Witchcraft

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Systematic

Witchcraft

Post by Systematic »

Had I the choice between atheism and christianity, I would choose atheism. But if you are an atheist, consider this: How many things do we know about in science that cannot be seen. I know that witchcraft exists the way that I know that nuclear power exists. It's as simple as this, it works. Like nuclear power it doesn't just work because you would really like it to work. A procedure must be followed, and you must be knowledgeable about it. Or it will blow up in your face. The christians know that spiritual power exists, but they believe that their spiritual power is the only way to be good. A glance at Nietzsche will prove this to you. Marx refers to the ancient ways of powerful women, but does not go into full detail of what they did to maintain that power (hint: it was very spiritual). Witches, by virtue of their power, are highly dangerous. But we have highly dangerous aspects to our militants which we do not fear.

We would not know who Socrates was if an oracle did not point out his great wisdom, and he might not have such great wisdom if his own mother had not been a midwife.
Atheists tend to disbelieve in witchcraft, calling it a pseudoscience. But it is very hard to study something scientifically that is hidden. Witchcraft is often hidden, and it has not been much revised since Medieval times. Imagine what the world would be like if all sciences had been so fallow. It's worth a second look. And you do not have to be a witch just to talk to witches. That is not a requirement. It would be like if you talked to a computer programmer just to get a feel for what programming is. He or she will not tell you that either you become a programmer or you go to Hell.
Lacewing

Re: Witchcraft

Post by Lacewing »

I think witchcraft is a form of attunement in working with natural forces, which are easily obscured by worldly noise and beliefs. Through heightened awareness of what is available, and practice (it's simply a craft as any craft), someone might appear to "know things" and manifest things in extraordinary ways. But it's really just the potential of nature that's being tapped into. That's my impression. Some of my good friends have called me a witch, in appreciation of whatever it is that they see in me. I do not claim such a title for myself. :) I simply try to be receptive to nature's energy more than human noise -- much of the time. Still, human noise can be fun to wrestle with at times.

Any craft can be used for good or evil. I think those who labeled witchcraft as evil did not understand the efficiency and perfection of nature, and were afraid of it in action. It seems they wanted to claim power and control (perhaps with a god) OVER what is NATURAL. Very aggressive and oppressive... and primitive, it appears.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

What are some of the things that you've seen achieved with witchcraft? I'm guessing you practice it yourself?
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

I'm an (materialistic) atheist, but I do have to say that if something were to convince me of the supernatural, it would probably have to be a more personable experience. Like encountering a 'ghost', or something to that degree. When I was younger, I specifically seeked out things like that; I played with a lot of demon boards, did 'rituals' for summoning spirits, and went out to a few places that were allegedly haunted. Maybe it's telling of the type of person I am, but I have to say that I never felt or saw anything remotely supernatural. I had a couple of friends that I would usually do these things with, and they sometimes had a very contrary experience. Maybe some of this stuff intersects into what you're talking about

I mean I definitely have experienced some spooky things in my life, but not when I've tried to seek it out. And it's never been beyond any reasonable explanation. I haven't explored the idea of witchcraft, but feel free to educate me because it sounds interesting.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:17 am What are some of the things that you've seen achieved with witchcraft? I'm guessing you practice it yourself?
I believe that the trade center bombings of 9/11/01 were caused by witchcraft. It was enacted by a Christian in my youth group. Not that all witchcraft has to hurt people like that.

Ironic, I know.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:39 am I'm an (materialistic) atheist, but I do have to say that if something were to convince me of the supernatural, it would probably have to be a more personable experience. Like encountering a 'ghost', or something to that degree. When I was younger, I specifically seeked out things like that; I played with a lot of demon boards, did 'rituals' for summoning spirits, and went out to a few places that were allegedly haunted. Maybe it's telling of the type of person I am, but I have to say that I never felt or saw anything remotely supernatural. I had a couple of friends that I would usually do these things with, and they sometimes had a very contrary experience. Maybe some of this stuff intersects into what you're talking about

I mean I definitely have experienced some spooky things in my life, but not when I've tried to seek it out. And it's never been beyond any reasonable explanation. I haven't explored the idea of witchcraft, but feel free to educate me because it sounds interesting.
Witches generally tap into the power of the human spirit. They build up energy with specific intention and then send it out to accomplish that intention. Some witches will summon spirits to do their bidding, but this is not done, as a rule, without casting a circle which is like a force-field to protect from the spirits themselves. Usually a witch will learn sorcery in the setting of a coven. A coven is used because they want to have more than one human spirit so that the magick is stronger. Witchcraft relies heavily on the imagination. Sometimes props and tools will be used to aid the imagination, but imagination is often the main tool.

Generally witchcraft takes some time. It doesn't manifest immediately. It might even take a couple years.

The other half of witchcraft involves seeing into reality, past, present, and future. Again, tools can be used such as rune stones or tarot cards or ouija boards. The Navajo Indians have a type of soothsaying where they spread wild maize seed over leather. I've heard they are never wrong.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Systematic wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:00 pm I believe that the trade center bombings of 9/11/01 were caused by witchcraft. It was enacted by a Christian in my youth group. Not that all witchcraft has to hurt people like that.

Ironic, I know.
"Bombings"???
Either you got the date wrong, or you consider passenger planes as bombs. Hmmm....
-1-

Post by -1- »

QuantumT wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm
Systematic wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:00 pm I believe that the trade center bombings of 9/11/01 were caused by witchcraft. It was enacted by a Christian in my youth group. Not that all witchcraft has to hurt people like that.

Ironic, I know.
"Bombings"???
Either you got the date wrong, or you consider passenger planes as bombs. Hmmm....
Kamikaze.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

To the subject:

Divinity or anything relating to it, is out of the question IMO. The only scientificly reasonable scenario that would allow witchcraft (the supernatural) to occur, is if we are in a simulation.
In that scenario, witchcraft can be explained in two ways:

1: The rituals performed / words spoken / intention behind are some sort of code, that triggers a desired effect.
2: The hosts, who runs the simulation, find it funny to interact with us through witchcraft (and probably other measures).

This is not belief, but my theory!
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Systematic wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:19 am Had I the choice between atheism and christianity, I would choose atheism. But if you are an atheist, consider this: How many things do we know about in science that cannot be seen. I know that witchcraft exists the way that I know that nuclear power exists. It's as simple as this, it works. Like nuclear power it doesn't just work because you would really like it to work. A procedure must be followed, and you must be knowledgeable about it. Or it will blow up in your face. The christians know that spiritual power exists, but they believe that their spiritual power is the only way to be good. A glance at Nietzsche will prove this to you. Marx refers to the ancient ways of powerful women, but does not go into full detail of what they did to maintain that power (hint: it was very spiritual). Witches, by virtue of their power, are highly dangerous. But we have highly dangerous aspects to our militants which we do not fear.

We would not know who Socrates was if an oracle did not point out his great wisdom, and he might not have such great wisdom if his own mother had not been a midwife.
Atheists tend to disbelieve in witchcraft, calling it a pseudoscience. But it is very hard to study something scientifically that is hidden. Witchcraft is often hidden, and it has not been much revised since Medieval times. Imagine what the world would be like if all sciences had been so fallow. It's worth a second look. And you do not have to be a witch just to talk to witches. That is not a requirement. It would be like if you talked to a computer programmer just to get a feel for what programming is. He or she will not tell you that either you become a programmer or you go to Hell.
Hah, hah, hah, hah! See the Electromagnetic Spectrum! Modern SETI-science, fMRI and MRI development alike and some new testing standards for telepathy, including the priming of experiment participants! Pseudoscience by religious scientists? I don't think so. They still separate between religion and science. Indeed, the voodoo "science" or witchcraft belongs to the Atheists by their moral blindness and their loss of (quality) senses, also as they risk Death by stupidity by nervous system breakdown!

Conclusion: Witchcraft is the name of Atheism, not anybody else! 8)
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Systematic wrote:...
We would not know who Socrates was if an oracle did not point out his great wisdom, ...
More that we wouldn't have known about him if Plato hadn't written about him.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Systematic wrote:I believe that the trade center bombings of 9/11/01 were caused by witchcraft. It was enacted by a Christian in my youth group. Not that all witchcraft has to hurt people like that.

Ironic, I know.
More like barking mad.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Systematic wrote:... Witchcraft relies heavily on the imagination. ...
Don't forget the gullibility as well.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Systematic wrote:... The Navajo Indians have a type of soothsaying where they spread wild maize seed over leather. I've heard they are never wrong.
Didn't see the Yank coming?
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:17 pm
Systematic wrote:I believe that the trade center bombings of 9/11/01 were caused by witchcraft. It was enacted by a Christian in my youth group. Not that all witchcraft has to hurt people like that.

Ironic, I know.
More like barking mad.
:D :D :D :D 8) :wink: