A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: A strange spiritual consequence of the multiverse theory

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:42 pmAs far as we can tell, perhaps, in general. But when I consider all of the enlightened beings who have touched down on this planet -- as well as my own personal experience of seeing beyond various "veils" and/or being filled with awareness beyond my "typical self and life experience" (as MANY people experience for themselves) -- then I cannot help but contemplate vast connectivity that appears to extend beyond time and space. :D Where is all of this "other-worldly" awareness and capability coming from? "Our universe" is just a human concept that is as limited as our understanding is.
"Awareness" isn't coming from anywhere, it's always there, it simply means that we are one and the same with reality itself, and it's always the eternal now. Because it can't be any other way, this was solved thousands of years ago in the East. But still not known in the West.

However that doesn't mean that one can travel through universes..
ALL is ONE... ALL is POSSIBLE... there are no static paths... and it's a matter of what we tune into. If all is available... what do we choose from THAT?
I'm not as enthusiastic as you. All is "ONE", but that doesn't mean that all is possible. Or if so then I have yet to see how.
We can't even try to exploit those small quantum mechanical effects right now (if that's even possible), because others are cancelling us out.
WE ARE MAGNIFICENT CREATORS with our every thought. That seems more incredibly powerful and freeing than most of us are effectively utilizing.
So I don't know what this means.. I've found that I can change pretty much nothing about basic reality, using my thoughts.

I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though. :)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 pm "Awareness" isn't coming from anywhere, it's always there
That's what I'm pointing to... there's "nowhere else" for extraordinary awareness and capability to come from... and yet we tap into it... because, apparently, everything is one and connected... right here, right now... across the network, swimming in the same ocean, overlapping universes, or however one might describe it... rippling, transmitting, receiving throughout all. Isn't that what we see throughout natural systems?
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 pm I'm not as enthusiastic as you. All is "ONE", but that doesn't mean that all is possible. Or if so then I have yet to see how.
Well, of course there are plenty of limitations associated with our human experience and the physical laws of our environment. But there are many other experiences and environments in the natural world and beyond Earth, where the seemingly impossible (to us) is possible. If all is one, then all is accessible to that one, so why would anything NOT be possible somewhere, somehow? Back down on Earth: When we stop focusing ONLY on the limits and separation we are familiar with, there is surely much more accessible to us from the vast network/ocean of awareness and capability that we are part of.
Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 pm
Lacewing wrote:WE ARE MAGNIFICENT CREATORS with our every thought. That seems more incredibly powerful and freeing than most of us are effectively utilizing.
So I don't know what this means.. I've found that I can change pretty much nothing about basic reality, using my thoughts. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though. :)
Have you ever noticed how much of your experience is affected by the state of your mind? We can create heaven or hell for ourselves (and others) IN THE SAME EXACT CIRCUMSTANCES. The circumstances and environment do not define the experience of it. Additionally, our thoughts are like magnets and messengers across the unified network. We can ask a question... and it is answered. We can "put in an order"... and it is delivered. (I think we convolute it and make up stories when we give it a name and assign rules and hierarchies.) How far might this go if we weren't so sleepy from mankind's storyland to recognize how natural and accessible this capability/frequency is? When we realize how much we are creating with our own thoughts and vibration, then we can ask "Why?" and choose to create something more efficient.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm But it might be reassuring to know that benevolent, godlike beings from our imaginations, may actually exist out there somewhere.
What "in effect" is the difference between improvising them from our imaginations or that they may actually exist in some other universe not to mention that we don't know if other universes exist or that such beings exist within them; we still default to imagination! What's reassuring about an unknown that likely can never be known?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 pmThat's what I'm pointing to... there's "nowhere else" for extraordinary awareness and capability to come from... and yet we tap into it... because, apparently, everything is one and connected... right here, right now... across the network, swimming in the same ocean, overlapping universes, or however one might describe it... rippling, transmitting, receiving throughout all. Isn't that what we see throughout natural systems?
We have to be careful here, "fundamental awareness" can't actually be experienced. When it starts to become a feeling or sensation, that's "just" the self-awareness of this human.

And, the complete interconnectedness of this universe, of natural systems etc. doesn't seem to be saying anything about other universes. As it stands now we can only theorize about those, maybe they don't even exist (I think they do but it's not actually proven).
Well, of course there are plenty of limitations associated with our human experience and the physical laws of our environment. But there are many other experiences and environments in the natural world and beyond Earth, where the seemingly impossible (to us) is possible. If all is one, then all is accessible to that one, so why would anything NOT be possible somewhere, somehow? Back down on Earth: When we stop focusing ONLY on the limits and separation we are familiar with, there is surely much more accessible to us from the vast network/ocean of awareness and capability that we are part of.
I don't think so. The separateness is gone but I don't see more things being accessible. We just realize far better what is already around us, what was and what will be, how deep it goes etc.
Have you ever noticed how much of your experience is affected by the state of your mind? We can create heaven or hell for ourselves (and others) IN THE SAME EXACT CIRCUMSTANCES. The circumstances and environment do not define the experience of it.
I can change my state of mind almost any way I want (and I keep doing that), but I can't seem to change fundamental reality at all. That one always ends up being exactly the same.
Additionally, our thoughts are like magnets and messengers across the unified network. We can ask a question... and it is answered. We can "put in an order"... and it is delivered. (I think we convolute it and make up stories when we give it a name and assign rules and hierarchies.) How far might this go if we weren't so sleepy from mankind's storyland to recognize how natural and accessible this capability/frequency is? When we realize how much we are creating with our own thoughts and vibration, then we can ask "Why?" and choose to create something more efficient.
I have never encountered this network before.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:48 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm But it might be reassuring to know that benevolent, godlike beings from our imaginations, may actually exist out there somewhere.
What "in effect" is the difference between improvising them from our imaginations or that they may actually exist in some other universe not to mention that we don't know if other universes exist or that such beings exist within them; we still default to imagination! What's reassuring about an unknown that likely can never be known?
It's a harmless little belief that might make some people feel better, that's all. Believing that there are fantastic godlike beings way out there, and humanity isn't alone after all (even if we turn out to be alone in our universe and so never make any contact with any other species).
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:59 pm
Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:48 pm
It's a harmless little belief that might make some people feel better, that's all. Believing that there are fantastic godlike beings way out there, and humanity isn't alone after all (even if we turn out to be alone in our universe and so never make any contact with any other species).
Well, we always had the tendency to believe in all kinds of superhuman beings and now you're extending those predispositions to other hypothetical universes with their debatable beings. But what does it really amount to; just more of the same conforming to our psychology.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:14 pm Well, we always had the tendency to believe in all kinds of superhuman beings and now you're extending those predispositions to other hypothetical universes with their debatable beings. But what does it really amount to; just more of the same conforming to our psychology.
It doesn't amount to anything. It's just a harmless little belief that might make some people feel better.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Atla wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:19 pm
Dubious wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:14 pm Well, we always had the tendency to believe in all kinds of superhuman beings and now you're extending those predispositions to other hypothetical universes with their debatable beings. But what does it really amount to; just more of the same conforming to our psychology.
It doesn't amount to anything. It's just a harmless little belief that might make some people feel better.
Fair enough! :)
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 pmAdditionally, our thoughts are like magnets and messengers across the unified network. We can ask a question... and it is answered. We can "put in an order"... and it is delivered.
This is how I get answers from my own subconscious though. I put questions and information into it, let that stuff be silently parallel processed somewhere way down there, and then eventually an answer appears. And then I check that answer using "normal" methods. As far as I know this is a rare ability.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:22 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:40 pmAdditionally, our thoughts are like magnets and messengers across the unified network. We can ask a question... and it is answered. We can "put in an order"... and it is delivered.
This is how I get answers from my own subconscious though. I put questions and information into it, let that stuff be silently parallel processed somewhere way down there, and then eventually an answer appears. And then I check that answer using "normal" methods. As far as I know this is a rare ability.
Yes, in my experience, that's one channel/level to access/utilize... and there are more channels/levels we can access/utilize too. They extend beyond our own experience. Like creatures and organisms in nature that communicate and "know" through wordless networks -- why wouldn't we have the same ability, and why wouldn't there be much larger information networks for us to tap into, beyond our own knowledge and experience? It's NATURAL! We can see it in other forms of life. We're just usually too noisy and convinced that we already see everything there is to see. We typically don't know what's beyond our own noise.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm
Yes, in my experience, that's one channel/level to access/utilize... and there are more channels/levels we can access/utilize too. They extend beyond our own experience. Like creatures and organisms in nature that communicate and "know" through wordless networks -- why wouldn't we have the same ability, and why wouldn't there be much larger information networks for us to tap into, beyond our own knowledge and experience? It's NATURAL! We can see it in other forms of life. We're just usually too noisy and convinced that we already see everything there is to see. We typically don't know what's beyond our own noise.
Well I think there are some very rudimentary and weak occurences of telepathy, precognition, action at a distance etc. but I consider them to be all bound to this universe too.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm
I'm kinda curious though, this seems to be a major difference between the female and the male mind. What do women mean when they talk about resonating on different frequencies?

I'm kinda aware that the female mind is more like a parallel multitrack mind (thinking several things and being present in them at the same time), compared to the male mind which is more like a singular focus mind (one line of thought at a time, always in one place).

But what are these frequencies? Sure, our thoughts are happening on different frequencies.

