Hi everyone!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

philosopher

Hi everyone!

Post by philosopher »

I've been watching this discussion board a little, and now I finally decided I'd like to be part of it.

Some questions though, before I join any discussions:

1. Can I edit posts? For how long?

2. If I "accidentally" write anything "inappropriate" and regret, can I ask it to be deleted?

3. What is dark energy?
AMod

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by AMod »

Philosopher,
philosopher wrote:Some questions though, before I join any discussions:

2. If I "accidentally" write anything "inappropriate" and regret, can I ask it to be deleted?

3. What is dark energy?
1. Yes and for as long as you like as long as its your post.

2. You can deleted it yourself if no-one has replied to it but if they have you'd have to ask me or the other mod but we're pretty loathe to do such things as we think you should think before you write. Of course you could just edit it back to blank but given the quote function it's bound to have been saved but you could be lucky. :wink:

3. No-one knows, 'philosophers' here especially don't know, ask a physicist as they came up with it.

AMod
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Welcome old pal :wink:

The first posts you make can't be deleted. Only after posting a few, you'll gain that option.

Dark energy is the unknown "force" that makes the universe's expansion accelerate.
As well as with dark matter, scientists have still not been able to identify/detect it. We might as well call it "ghost energy/matter".
We only see their effects, and their existence is theoretical.
Last edited by QuantumT on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
uwot

Post by uwot »

AMod wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:00 pm Philosopher,
philosopher wrote:3. What is dark energy?
3. No-one knows, 'philosophers' here especially don't know, ask a physicist as they came up with it.
Page 31. https://willijbouwman.blogspot.com Don't be so hard on us philosophers here.
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

AMod wrote: 1. Yes and for as long as you like as long as its your post.

2. You can deleted it yourself if no-one has replied to it but if they have you'd have to ask me or the other mod but we're pretty loathe to do such things as we think you should think before you write. Of course you could just edit it back to blank but given the quote function it's bound to have been saved but you could be lucky. :wink:

AMod
Thanks, I'll do my best.
-1-

Post by -1- »

philosopher wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:49 pm I've been watching this discussion board a little, and now I finally decided I'd like to be part of it.

Some questions though, before I join any discussions:

3. What is dark energy?
1. 5.345 km maximum. End-to-end.

2. Well, we all went down that route one time or another. Except those with the strongest of egos (they don't get upset, they don't sweat the small stuff -- I ain't one of them) and those with the weakest egos (they feel too timid to voice their emotional upset).

But you ought not to worry. Nobody will keep a grudge forever. Plus if someone gets too annoying for you (or you become too annoying for someone) the annoyed can put the annoyer on the "foe" list, thus avoiding ever having to see their input again.

3. Dark Energy. Noun. Darth Vader's life force.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Welcome.