The Irrationalism of David Hogg Media Sensation

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: The Irrationalism of David Hogg Media Sensation

Post by Arising_uk »

Science Fan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:55 pm How would Hogg make a great president? Have you actually read his tweets? How many grammatical errors does he make in a typical two-sentence statement? What brilliant idea has he offered anyone regarding curbing violence? Name a single original idea he's come up with that has any merit?
Didn't stop the Trumpette?
Walker

Post by Walker »

An intelligent Neiner will find a way.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Atla wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:38 am Examples? I didn't think so.
Don't worry your little head about that. :) What is really politically incorrect won't be discussed on such a forum. That's why you are hiding here.

I wonder how someone can be blind enough to believe that the yanks really run their own country, and then blame them for everything?
I see you have edited (extensively) :lol: Who said I blame them for everything? I just can't stand them for a multitude of reasons. Fortunately we don't have thought-policing quite yet.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Arising UK: Actually, Trump did have some original ideas, at least as far as mainstream politics goes. They are absolutely nutty and deranged ideas, but his craziness was original as far as a run for US president goes. He ran on a campaign of open racism and conspiracy theories in a way that even made someone like Michelle Bachman look like an intellectual genius in comparison. His claim that he would build a 30 foot wall and make Mexico pay for it was original --- despite being pure bullshit.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 am Maybe this means the boy is destined to be President? That would be WONDERFUL! :lol:
Some reasons why Dems would support Hogg for POTUS:
You missed the main one - it would piss conservatives like you off just as much as Trump pisses off progressives :lol:

The applicable truism is "live by the sword, die by the sword".
Walker

Post by Walker »

Please. It’s a puppy. After the Obama saga it takes more than a little Hogg to get a rise.

I kinda like Hogg’s earlier gotcha film work, in California.

He found a power trip to highlight, which might have been an experience that shaped his low opinion of adults, although it looks like simple baiting for the purpose of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76advGTYIpo

What I’ve learned about hateful words, and you’ve probably learned it too, is that once they take a recognizable physical form, spoken or written, then they’re not yours anymore.

People will do anything they want with the words once they’ve taken on recognizable physical form* (as opposed to an unrecognizable physical form). Give the words different meanings, leave out words, find a different focus, all centering around the original hateful expression. Just as the words affect the witness, they trickle down to affect second-hand processing, third-hand is alien territory in more ways than one.

It gets passed on. Like the little bit-o power-trip on the kid in the video.

* Thought I wrote something before. Took some digging.
https://forum.philosophynow.org/viewtop ... 23#p233923
Greta

Post by Greta »

Thank you for that most credible and unbiased assessment of the situation, Walker *cough cough*

Obama spent half his presidency trying to clean up GWB's Middle Eastern disasters - which you seem not to ever acknowledge that greatest of western policy mistakes since WWII - and Obama had an oppositional Congress, so he never had a clear shot at implementing an agenda. I will say that he should have been tougher with China, and Trump dealing with IP theft rather than treating it as unsolvable is long overdue.
Walker

Post by Walker »

California. Florida. Wherever there's trouble, there's Hogg.

Did you see what the Progs did to Trump on the cover of New York magazine?

Shameful.

Absolutely no class.

No class at all.

And that mass-circulation publication is one of the inspirations for all the little future Hoggs.

Current one too.

Trump knows that he's the only one who can take his dignity away, and he's smart enough to be self-deprecating at the right time. Hogg isn't yet that conscious.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:45 am Thank you for that most credible and unbiased assessment of the situation, Walker *cough cough*

Obama spent half his presidency trying to clean up GWB's Middle Eastern disasters - which you seem not to ever acknowledge that greatest of western policy mistakes since WWII - and Obama had an oppositional Congress, so he never had a clear shot at implementing an agenda. I will say that he should have been tougher with China, and Trump dealing with IP theft rather than treating it as unsolvable is long overdue.
Is that why he kept bombing the bejesus' out of it and decided to invade Syria?
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:41 am
Greta wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:45 am Thank you for that most credible and unbiased assessment of the situation, Walker *cough cough*

He originally wanted to pull out but there was a fear of a slaughter of those on their side as happened after the withdrawal from Vietnam. He had the choice of bowing to pressure to intervene or bowing to pressure to stay out. Meanwhile Trump criticised him for not intervening aggressively enough.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:44 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:41 am

He originally wanted to pull out but there was a fear of a slaughter of those on their side as happened after the withdrawal from Vietnam. He had the choice of bowing to pressure to intervene or bowing to pressure to stay out. Meanwhile Trump criticised him for not intervening aggressively enough.
''Pull out'' after going there in the first place.
Atla

Post by Atla »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:28 pm I see you have edited (extensively) :lol: Who said I blame them for everything? I just can't stand them for a multitude of reasons. Fortunately we don't have thought-policing quite yet.
Hmm have you ever considered applying for US citizenship?
vegetariantaxidermy

I am not doing that whatsoever! Waaw!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:28 pm I see you have edited (extensively) :lol: Who said I blame them for everything? I just can't stand them for a multitude of reasons. Fortunately we don't have thought-policing quite yet.
Hmm have you ever considered applying for US citizenship?
She doesn't need to as she's already an American at heart (though she likes to pretend otherwise).

PhilX 🇺🇸
Atla

Post by Atla »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:15 pm She doesn't need to as she's already an American at heart (though she likes to pretend otherwise).

PhilX 🇺🇸
Yeah.. looks like she merely can't handle being left out.