Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4309
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Greta » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:41 am

-1-, your own arguments are almost as poor as Henry's - showing a complete disregard for conflicts of interest and accountability and rank naivete as regards the operations of and management of organisations.

I can understand why people would give up hope that there might be some probity in public life, but not to act as apologists for blatant removal of safeguards. It appears to be a failure of education systems.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 3896
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm
Location: right here

and she calls me naive

Post by henry quirk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:13 am

:roll:

User avatar
Greta
Posts: 4309
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:10 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Greta » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:40 am

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog ... key-traits

Five key traits of Trump disciples:
1. Authoritarian Personality Syndrome

Authoritarianism refers to the advocacy or enforcement of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom, and is commonly associated with a lack of concern for the opinions or needs of others. Authoritarian personality syndrome—a well-studied and globally-prevalent condition—is a state of mind that is characterized by belief in total and complete obedience to one’s authority. Those with the syndrome often display aggression toward outgroup members, submissiveness to authority, resistance to new experiences, and a rigid hierarchical view of society. The syndrome is often triggered by fear, making it easy for leaders who exaggerate threat or fear monger to gain their allegiance.

2. Social dominance orientation

Social dominance orientation (SDO)—which is distinct but related to authoritarian personality syndrome—refers to people who have a preference for the societal hierarchy of groups, specifically with a structure in which the high-status groups have dominance over the low-status ones. Those with SDO are typically dominant, tough-minded, and driven by self-interest.

In Trump’s speeches, he appeals to those with SDO by repeatedly making a clear distinction between groups that have a generally higher status in society (White), and those groups that are typically thought of as belonging to a lower status (immigrants and minorities).

3. Prejudice

It would be grossly unfair and inaccurate to say that every one of Trump’s supporters have prejudice against ethnic and religious minorities, but it would be equally inaccurate to say that many do not. It is a well-known fact that the Republican party, going at least as far back to Richard Nixon’s “southern strategy,” used strategies that appealed to bigotry, such as lacing speeches with “dog whistles”—code words that signaled prejudice toward minorities that were designed to be heard by racists but no one else.

While the dog whistles of the past were more subtle, Trump’s are sometimes shockingly direct. There’s no denying that he routinely appeals to bigoted supporters when he calls Muslims “dangerous” and Mexican immigrants “rapists” and “murderers,” often in a blanketed fashion.

4. Intergroup contact

Intergroup contact refers to contact with members of groups that are outside one’s own, which has been experimentally shown to reduce prejudice. As such, it’s important to note that there is growing evidence that Trump’s white supporters have experienced significantly less contact with minorities than other Americans.

5. Relative deprivation

Relative deprivation refers to the experience of being deprived of something to which one believes they are entitled. It is the discontent felt when one compares their position in life to others who they feel are equal or inferior but have unfairly had more success than them.

uwot
Posts: 3947
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

******* *****

Post by uwot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 am

Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
I am biased against Jones.
For his politics.
You are perfectly entitled to your political views, but to dismiss everything that is said by someone, simply because they have a different view to you is exactly the conservative close-mindedness of the title. It is such a schoolboy blunder that it even has its own name; it's ad hominem.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Security clearances are also biased against his politics.
And, I’m starting to develop a big bias against morons.
Well, even morons are unlikely to be wrong all the time.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Like I said in the beginning, why the hell should I listen to Van Jones define and advise?
No reason.
True, there is no reason to accept definitions or advice, but it might be useful to at least know what they are.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
I’m not a fucking moron like you.
No indeed; you are your own special type of fucking moron.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Figure the video out for yourself, see if does you some good.
Like I already said, I learnt something from it.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11396
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:33 am

Walker wrote: ...
He was elected on personality, and undefined hopey-change.

He captured the gullible vote.
Pretty much Trump to a tee then?

Lol that Americans think what they see on TV is the real character.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11396
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re:

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 am

henry quirk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 am

Why should any candidate submit to such a meaningless thing?
Because they're in charge of collecting your taxes and will send you to jail for dodging them?

Walker
Posts: 5897
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: ******* *****

Post by Walker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am

uwot wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:26 am
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
I am biased against Jones.
For his politics.
You are perfectly entitled to your political views, but to dismiss everything that is said by someone, simply because they have a different view to you is exactly the conservative close-mindedness of the title. It is such a schoolboy blunder that it even has its own name; it's ad hominem.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Security clearances are also biased against his politics.
And, I’m starting to develop a big bias against morons.
Well, even morons are unlikely to be wrong all the time.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Like I said in the beginning, why the hell should I listen to Van Jones define and advise?
No reason.
True, there is no reason to accept definitions or advice, but it might be useful to at least know what they are.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
I’m not a fucking moron like you.
No indeed; you are your own special type of fucking moron.
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Figure the video out for yourself, see if does you some good.
Like I already said, I learnt something from it.
Moron.

I have no reason to listen to Jones.

And, you give me none.

You're not much of a persuader, you know.
You quickly revert to type.

Like Hillary, trying to persuade in order to get votes, by calling people Deplorables.

But hey, it's your thread. Be as stupid as you want.

Walker
Posts: 5897
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:33 am
Walker wrote: ...
He was elected on personality, and undefined hopey-change.

He captured the gullible vote.
Pretty much Trump to a tee then?

Lol that Americans think what they see on TV is the real character.
Your methods are old, tired, and ineffective.

You're ready for the next step in your forum evolution.

