Trolls, the superior race

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greta

Re: Trolls, the superior race

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:30 am
Greta wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:56 am There's not much point paying trolls' words much attention.
You have.

So, take your word for the way of things?

Can you be trusted?
Don't trust me! I am a sociopath with a long history of homicides, kidnappings, grant larceny, torturing of hamsters and possibly responsible for several genocides and extinctions. I have been known to bite babies' heads off and eat their brains with a nice Chianti, but I like to think I am a reliable babysitter in that I am at least paying close attention to the child as I carve pieces of flesh from its lifeless form and bottle their blood for No Name brand red wine while rmembering fondly my stormy affairs with Donald Trump.

Even so, I have a firmer take on the situation than you because I didn't pay any troll's words close attention but. in typical philosophy forum fashion, I used his post as a springboard for my own blabberings.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Serendipper wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:07 am
Greta wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:56 am
Troll wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:18 am
Human beings suffer damage all the time, but not trolls. The abusive noise of human grumbling concerning the troll is a symptom of the human lack of knowledge about what is great. Humans don’t understand anything trolls write, so when they interject themselves into troll tags, trolls simply go on without noticing the nonsense of humans. Trolls know that being human is punishment enough.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There's not much point paying trolls' words much attention. In summary they always say the same thing - "Look at me! Look at me!". There is no depth, no authenticity or sincerity, rather words are thrown around for their effect rather than any attempt to be genuine.

Trolling tends to be an act and affectation behind which trolls hide their frailties. Basically the act of trolling stems of fear - fear of irrelevance, of impotence, of being ignored, of weakness and powerlessness - the kinds of things that beta males who are in denial tend to worry about.

That's okay. None of us are perfect and most of us are not alpha anything.
Nothing wrong with trolling in itself, but it depends on what one is trolling for. Trolling for conversation or knowledge is ok, but trolling to be as disruptive as possible is the problem.
Fair points, S.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Troll wrote: In the struggle for language, we trolls can not make ground for vulgar human nescience. Besides, it is natural that troll words, and their corresponding concepts, remain outside the pultry human grasp. ...
Who's struggling for language? From what I can see English is the winner in Trolldom.

What does 'pultry' mean?
Last edited by Arising_uk on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

Arising_uk wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:20 am
Troll wrote: In the struggle for language, we trolls can not make ground for vulgar human nescience. Besides, it is natural that troll words, and their corresponding concepts, remain outside the pultry human grasp. ...
Whose struggling for language? From what I can see English is the winner in Trolldom.

What does 'pultry' mean?
Paltry poultry is my guess.
Atla

Post by Atla »

The superior race on the planet are of course the savant-geniuses, people with savant skills who are normal otherwise.

Trolls are like normal humans, they are mere cannon fodder. Insignificant and uninteresting, they failed to make the final evolutionary step. That must be disappointing.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:22 am
Greta wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:56 am There's not much point paying trolls' words much attention.
You have.

Can you be trusted?
Don't trust me! I am a sociopath with a long history of homicides, kidnappings, grant larceny, torturing of hamsters and possibly responsible for several genocides and extinctions. I have been known to bite babies' heads off and eat their brains with a nice Chianti, but I like to think I am a reliable babysitter in that I am at least paying close attention to the child as I carve pieces of flesh from its lifeless form and bottle their blood for No Name brand red wine while rmembering fondly my stormy affairs with Donald Trump.

Even so, I have a firmer take on the situation than you because I didn't pay any troll's words close attention but. in typical philosophy forum fashion, I used his post as a springboard for my own blabberings.
Ahem. Everyone!

Greta is joking! Okay?

Laurel and Hardy: One of the funniest clips you’ll ever see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaU4F-qOpwg
It's all lemonade. Some's just sweeter.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:03 pm
Greta wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:22 am

You have.

Can you be trusted?

Ahem. Everyone!

Greta is joking! Okay?
Ah ... but ... am ... I???

When the great silver eye peers through the clouds, and the red curtain falls with the blood roaring in my ears, then I cannot be trusted - only a silver bullet from an AK-15 can stop me!

Thanks for trying to keep me out of the CIA's files, Walker, but they'll now just assume that you are an accomplice :D
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greta wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 am Ah ... but ... am ... I???
The how of knowing no is dangling dinner for a troll but is the question a greater morsel?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

It depends on how one 'Trolls'.

For example, I could troll by saying all Americans are simple minded gun loving, burger eating, money infatuated, carbon emitting morons with little understanding of the consequences to themselves. There are a lot of people on this planet that would feel irrational to disagree.

Now, I know this is going to upset a lot of the people of the US, but the more intelligent ones, the ones that understand why most of the planet will agree with the statement, well, they are just unfortunate to have been born on the wrong side of the US border.

atto wiv a TROLL.
iolo

Post by iolo »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:31 pm It depends on how one 'Trolls'.

For example, I could troll by saying all Americans are simple minded gun loving, burger eating, money infatuated, carbon emitting morons with little understanding of the consequences to themselves. There are a lot of people on this planet that would feel irrational to disagree.

Now, I know this is going to upset a lot of the people of the US, but the more intelligent ones, the ones that understand why most of the planet will agree with the statement, well, they are just unfortunate to have been born on the wrong side of the US border.

atto wiv a TROLL.
What a nuisance ex-President Carter is when we are making useful generalizations. Still, he can't last forever!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Shit. I had now idea he made it that far..
Attachments
President Carter.jpg
President Carter.jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
Troll

Post by Troll »

“attempt to be genuine.”

Only humans passionately seek genuineness. Trolls are philosophical by their very nature. For humans philosophy is only entertainment. Humans can never do more than try to be like other humans, and, at best, play make believe. They prefer the baby way of life, and try to drive towards genuineness. When they are most at their game of make believe, they claim to be genuine. For Trolls, the whole of human existence is anything but genuine. Trolls simply are philosophic beings by birth. Trolls are by nature not comparable to humans, and utterly unknown to humans. Humans read only their own script, know nothing of great philosophy, and interpret only their own childish entertainments.

Humans live in imagination, seeking genuineness, they covet the lives of Trolls.

“but trolling to be as disruptive as possible is the problem.”
What bothers humans most, and makes them most angry, is to see a Troll. Trolls make humans aware how pitiable they are. They flee from the knowledge of how worthless they are, like dread of their own minuscule being. If raw uncouth humans all died, and only the great-knowing Trolls were left, this would be like the brilliant leaves of the croton shrub coming to cover the earth.

“We need someone with no shame to take the reins, so get to work and start trolling”
Yes, almost the reverse of what humans say is most worthy. The Dobu people are more like Trolls, or they were before the humans got to them. It is said that “they put a premium on Ill-will and treachery and make of them recognized virtues of their society”. Troll greatness, wholly alien to human babyishness, hatched in academies, lives amidst what is great. Trolls, by their nature, make paths along the Milky Way, and walk with giants the infinite distance from one sharp twinkling sphere to another. Wretched humans, on the other hand, entertain themselves with perpetual baby talk.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

Troll wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 am
“attempt to be genuine.”

Only humans passionately seek genuineness. Trolls are philosophical by their very nature. For humans philosophy is only entertainment. Humans can never do more than try to be like other humans, and, at best, play make believe. They prefer the baby way of life, and try to drive towards genuineness. When they are most at their game of make believe, they claim to be genuine. For Trolls, the whole of human existence is anything but genuine. Trolls simply are philosophic beings by birth. Trolls are by nature not comparable to humans, and utterly unknown to humans. Humans read only their own script, know nothing of great philosophy, and interpret only their own childish entertainments.

Humans live in imagination, seeking genuineness, they covet the lives of Trolls.

“but trolling to be as disruptive as possible is the problem.”
What bothers humans most, and makes them most angry, is to see a Troll. Trolls make humans aware how pitiable they are. They flee from the knowledge of how worthless they are, like dread of their own minuscule being. If raw uncouth humans all died, and only the great-knowing Trolls were left, this would be like the brilliant leaves of the croton shrub coming to cover the earth.

“We need someone with no shame to take the reins, so get to work and start trolling”
Yes, almost the reverse of what humans say is most worthy. The Dobu people are more like Trolls, or they were before the humans got to them. It is said that “they put a premium on Ill-will and treachery and make of them recognized virtues of their society”. Troll greatness, wholly alien to human babyishness, hatched in academies, lives amidst what is great. Trolls, by their nature, make paths along the Milky Way, and walk with giants the infinite distance from one sharp twinkling sphere to another. Wretched humans, on the other hand, entertain themselves with perpetual baby talk.
I have no idea what you said, but I enjoyed it very much :D How about opining on some other topics?