There are the global frequencies in the Earth's electromagnetic field, between the surface and the ionosphere, the Schumann resonances, it's kinda like a global mind, or a global tuning fork or something like that. Is it something like synchronizing with these frequencies?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:23 pm I'm kinda curious though, this seems to be a major difference between the female and the male mind. What do women mean when they talk about resonating on different frequencies?

I'm kinda aware that the female mind is more like a parallel multitrack mind (thinking several things and being present in them at the same time), compared to the male mind which is more like a singular focus mind (one line of thought at a time, always in one place).

But what are these frequencies? Sure, our thoughts are happening on different frequencies.

There are the global frequencies in the Earth's electromagnetic field, between the surface and the ionosphere, the Schumann resonances, it's kinda like a global mind, or a global tuning fork or something like that. Is it something like synchronizing with these frequencies?
I don't know if any of it can be defined in our terms (without convoluting it)... I just see countless pointers to it, and I've experienced such things for myself (as many people have). Considering all of this, I can only guess that there are all kinds of frequencies we have no clue of, in addition to the frequencies we do know of. If we could just stop thinking that our limited awareness somehow reflects all-that-there-is -- that would get us much closer to the truth of such things, you know? It's sort of like those remote natives who couldn't see the ship sailing by because it was outside of their belief system. When we're so sure of things, we block out other things.

I don't think it's a uniquely female capability, because there are definitely men (all throughout history) who tap into other frequencies. To experience it, I think one has to quiet their own mind's noise. It may seem impossible at first (we're so addicted to, and identified with, "thinking") -- but the more you do it, the more able you become to do it at will, anywhere. I like to walk around in nature... eyes open... not thinking... just seeing and hearing... open mind, open heart. In that state, new information comes... sometimes gushing as if through a firehose... clear, perfect, beautiful... revelations and ideas beyond anything I would have otherwise thought or known. The world looks brand new... the landscape vast... and ALL IS FINE! Such an experience would seem utterly phenomenal if it weren't for the fact that IT FEELS SO MUCH MORE NATURAL THAN WHAT WE ARE USUALLY DOING!!! :D That's the point at which my love grew for the channel we're usually tuned into. We don't know any better... and what a show we are putting on! I feel no need to leave it... but I feel freed in knowing that it's not all there is, and I'd like to see what I can do with that.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 pm I don't know if any of it can be defined in our terms (without convoluting it)... I just see countless pointers to it, and I've experienced such things for myself (as many people have). Considering all of this, I can only guess that there are all kinds of frequencies we have no clue of, in addition to the frequencies we do know of. If we could just stop thinking that our limited awareness somehow reflects all-that-there-is -- that would get us much closer to the truth of such things, you know? It's sort of like those remote natives who couldn't see the ship sailing by because it was outside of their belief system. When we're so sure of things, we block out other things.

I don't think it's a uniquely female capability, because there are definitely men (all throughout history) who tap into other frequencies. To experience it, I think one has to quiet their own mind's noise. It may seem impossible at first (we're so addicted to, and identified with, "thinking") -- but the more you do it, the more able you become to do it at will, anywhere. I like to walk around in nature... eyes open... not thinking... just seeing and hearing... open mind, open heart. In that state, new information comes... sometimes gushing as if through a firehose... clear, perfect, beautiful... revelations and ideas beyond anything I would have otherwise thought or known. The world looks brand new... the landscape vast... and ALL IS FINE! Such an experience would seem utterly phenomenal if it weren't for the fact that IT FEELS SO MUCH MORE NATURAL THAN WHAT WE ARE USUALLY DOING!!! :D That's the point at which my love grew for the channel we're usually tuned into. We don't know any better... and what a show we are putting on! I feel no need to leave it... but I feel freed in knowing that it's not all there is, and I'd like to see what I can do with that.
Yeah awakening or partial awakening. Walk around in nature in perfect quiet for long enough and eventually you can discover that you are nature. And you see the same world and yet it's so much more different, rich, colorful, abundant and you notice all the details that were automatically left out before, and all these new insights come and so on.

It's rare for people in the West to reach this state, but then it can become permanent.

I just don't understand the frequency thing, I can't place it into this picture. :) I think of it more like in terms that, whereas we normally live our lives through mental constructs and spotlight attention, in the natural state we see things very directly and mostly through floodlight attention.

But then again there is this idea that the ancient OM meditation resonates to the Schumann resonances (edit: correction, they may be different frequencies and I mixed them up) - there really are the resonances of the global mind/global tuning fork all around us and people already realized thousands of years ago how to tap into them. It's also good for health.
Last edited by Atla on Wed May 02, 2018 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Serendipper

Post by Serendipper »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:16 pm It's just that they can't reach us and we can't reach them. As it stands there is absolutely no interaction possible.
How do we know that?
By definition of universe. If one universe could communicate with another, then they wouldn't be separate universes, but connected and considered together as one universe.