Troll Master Class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANohtXQhkQw

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11396
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 am

Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm
“We’ve accomplished a lot with respect to NATO… everyone has agreed to substantially up their commitment, they are going to up it to levels they never thought of before.”
- POTUS Trump

:lol: :lol:

How can you not like the guy.
Wow! You really belive his bullshit. Obama already did this. Now you won't hear me arguing against the idea that some European countries were shirking their commitments to NATO and it'll be a good thing if they pay more as we can then have more of a say rather than NATO just being an extension of the US hegemony not sure the US military will like that tho.
If the EU survives and integrates more then it's obvious that given Obama's refocusing on the Pacific and Trump's current direction with Russia then they'll need to seriously consider an EU army ad not sure we can trust the US anymore but at least no more ME debacles. Shame we won't be in it as it could be a pretty interesting professional military, eastern European squaddies, BrIrish military training and structure; French and German engineering, Dutch and Swiss small arms, etc.
Still more interesting is that we might vote in our own brand of loon who if he gets in might try to leave NATO and remove all your airbases.will also be more friendly to Iran than Saudi and definitely never be going on anymore adventures in the ME.

The rest of your stuff is just waffle.

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 11396
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Arising_uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am

Walker wrote: Your methods are old, tired, and ineffective. ...
What methods? Just stating the obvious. Shouldn't you trolls be on a Yank politics forum somewhere as there is scant philosophy going on but a lot of boring Yank waffle.
You're ready for the next step in your forum evolution.

Troll Master Class.
I don't bother with boobtube links but I'll take your word that you know all about trolling.

uwot
Posts: 3947
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: ******* *****

Post by uwot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 am

Walker wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am
Moron.
I have no reason to listen to Jones.
And, you give me none.
You're not much of a persuader, you know.
What makes you think I am trying to persuade you?
Walker wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am
You quickly revert to type.

Like Hillary, trying to persuade in order to get votes, by calling people Deplorables.
Which is exactly what Van Jones says not to do.
Walker wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am
But hey, it's your thread. Be as stupid as you want.
Ah well, at least my stupidity is voluntary.

Walker
Posts: 5897
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: ******* *****

Post by Walker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 am

Q: What makes you think I am trying to persuade you?

A: Bingo. That's why you're a moron.

Walker
Posts: 5897
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:48 am
Walker wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm
“We’ve accomplished a lot with respect to NATO… everyone has agreed to substantially up their commitment, they are going to up it to levels they never thought of before.”
- POTUS Trump

:lol: :lol:

How can you not like the guy.
Wow! You really belive his bullshit. Obama already did this. Now you won't hear me arguing against the idea that some European countries were shirking their commitments to NATO and it'll be a good thing if they pay more as we can then have more of a say rather than NATO just being an extension of the US hegemony not sure the US military will like that tho.
If the EU survives and integrates more then it's obvious that given Obama's refocusing on the Pacific and Trump's current direction with Russia then they'll need to seriously consider an EU army ad not sure we can trust the US anymore but at least no more ME debacles. Shame we won't be in it as it could be a pretty interesting professional military, eastern European squaddies, BrIrish military training and structure; French and German engineering, Dutch and Swiss small arms, etc.
Still more interesting is that we might vote in our own brand of loon who if he gets in might try to leave NATO and remove all your airbases.will also be more friendly to Iran than Saudi and definitely never be going on anymore adventures in the ME.

The rest of your stuff is just waffle.
Those trolls are Democrats, by the way.
The trolling finds its stride around the 3:00 minute mark.

Then Gowdy has his say.
Here’s a taste.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVU9axeNE4g

I saw a picture of Boris Johnson the other day and I said, hey, that looks like Trump, maybe he could get some hair tips.

Regarding your content, we’ll see how Trump’s methods work out. He has good advisors and a good track record. For the public face, he likes to keep everyone off balance and unsure. That’s his method of control, he determines this is the method necessary to achieve his objectives, given the circumstances. He’s the president. He was elected for this discretionary authority and judgement, his history is known, his vision is known. The people who elected him know he is this way. That’s why he was elected. This is all obvious, but apparently it needs to be transcribed from reality into the voice realm.

You confuse words with action. Getting NATO members to pay their share after they have not been paying their share, even though for some countries it’s a small amount, is important. If it’s important enough for them to not pay, it’s important enough for Trump to make an issue out of it. Those who do pay, respect that. Know who pays the most? The American taxpayer, because that’s where the American contribution comes from, which is far more than any other country because it’s a percentage payment.

Yes, it’s symbolic. Do you think any president tells the public what the hell is actually going on in private discussions? I doubt it. This is why the US is a democratic republic. If not, then with technology these days, the lawyers would insist that every detail of every process be subject to a majority vote after debate, and with their lobbying voice they would have their way.

Walker
Posts: 5897
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 am

Arising_uk wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am
Walker wrote: Your methods are old, tired, and ineffective. ...
What methods? Just stating the obvious. Shouldn't you trolls be on a Yank politics forum somewhere as there is scant philosophy going on but a lot of boring Yank waffle.
You're ready for the next step in your forum evolution.

Troll Master Class.
I don't bother with boobtube links but I'll take your word that you know all about trolling.
Of course, you're above the rabble.

There's actually a guy trolling his own thread, right now.

I know that much.

Walker
Posts: 5897
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Post by Walker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:34 am

Here, I'll prejudge your intent, with a bias formed, based on your displays here.

The thread author already stated his intent, early on, and he stated my intent for me.

Your intent is to dismiss, and invalidate.

Simple.

I've followed my intent by making good points, and honest contributions.
That was not the intent stated for me, by the thread author.

And, you've followed your intent, which although it wasn't stated, is obvious by the postings, as are mine.

It's all on the record, go back and check.

That's the name of that tune.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests