Is the concept of ''Atheist'' necessary, let alone real?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Is the concept of ''Atheist'' necessary, let alone real?

Post by Dontaskme »

Define Atheist?

uwot

Re: Is the concept of ''Atheist'' necessary, let alone real?

Post by uwot »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 am Define Atheist?
It's not a proper noun, so there is no need to capitalise it in English. (Unless of course you are asking about someone called Atheist.) An atheist is simply anyone who does not believe there is a god. There are some atheists who believe that there is no god, but they have as hard a time proving it as people who believe there is a god. Frankly, it's turning atheism up to 11. (It's today's buzzword(s) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc )
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

I would say, today and possibly before, that to be an Atheist seems straightforward dishonest! They are hiding something. Can it be their immorality? Their war on "dignified" human kind? Why are they not (secular/Atheist) Humanists instead? They have the urge to fight any investigation that declares souls, telepathy, regeneration and reincarnation to be true? That they fight parts of science that can lead to moral progress? That they fight progress that may lead to more religious people?

One word: DISHONESTY!

(Definition of Atheism: yes, as uwot writes it.)
Necromancer

Post by Necromancer »

I'm curious and wondering:
How does it feel to be an Atheist? Are you sad a lot, being without the hope for Heaven? Do you think about evil a lot? Do you try to relate to the World as objects so that you do not think so much about the ethical and moral issues? Are you paranoid a lot over the evil in the World? Tell us more about your lives as Atheists!

How is it exactly that you are more scientific than others, especially the religious? How do you practice the scientific life? Do you read a lot? Do you like to contribute to society? In what ways? What type of charity work do you like the most? Working with homeless and drug addicts? Working with housing issues? Being against capitalism? Occupy the stock exchanges of the World?

Just so you know, we love ya! :D

PS: INXS, Questions, youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8uzPSEery0
Walker

Post by Walker »

Atheists sure do write a lot about God.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm Atheists sure do write a lot about God. :D
Who is writing? answer comes the one perceiving what it is conceiving is writing the book and the one perceiving what it is conceiving goes by every name in the book. Impossible to separate the perceiver from it's conception.

Which book? answer comes The one that is being written right now, in/as/of/by each and every perceiver conceiving itself.

Is a concept necessary, it is real...yes and no, or else what AM I ? ...I Am the subject without name and form, perceiving the subject with name and form. :D

-1-

Post by -1- »

Necromancer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:40 pm I'm curious and wondering:
How does it feel to be an Atheist?
The baseline mood of an atheist is extreme happiness. Being in a constant state of elated euphoria. Physically, it feels like experiencing a whole-body orgasmus all day long.

You should try it, sometimes, Necromancer, yourself. But be careful: once you turn atheist, you never go back. It's just too beautiful, too lovely, too all-encompassingly satisfying to leave it behind.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Necromancer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm I would say, today and possibly before, that to be an Atheist seems straightforward dishonest! They are hiding something. Can it be their immorality? Their war on "dignified" human kind? Why are they not (secular/Atheist) Humanists instead? They have the urge to fight any investigation that declares souls, telepathy, regeneration and reincarnation to be true? That they fight parts of science that can lead to moral progress? That they fight progress that may lead to more religious people?

(Definition of Atheism: yes, as uwot writes it.)
What you mistake for dishonesty is cunning. Smarts. Intelligence. One thing you will never attain, so you stay and remain a theist until you die.

Atheists on this forum speak of concepts and of ideals and of logical constructs that you theists all deny, because you don't understand the significance of what we, atheists, say.

So to you it seems like dishonesty, but in reality it is only a roundabout reflection of the difference in levels of awareness and ability to understand.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm
Walker wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm Atheists sure do write a lot about God. :D
Who is writing? answer comes the one perceiving what it is conceiving is writing the book and the one perceiving what it is conceiving goes by every name in the book. Impossible to separate the perceiver from it's conception.

Which book? answer comes The one that is being written right now, in/as/of/by each and every perceiver conceiving itself.

Is a concept necessary, it is real...yes and no, or else what AM I ? ...I Am the subject without name and form, perceiving the subject with name and form. :D

When people say The Book, they mean The Good Book, which doesn’t contradict the one written now.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

I just have one question for the theists in this forum:

Why build a mansion to house a bacteria?

When you consider the vastness of space, and our tiny little planet, it seems rediculous to think it plays the lead role, doesn't it?

Here's a picture that shows 200 light years (extend of human radio broadcast) in our galaxy.
Remember, there are billions of galaxies, this is just one:

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2011 ... axyBig.jpg
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Walker wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:40 pm Atheists sure do write a lot about God.
LOL! They sure do. Funny, isn't it?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Even until yesterday I was a hard-boiled atheist but TODAY I've finally seen the light! Hallelujah! Will send this picture asap as conclusive evidence to god's great miracle worker, Peter Popoff.

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Reflex wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 pm
...most of it in response to all the crap you people write! :twisted:
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Dubious wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:11 pm
Reflex wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 pm
...most of it in response to all the crap you people write! :twisted:
Hear hear!

Theists have ruled the world for thousands of years. You've had your time. Now it's our turn!
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

Necromancer wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm I would say, today and possibly before, that to be an Atheist seems straightforward dishonest! They are hiding something. Can it be their immorality? Their war on "dignified" human kind? Why are they not (secular/Atheist) Humanists instead? They have the urge to fight any investigation that declares souls, telepathy, regeneration and reincarnation to be true? That they fight parts of science that can lead to moral progress? That they fight progress that may lead to more religious people?

I think they are hiding from something; i.e., the logical consequences:
To the unbelieving materialist, man is simply an evolutionary accident. His hopes of survival are strung on a figment of mortal imagination; his fears, loves, longings, and beliefs are but the reaction of the incidental juxtaposition of certain lifeless atoms of matter. No display of energy nor expression of trust can carry him beyond the grave. The devotional labors and inspirational genius of the best of men are doomed to be extinguished by death, the long and lonely night of eternal oblivion and soul extinction. Nameless despair is man’s only reward for living and toiling under the temporal sun of mortal existence. Each day of life slowly and surely tightens the grasp of a pitiless doom which a hostile and relentless universe of matter has decreed shall be the crowning insult to everything in human desire which is beautiful, noble, lofty, and good.
Now, watch the denials mental contortions as they try to refute this. :lol: