Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Fair enuff. Do us a favour and get the rest of your mob to stop whinging about Obama et al as they were only doing what others hired them to do."

I wouldn't stop 'em even if I could.

#

"I'm wondering what Stephen Yaxley-Lennon has got to do with it."

Yeah, he's a regular Sacha Baron Cohen, ain't he.
Arising_uk

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Arising_uk »

henry quirk wrote:
I wouldn't stop 'em even if I could.
Ah well with a bit of luck the mods will get bored with all this Yank sectarian political bollocks and have done with the lot of you. As you should be fighting your fights on a politics forum.
Yeah, he's a regular Sacha Baron Cohen, ain't he.
If you mean he's a complete comedian I'd agree with you although he's not as funny.
uwot

Post by uwot »

I dunno: "He owns a sunbed shop in Luton." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greta wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:14 pm You can believe what you like, -1-. Feel free to pronounce me a hypocrite or whatever you like based on your imaginings. You fantasies, however, are not relevant.

If Clinton tried on what Trump had done of course I would have been just as offput. Tyrannical behaviour is ideally not to be tolerated, no matter who the perpetrator. Whatever happens now, the seeds of tyranny have been planted with the effective removal of standards regarding presidential financial transparency and conflicts of interest.
"If Clinton tried on what Trump had done of course I would have been just as offput. " This is precisely where my opinion is elevated from "belief" to "truth". if you base your principles on specific issues, and you think conflict of interest is tied to a behaviour but not to a position, then you just proved how hypocritical you are.

Your demands ought to be universal, and you ought to apply to all, not at all only to selected ones, who YOU think ought to be applied to.

Yet you clearly indicated that your demands be applied based on behaviour.

This makes my opinion that you are hypocritical, into a fact.

"You can believe what you like, -1-. Feel free to pronounce me a hypocrite or whatever you like based on your imaginings" my belief you have proved to be a fact... my imaginings you have solidified to be true by your clarifying your position.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm The constitution clearly states the requirements to be a POTUS.
Precisely.

Why Greta can't accept that is beyond me. If it's good for the goose, why is she demanding a different code of behaviour for the gander?
Walker

Post by Walker »

“The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration. Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?”
- POTUS Trump

Mr. President, you’re not the only free-thinker to think that. Some even wonder how the self-described communist Van Jones managed to get the ear of that president.

(Aint’ it something when it all converges to a point, in the end?)

This here clip keeps us rabble entertained.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

Maybe some other folks have some philosophy that relates to entertaining stories about their culture and government? All the better if it's unfolding in real time. Entertainment is fun, and fun is effective for learning, if that's your intent.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Walker wrote:...

Mr. President, you’re not the only free-thinker to think that. Some even wonder how the self-described communist Van Jones managed to get the ear of that president.
Or that the current Prez is besty friends with a lieutenant colonel of the KGB?
Walker

Post by Walker »

It’s a downright shame that you don’t indulge in these videos, because you would appreciate the brevity of this Wisconsin country-boy Sensenbrenner, at least the breveity after he makes his necessary introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhHkWlW99wk
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 pm It’s a downright shame that you don’t indulge in these videos,
It's no shame at all to not get swept up in the kind of noise that perpetuates the limited thinking that serves you for whatever reasons. If you were more balanced and honest with your assessments, that might be worth indulging in.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:01 pm It’s a downright shame that you don’t indulge in these videos,
It's no shame at all to not get swept up in the kind of noise that perpetuates the limited thinking that serves you for whatever reasons. If you were more balanced and honest with your assessments, that might be worth indulging in.
Why else do you think we have been given these gifts, but to use them?

:wink:

For my own reasons I'll take that as an honest assessment, and in return I offer the honest assessment that you are always so vague. You should give that some thought and not fire from the hip.

That means to carry the thought through time. As your mood changes and the "you" of first response changes, the assessment remains the same.

For full understanding make the assessment an arbitrary absolute without believing in it, and because you thus accept it completely for the arbitrary purposes of understanding, once that view allows understanding then you can accept or reject, and rationally explain why if in a 'splainin mood.

Simple, yes?

8)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:22 pm It's no shame at all to not get swept up in the kind of noise that perpetuates the limited thinking that serves you for whatever reasons. If you were more balanced and honest with your assessments, that might be worth indulging in.
For my own reasons I'll take that as an honest assessment, and in return I offer the honest assessment that you are always so vague.
Perhaps it appears that way to you because you think there are absolute single polarized answers for everything. I don't. I can often see truth and/or value on all sides. What I focus on is how people represent things. That tells me more than whatever story they are telling.
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:40 pmYou should give that some thought and not fire from the hip.
You don't seem to recognize the depth and "time" (i.e. experience) involved in my responses. That's your short-coming, not mine. You WANT to see me as someone who shoots from the hip, and isn't as thorough and solid as you. :lol: Your own limitations and investments prevent you from understanding beyond that.
Greta

Post by Greta »

-1- wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 am"If Clinton tried on what Trump had done of course I would have been just as offput. " This is precisely where my opinion is elevated from "belief" to "truth". if you base your principles on specific issues, and you think conflict of interest is tied to a behaviour but not to a position, then you just proved how hypocritical you are.

Your demands ought to be universal, and you ought to apply to all, not at all only to selected ones, who YOU think ought to be applied to.

Yet you clearly indicated that your demands be applied based on behaviour.

This makes my opinion that you are hypocritical, into a fact.
No, it is not hypocritical by wanting at least some some semblance or pretence of probity in governance.

There is no need for you to incoherently babble against me in what looks like a desperate attempt to justify the idiotic comments you made earlier. Why not just admit that you stuffed up before and move on?
-1-

Post by -1- »

Greta wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:49 pm No, it is not hypocritical by wanting at least some some semblance or pretence of probity in governance.

There is no need for you to incoherently babble against me in what looks like a desperate attempt to justify the idiotic comments you made earlier. Why not just admit that you stuffed up before and move on?
Greta, you are simply insulting me over and over and over, and demand without presenting reasonable arguments that I capitulate to your arguments.

I expected more of a site moderator. Much more.

For my exit statement from this thread: I won't take the blame for your not seeing reason in my posts.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm
Walker wrote:...

Or that the current Prez is besty friends with a lieutenant colonel of the KGB?
I read that the indictments of the Russians state no evidence, only unsupported conclusions.

Sounds familiar.

Rationally:

It's political theater that the Left hopes will stick with repetition.

That, and timing the release with Trump’s Russian visit, sounds like more resistance from beauracratic fiefdoms to destabilize the constitutionally-elected executive branch.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:01 pm
In the first ten minutes, Jones he says that Fox News is more right, than CNN is left.
he is correct. CNN is moderate.
Walker wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:01 pm I’ve watched CNN.
They’re insane.
why? their journalism is shit - i.e. poor.

BTW MSNBC is the proper comparison to Faux news for the left equivalent.

-both provda crap, not worth my time to view.

as for CNN - they were AOL for fk sake! - after Turner tossed them - why view them? they are middle-moderate, but crap quality journalism.