The supernatural

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: The supernatural

Post by Lacewing »

commonsense wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:46 pm With what will you celebrate? Chocolate?
Yes, just a bite. :D I thought of whiskey, but that could lead to all sorts of other things.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 am I've never experienced anything that could be perceived as supernatural when I've specifically tried to seek it out, through demon boards and things like that. There was this one thing with a door when my grandma died, but it's just too stupid when I think about it now. There are definitely experiences while I was on drugs, or related to drugs that I would describe as very super-natural feeling.

The night after I had taken acid, I had this very powerful 'third-eye' dream. I had actually taken acid in the dream itself, and I was walking around my house as I began to enter into a state of pure delusion, where every time I went back into the same room, my visual interpretation of the room would change, but you just know that the contents of the room actually don't. To be clear this is not how I would describe any effect of acid, the effect that I was getting in the dream was more akin to a salvia-type dissociation with reality.

Anyway, I eventually went back into my bedroom to lay down in my bed when I glanced over and suddenly saw a blinking eyeball in the palm of my hand. My forehead started to get really itchy so I got up to look in my mirror, moved my hair back and saw a bulging eyeball between the middle of my forehead. Even though I woke up a few moments after seeing this, I remember I had this feeling like the dream became super-realistic right as I saw it. When I did wake up, my forehead actually was itchy, and so the palm of my hands - especially the palm of my hands.

I thought a lot about this when it happened, but it happened such a long time ago at this point. As you tend to forget your dreams fairly quick, the only reason I remember it at all was because I wrote it down. Maybe there's some sort of dream interpretation that could be done with this, but honestly I didn't feel like I had any special new abilities after the dream. Even though I'm definitely not the Mckenna type who thinks that the hallucinations or intuitions you get from drugs are real, I don't think I could deny that my own use of psychedelics and dissociates has made me more open to the idea that the supernatural exists.
I want to try Acid. :mrgreen:

Anyway, if what you experienced was not caused by something then where did they come from?
bahman

Post by bahman »

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:19 pm Have you ever experienced something that is best descibed as supernatural or paranormal?

If so, please share your story!

And to those of you who are sceptical towards the possibility of this subject:
Please hold your horses, and allow people to tell their stories, without being debunked and mocked. Thanks :wink:
I have tons of paranormal experiences. Out of body experience, having vision of beings from spiritual realm, hearing voices, etc.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Anyway, if what you experienced was not caused by something then where did they come from?
What I'm saying is that I had taken acid one day, and then the next night, well after it wore off, is when I had this dream. I had just taken acid in the dream itself as well.

There doesn't really need to be any greater explanation than 'it was just a dream'. Not for someone else, anyway.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

Please see the new thread, "Droll Implications of the Supernatural".
Last edited by Mike Strand on Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:52 am
Lacewing wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:23 amI've just thought of two other supernatural experiences...

Once when I was hiking through the dessert, I was talking to the person behind me, and as I stepped forward, I suddenly passed through a shimmering field/plane/doorway. It happened so fast -- I noticed it only as I passed through it -- it's not like I could stop before doing it.
Hang on, what flavour was the dessert, what type of dessert was it?
:lol: Oops! I must have been craving sweets when I wrote that. If it was a dessert, it would have been chocolate of some sort... and yes, that might give me the same kind of experience as above. :D But, of course, I meant desert.
LW, Did the door look something like this? :)

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greta wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:39 am LW, Did the door look something like this? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That looks about right.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FYI - i'm an athiest, and have been since 12 yr of age.

prior to that i was a weak chrstian - being brought up in a non-religious home.

with that out of the way..............

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:19 pm Have you ever experienced something that is best descibed as supernatural or paranormal?

yes i have.

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:19 pm
If so, please share your story!

3 times.

first was while watching TV (Phil donohue show around early 80's) - i was "channel surfing" stopped on his channel and just know he was going to reference "the boomtown ratts" pop band - which he did about a minute later.

second was similar, channel surfing in 1986, "Something told me - a feeling/freezing - to stop on the NASA channel - i just knew the Challenger was going to "blow up" and it was t-minus a couple of minutes. i just sat and watched, and when she blew up - i was not surprised in the least (but utterly spooked)

third time was in mid 90's. best friend and me drove up to Seattle for a 2 week vacation. he was big into Taro cars at the time, so a played along. I drew the "empress card" - he got excited and thought I'd meet some petty gal of some sort in Seattle. i thought his Taro cards were full of shit. Well i never met the gal, but while walking in Victoria i noted to my right a nice oppulant hotel called "The Empress"!!!!!!!! - through both of us for a loop.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:37 pm
Yes. There was some kind of unseen presence that was felt and heard for a brief time in the home I grew up in. It just suddenly showed up. The first encounter was when it brushed smoothly across the side of my face (like a caring gesture), which was utterly confusing to me when it happened. After that, I seemed to become familiar that something was there, even though I couldn't see it or explain it. The final encounter was when it seemed to summon me to one of the rooms of our home. My mother and I were just returning home from the grocery store, and I suddenly knew from outside the home, that it (whatever it was) was in there, and I had absolutely no fear (and, in fact, felt inexplicably eager and excited) in going to encounter it! I hurried to the house ahead of my mom, and when I opened the door of the room, I heard a loud sound as if something had just been sucked out of the room -- and I stood there, just feeling the charged atmosphere. It was exhilarating -- and perhaps that's the closest I could get to it.
The Horla!
Lacewing wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:37 pm I found out that same presence had also awakened my mom from sleep by sitting heavily on her hip, as she laid on her side -- and she said it did not lift off immediately when she awoke, and it terrified her. She hadn't told me initially because she didn't want to scare me. I think it liked me, but perhaps not my mom. Strange and unexplained... even to this day... but it happened.
Sleep paralysis - its quite common and frightening. I've had it twice myself - literally could not move while awakening - but know of the what it was reading about it prior.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night ... htmare.JPG
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:42 pm Many years ago, I attended an hour-long psychic testing workshop. There were about 25 people in the class. For the main exercise, the leader would look at a card with a symbol on it, and mentally transmit it to us. We each had a score-sheet with the same series of 5-6 possible symbols shown for each of the 20 turns, and we were to draw a box around the symbol we "saw" in our mind. Then as he revealed the symbol he was transmitting, we were to draw a circle around that on our score-sheet.

To get started, he asked us to close our eyes and open our minds for his transmission. Immediately, I was bombarded with a bunch of noise that sounded like people's voices. The room was actually quiet, but it sounded like I was in a room full of people talking in my head -- it was overwhelming, and it made my head hurt. Then the teacher started the exercise. Despite all the noise, I felt like I was getting distinctly clear impressions of the symbols. Yet, as he revealed each card he was holding, I was getting every one wrong! Considering how clear the impressions had been in my mind, the results were confusing.

At the end of the exercise, there were a few people like me who hadn't gotten any right, and the teacher said... "Okay, now, look at your score-sheets, and compare your answers to the next card that was to be drawn." And wow... based on that, I had nearly every one right. He explained that the exercise showed how some people are better at telepathy, while others (like me) are more attuned to precognition. I might have been more fascinated by the exercise and results if I didn't have such a headache from all the confusing voices. I approached the teacher after the class to ask about it. He was on his way out the door, so he answered fast and brief, "Yes, that happens for some people. You need to work on your filters." At the time, I didn't know what I was supposed to do with that. Poor kid! Life's hard lessons apparently helped me eventually figure it out. :)

Although there can be skepticism about the workshop itself, what can't be explained away (for me) is suddenly hearing all of those thoughts in the room. When a person has such a significant sensory experience for themselves, revealing other "frequencies/channels" that he/she isn't normally operating on, it can demonstrate the existence of much more potential. That likely changes one's "operational wiring" going forward. This is why I say: All that we think we know, is not all there is.

I think that our controlled realities and stories are suited for our comfort and entertainment, and we tend to ignore the switches that would turn on the lights. Nothing wrong with that. But there's also nothing wrong with seeing and exploring that there is MORE to work with, and that we can be more conscious about playing on the stage.

https://archive.org/details/DyingInside_201701
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 am There are definitely experiences while I was on drugs, or related to drugs that I would describe as very super-natural feeling.

The night after I had taken acid, I had this very powerful 'third-eye' dream. I had actually taken acid in the dream itself, and I was walking around my house as I began to enter into a state of pure delusion, where every time I went back into the same room, my visual interpretation of the room would change, but you just know that the contents of the room actually don't. To be clear this is not how I would describe any effect of acid, the effect that I was getting in the dream was more akin to a salvia-type dissociation with reality.
I've been here ;-). LSD is a "philosophical drug"..........so profound during the experince, but "what was it i understood".............after. "Whatever was so profound" slips away with soberness.

lost forever ;-/.

i've had auditory hallucinations with LSD too - small stuff like hearing the phone wring/talking via the phone - though the phone was not picked up nor did anyone else in the room hear the phone.
Last edited by gaffo on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:12 am I don't think I could deny that my own use of psychedelics and dissociates has made me more open to the idea that the supernatural exists.
it is literally "possession" - i,e, the "spirit of the drug" - via part of your mind you cannot access normally.

ie you are literally another person under the influence.

that goes for liquor and pot too - you take enough of either and it is a form (though different in ways than acid) of "possession".

BTW - not sure who here has had strong pot, but the good stuff will fck you up for a couple of hours - including ssllllloooowwwing time, feeling HUGE (like you are 20 ft tall), seeing stuff in "2d" (like looking though binoculars - stuff (cars/trees/etc - are sheets of paper).

refering to high grade weed, not the weak stuff that mellow you to sleeping.

never liked it though - liked the visuals, but made me dumber than shit (could not talk in sentences), and paranoid.

not fun ;-/.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:40 pm
I want to try Acid. :mrgreen:
if so a couple of tips:

1. take 1/2 hit for the first time
2. be with someone you know, and trust and make sure they remain sober during your trip.

3. (sorry just thought of it - so 3 tips -lol) be in comfortable surroundings (you home or the friends home).

-----------

you can try a full hit the second time - but still #2 and #3 above should apply,
Greta

Post by Greta »

Acid never worked for me, mostly just making me paranoid. I do remember one time thinking that every little thing was significant - the coffee cup was sitting at the corner of the table and that was the only place that the cup could be at that time - it had to be exactly in that spot etc. LSD basically brings on a massive case of pareidolia, seeing patterns in what is actually chaotic.

Any great insights from such drugs will probably only come from dumb luck - that the patterns or dynamics one observes and sees as deeply significant by some fluke actually turn out to be significant. Psychoactive drugs increase the range of ideas one considers or notices, but the "sober editor" the next day runs a big red line through most remembered "inspirations".
Greta

Post by Greta »

Whether any of these events are "supernatural" or "unusual nature" is another matter.