Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker »

The authority of the executive branch of government is being undermined for political purposes, and it's not being undermined by political discussion, gaffo.

I've shown evidence.

You've mouthed off. Sad. :wink:

You should get your facts together before you accuse, etc.

As far as your cultist crap goes, I don't know what you're talking about. You're speaking from the interior of your own noggin with that one, old fella.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 pm Hola DP. how have you been?

The infrequently glorious FPD is in largely good health, although some of the stupidity on this site that shitwits are trying to flog as philosophy is causing my anus to bleed. Which hurts a little.

Don Hertzfeldt!

thanks for the reference - been a fan of that comic/artistic genius for 20 yrs now.
gaffo

Re: Re:

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:00 am Do you believe that there should now be no need for would-be Presidents to present their finances for audit?

Do you believe that there should now be no need for would-be Presidents to separate themselves from their businesses while in office to prevent conflicts of interest? (Giving assets to your children to mind would not be accepted as proper separation in any company in the world).

Do you believe that Presidents can simply sack any person employed to investigate him?

Do you believe that using state assets to harass Stormy Daniels before her testifying is proper?

Don't talk about liberal hypocrisy when your own is simply outrageous. As I said before, both sides are hypocritical because it's just one of many forms of deception used in power play. We can either play the games, ignore them or expose them.
yep, sadly Cultist tRumpbots have lowered the standards.

from now on - assuming we will have elections - the elected will no longer need to show their taxes, nor show they are not a manchurian candidate.

Rump lower he bar and eroded the Rule of Law in American to ensure future presidents will not longer need to follow rules of law ;-/.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:17 am You don’t know what you’re talking about.
There's no cause to dig into Trump's life.

Trump had a long public career before he was elected.

The people who elected him had a pretty good idea of who they were electing.

They had to.
He was the dark horse.

And, his popularity is increasing. That's because he's proving his mettle. :wink:

Obama, on the other hand, came out of nowhere.

He wasn’t elected because of his record.
He wasn’t elected because his past was known.
He wasn’t elected on his accomplishments, because he had none.
He wasn't elected because he was vetted by the press.

He was elected on personality, and undefined hopey-change.

He captured the gullible vote.
you are so full of shit it ain't funny tRump is tied to the mob/drug deals while in real-estate in NYC, and who knows what else.

but you don't care your head is too far buried up his ass you are passing out in ecstasy/lack of oxygen - fainting over der fueror.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Those are all facts you quoted, not my opinion.

Your problem, well at least part of it, is with the facts.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm “We’ve accomplished a lot with respect to NATO… everyone has agreed to substantially up their commitment, they are going to up it to levels they never thought of before.”
- POTUS Trump

:lol: :lol:

How can you not like the guy.
Wow! You really belive his bullshit. Obama already did this. Now you won't hear me arguing against the idea that some European countries were shirking their commitments to NATO and it'll be a good thing if they pay more as we can then have more of a say rather than NATO just being an extension of the US hegemony not sure the US military will like that tho.
If the EU survives and integrates more then it's obvious that given Obama's refocusing on the Pacific and Trump's current direction with Russia then they'll need to seriously consider an EU army ad not sure we can trust the US anymore but at least no more ME debacles. Shame we won't be in it as it could be a pretty interesting professional military, eastern European squaddies, BrIrish military training and structure; French and German engineering, Dutch and Swiss small arms, etc.
Still more interesting is that we might vote in our own brand of loon who if he gets in might try to leave NATO and remove all your airbases.will also be more friendly to Iran than Saudi and definitely never be going on anymore adventures in the ME.

The rest of your stuff is just waffle.
agree with your above perspective,

but you have your own IDIOTS (Brexit bots) - May looks to be soon gone. I bet your next PM old Boris will MBGA!!!!!!!!!!!

will Boris sell you a hat or two too?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

I've got my eye on 10 or so British movies/TV shows via amazon UK - I made out like a bandit 2 yrs ago - and after May is removed i expect the pound to fall again.

I'll be keeping an eye on the exchange rate over the next month or two and buy when the buying is good for me ;-).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm The constitution clearly states the requirements to be a POTUS.
who cares what the Constitutions says.

its outdated.

we have Trump now.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greta wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:14 pm Whatever happens now, the seeds of tyranny have been planted with the effective removal of standards regarding presidential financial transparency and conflicts of interest.
precisely - per my earlier post ;-(.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:28 am
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm
Walker wrote:...

Mr. President, you’re not the only free-thinker to think that. Some even wonder how the self-described communist Van Jones managed to get the ear of that president.
Or that the current Prez is besty friends with a lieutenant colonel of the KGB?
I read that the indictments of the Russians state no evidence, only unsupported conclusions.

Sounds familiar.

Rationally:

It's political theater that the Left hopes will stick with repetition.

That, and timing the release with Trump’s Russian visit, sounds like more resistance from beauracratic fiefdoms to destabilize the constitutionally-elected executive branch.

Hows that North Korean "Photo op" (which i stated was and you denied it was so) meeting go? old Kim now says he made no promise to stop making nukes!

but its still "success!" for you - maybe you could not hear Kim say so - you ears buried in Trumps ass so deep.
Walker

Post by Walker »

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings.
However, there aren't any fat ladies in NK.

gaffo, you’re sounding coo coo.

You can sing solo, and await your chorus.
Greta

Post by Greta »

-1- wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:04 am
Greta wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:49 pm No, it is not hypocritical by wanting at least some some semblance or pretence of probity in governance.

There is no need for you to incoherently babble against me in what looks like a desperate attempt to justify the idiotic comments you made earlier. Why not just admit that you stuffed up before and move on?
Greta, you are simply insulting me over and over and over, and demand without presenting reasonable arguments that I capitulate to your arguments.

I expected more of a site moderator. Much more.

For my exit statement from this thread: I won't take the blame for your not seeing reason in my posts.
You accused me of being a hypocrite because I expected some level of probity from governments of whatever stripe. If you are to make such asinine claims then expect a bollocking - from site moderators or anyone else.

It is not hypocritical to expect those about to enjoy the privilege of power as representative of the people to make their financial interests and tax payments transparent and to not have major conflicts of interest. One of Trump's first acts as POTUS was to open the pipeline whose works had been held up while potential environmental impacts on the area were being assessed. Trump is a major shareholder in the project and since then, the project has proved to be an environmental disaster.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:52 am
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:31 am

Liking Trump is no crime.
dissagree - a crime against humanity it is. by ignorance or willingly - its still a crime.
That is not my quote...it's veg's
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

gaffo wrote:
but you have your own IDIOTS (Brexit bots) - May looks to be soon gone. I bet your next PM old Boris will MBGA!!!!!!!!!!!

will Boris sell you a hat or two too?
It's not a foregone thing that Boris will get the party vote as he is disliked heartily by many Tory MP's and neither is it that they would win a general election if one was called(not that we can really call them anymore as we've aped that stupid fixed term idea) as Jezza might get the nod as the alternative candidate as UKIP mght once again split the Tory party over Brexit and this time they can't call a referendum to save themselves.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

artisticsolution wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:34 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:52 am
artisticsolution wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:31 am

Liking Trump is no crime.
dissagree - a crime against humanity it is. by ignorance or willingly - its still a crime.
That is not my quote...it's veg's
No it's not (but gaffo's response is nonsensical).