~ I AM TRUMP AND TRUMP IS AMERICA ~

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ I AM TRUMP AND TRUMP IS AMERICA ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

To understand the phenomenon of Donald Trump and the associated worldwide leaders that reflect a form of Trumpism we must understand the concept of scale.

In each one of us are thousands of what is known as egos.

...............................................................Image

Think of our visible self as the tip of a mountaintop. Each ego, or group of egos fights to be at the top. Being at the top only exists until the next ego or group of egos are able to overcome the current group that are temporally king of the hill.

There are egos that form at the top of the mountain when we are hungry. There is a group of egos that forms at the top of our consciousness when we are working. When we are tired. When we are hurny. When we are high. And so on…

And in regard to scale, we must realize that just as our individual egos fight for a place at the top, individuals themselves, or groups of individuals, act as separate egos within the body of a country.

......................................................Image

Trump, as the expression of an ego, won’t be king-of-the-hill for long; within the scope of the history of America.

Then another group, with other interests, will come along to usurp and to eventually be usurped.

Like our individual egos, Trump is not inherently good or bad. He just is. He serves to express an overriding theme or temporary focus within the body of America.

In this PhilosophNow International Forum I realize that any active member viewing this thread will relate their current political figures to their own particular country. I hope you feel that this topic also directly relates to you.

As philosophers we may have come to understand that the most advantageous space within ourselves is when we are no co-opted by any individual ego or group of egos. Often seasoned philosophers understand that silence within one’s head is the most advantageous form of controlled perception. A state of being that requires work but when is done correctly reaps rewards that cannot be conceived by our present state.

So, I am made-up of the same elements and goals that drive Trump to his present outlook.

Egos are ugly, egos are dictators, egos are violent, egos are necessarily short-sighted and do not want to perceive reality.

We are made-up of egos. And I as an American cannot estrange myself from all of the perceived aspects and egos of Donald John Trump.

On another level of scale, America, as a metaphorical being cannot estrange itself from the strength of will and power of the elements that are represented in the politics of Donald J. Trump.

Therefore, I am Trump and Trump is America.

Science Fan

Re: ~ I AM TRUMP AND TRUMP IS AMERICA ~

Post by Science Fan »

Trump is inherently bad. He is a conspiracy theorist for one thing, and despite the achievements of someone like Winston Churchill, who was also a conspiracy theorist, in general, conspiracy-theorists are evil because they spread lies and bullshit as part of a political agenda. Trump is also a racist, and racism is based on scientific illiteracy of modern-day genetics, as well as neurobiology and how genes affect such things as moral behavior and intelligence. So, at the very least, there are two major science-denying positions from Trump, and to deny the truth of science is to be inherently evil. Nothing good ever comes from a political ideology or movement that is at odds with science.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Trump is president.

wail, moan and gnash your teeth in anguish that your leftists were not re-elected

"you say you want a revolution"

-Imp
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

So now we know. When the deeply Politically Correct are using the word 'racist', the definition they are using is, 'One who believes that there are biological differences between particular groups of humans who outwardly appear to look quite different from each other but are, in fact, biologically almost the same). So it has nothing to do with beliefs, culture, habits, crime, personal taste etc. etc. Phew. I'm glad that's cleared up.
Now if only they would just be consistent and shut the fuck up with their tedious overuse of the word (when pigs fly).
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

Trump is a bull in a china shop.

We can only cross our fingers that he is gone before the damage is irreversible...