music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Music

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:25 am and not for the spin that you applied.

??? did i imply anything?

if so i welcome you showing what i implied.

---or applied.....for that matter.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:25 am
* As an exception, I did hear that Gregory Peck actually portrayed himself, personality-wise, when he acted the part of Atticus Finch in Harper Lee's, To Kill A Mockingbird. Pretty sure I heard it on NPR, in an interview with Scout in her eye-witness account, which in that case is strong evidence.
??? would like to know more about this.

IMO Peck was one of the most overated actors of all time (on par with the low bar of Victor Mature/John Wayne - IMO i thought he sucked - seemed "Wooden" in all his roles - and also played the same role (himself?) - his voice was tops, as his phisical stature - which is what got him where he got acting wise IMO.

if he were short and had a shrill voice he would not even get to Micky Roonie status (who was a far shorter and far better actor BTW!!!!!!!).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

BTW Robert Duvall is one of the best actors of all time.

Shelly any relation? she was great in The Shinning - just bought the bluray of for 5 bucks from wallyworld. great movie. never understood it untll rewatching it last week.

indian burial ground...............it now makes sense (more aptly more sense.........still the whole "Reincarnation implicationss via the last phot shot at the ending showing nickelson 60 yrs prior).
Walker

Post by Walker »

Have you yet realized that this movie stuff is in the wrong thread?

Captain Horatio Hornblower is a good old movie starring Peck.

He portrayed Kipling’s IF description of a man.
Walker

Post by Walker »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:48 am BTW Robert Duvall is one of the best actors of all time.

Shelly any relation? she was great in The Shinning - just bought the bluray of for 5 bucks from wallyworld. great movie. never understood it untll rewatching it last week.

indian burial ground...............it now makes sense (more aptly more sense.........still the whole "Reincarnation implicationss via the last phot shot at the ending showing nickelson 60 yrs prior).
Duvall overacts a bit but he does it well, projects a lot of personality.

Agree about Shelly when she was great, did you observe how her strength increased each time she swung the bat?

Jack starred in a good movie, The Border. Low key, he acted a character and not a caricature. A lot of these old actors drift into caricature.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:19 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:48 am BTW Robert Duvall is one of the best actors of all time.

Duvall overacts a bit but he does it well, projects a lot of personality.

Agree about Shelly when she was great, did you observe how her strength increased each time she swung the bat?

Jack starred in a good movie, The Border. Low key, he acted a character and not a caricature. A lot of these old actors drift into caricature.

I rem that movie "the border" - been years and years. wasn't that big butted what her name in that? first role? or maybe just imagined it?

......damn i suck with names - what her name? latino gal.

........fk now will have to do a google.
Last edited by gaffo on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

jennifer lopez.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman