Virgin Birth Myths

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Virgin Birth Myths

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 pm
The Greta mind always attacks what it doesn't understand. It has always been this way for a segment of the population. For those who are open to what the universe is and how it is structured on levels of reality maintained by the laws of involution and evolution guiding the life forces, the results of higher cosmos can appear on a lower making a virgin birth possible. In other words the unity of higher consciousness can appear on the lower fragmented level when the interaction of universal laws permit it. "As above, so below."

But the secular mind is closed. it only knows "this is here and that is there" and is hostile to human understanding of the third dimension of thought which reconciles the two as one from a higher perspective.

It is fortunate that not everyone in the world must fall victim to a closed mind. If that were the case the potential for human consciousness would eventually atrophy and I don't want to even think about what that would lead to.
I know Nick..that's why the sages love solitude...but the Greta mind would call that loneliness which is fear based of course...the thing is, I love other people, they can hang around me all the time all day long...as long as they respect my love for solitude, and do not cross into that sacred space.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:03 pm
The Greta mind always attacks what it doesn't understand. It has always been this way for a segment of the population. For those who are open to what the universe is and how it is structured on levels of reality maintained by the laws of involution and evolution guiding the life forces, the results of higher cosmos can appear on a lower making a virgin birth possible. In other words the unity of higher consciousness can appear on the lower fragmented level when the interaction of universal laws permit it. "As above, so below."

But the secular mind is closed. it only knows "this is here and that is there" and is hostile to human understanding of the third dimension of thought which reconciles the two as one from a higher perspective.

It is fortunate that not everyone in the world must fall victim to a closed mind. If that were the case the potential for human consciousness would eventually atrophy and I don't want to even think about what that would lead to.
I know Nick..that's why the sages love solitude...but the Greta mind would call that loneliness which is fear based of course...the thing is, I love other people, they can hang around me all the time all day long...as long as they respect my love for solitude, and do not cross into that scared space.

Most wouldn't understand this but I think you will. It is very deep but worth pondering.
“Do not allow yourself to be imprisoned by any affection. Keep your solitude. The day, if it ever comes, when you are given true affection there will be no opposition between interior solitude and friendship, quite the reverse. It is even by this infallible sign that you will recognize it.” Simone Weil
Gravity and Grace (London: Routledge, 2002), 67
Greta

Post by Greta »

I know Nick..that's why the sages love solitude...but the Greta mind would call that loneliness which is fear based of course...the thing is, I love other people, they can hang around me all the time all day long...as long as they respect my love for solitude, and do not cross into that scared space.
Stereo wrongness!

The higher cosmos making virgin births possible? Meaningless new age twaddle. Be careful where you put those crystals, Nick, others may need them later.

I have long been interested in how reality particulates and breaks into fractals. Hence "as above, so below". In truth, virgin births are more a characteristic of lower animals - either via mitosis or weakly or non-differentiated sexes.

Also note that Nick has a weak conception of the conjunction between the subjective and objective. he talks big but the content is poor.

DAM's misconception is worse because I actually adore solitude and I never feel lonely. DAM, are you able to admit being wrong here? Interesting to see.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:39 am

Stereo wrongness!

The higher cosmos making virgin births possible? Meaningless new age twaddle. Be careful where you put those crystals, Nick, others may need them later.

I have long been interested in how reality particulates and breaks into fractals. Hence "as above, so below". In truth, virgin births are more a characteristic of lower animals - either via mitosis or weakly or non-differentiated sexes.

Also note that Nick has a weak conception of the conjunction between the subjective and objective. he talks big but the content is poor.

DAM's misconception is worse because I actually adore solitude and I never feel lonely. DAM, are you able to admit being wrong here? Interesting to see.
It has been said that ignorance is bliss. In Greta's case ignorance also spawns arrogance and nastiness. Maybe they are related: who knows?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:51 am

Stereo wrongness!

It has been said that ignorance is bliss. In Greta's case ignorance also spawns arrogance and nastiness. Maybe they are related: who knows?
Thank you for so well illustrating what I have been saying - all complaint and ad hom, no content. More trolling. It's a miracle you haven't been banned from this forum too.

Let's hear about how your "higher cosmos" makes virgin births possible. Simply - how did God have sex with Mary? Did he creep up on her at night in disguise like Zeus? Or did he have her on the astral plane and put his astral DNA in her body? Maybe DNA from the causal realm or from the ninth dimension?

I already know you believe in faith healing, in angels, in demons, exorcisms and in resurrections. Do you also believe in the Noah's ark myth? Do you believe that people are swallowed by whales and return moths later intact? Ghosts? No doubt. How about Santa? That seems to be about your level of sophistication.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta, As a secularist you must believe that the living machine on earth which eats itself and reproduces is a result of accident. Even though the laws of chance make this impossible, it will not cause you to doubt this belief.

It is far more reasonable that organic life as a whole exists as an idea, as a potential within a higher cosmos. Cosmic need created the necessity for this conscious potential to manifest as phenomenon or this living machine serving its cosmic purpose.

You believe in an impossible accident and I believe in conscious intent. You believe an impossible accident is more reasonable than conscious intent within a conscious universe. If you seriously believe in this impossible accident I’ve got a bridge for sale here in Brooklyn you will want to buy.

If organic life can manifest on earth by conscious intent, is there any reason why, when lawful conditions allow, an evolved soul cannot without the need for the sex act be born from a woman whose purity allows it?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:13 amGreta, As a secularist you must believe that the living machine on earth which eats itself and reproduces is a result of accident. Even though the laws of chance make this impossible, it will not cause you to doubt this belief.
Yet I have never claimed that everything is accidental, and do not think it's any more accidental than growing from zygote to adult.
Nick_A wrote:It is far more reasonable that organic life as a whole exists as an idea, as a potential within a higher cosmos. Cosmic need created the necessity for this conscious potential to manifest as phenomenon or this living machine serving its cosmic purpose.
The "higher cosmos" is an invention. There is one cosmos. To split parts of the cosmos into two and declare them "higher" and "lower" without a skerrick of backup, reasoning, logic or evidence is not good enough.

Before you introduce your usual array of "secular" insults that I "don't understand", if you provided some kind of reasoning and presented ideas as possibilities rather than Nick's Eternal Higher Knowledge, I would respond very differently. The lack of humility or reasoning in your posts is, well, simply a very naive attempt at philosophy.

Further, to posit that the virgin birth is real from this inherently weak position that is simply superstitious, nothing more.
Nick_A wrote:You believe in an impossible accident and I believe in conscious intent. You believe an impossible accident is more reasonable than conscious intent within a conscious universe. If you seriously believe in this impossible accident I’ve got a bridge for sale here in Brooklyn you will want to buy.

If organic life can manifest on earth by conscious intent, is there any reason why, when lawful conditions allow, an evolved soul cannot without the need for the sex act be born from a woman whose purity allows it?
We have only ever spoken about what you believe. You have never asked me what I believe. So you have no idea what I believe. I can narrow it down for you - your assumptions about my "beliefs" so far have all been wrong. Every one. I am actually heavily into personal spirituality, which is why I see your boastings as so obviously bogus and abstracted mythology, but I don't much talk about it because no one is interested and it is, after all, personal. Not something to be sullied by all this.

However, just as I don't believe in Noah's Ark or demonic possession (except by bacteria, viruses and prions) I don't believe in virgin births in humans unless the sperm is delivered by hand or IVF. It's ironic that snakes are probably the animal kingdom's greatest virgin birthers, is it not?

Humans, however, require impregnation by packages of a male's DNA to fertilise the eggs. How do you postulate a mechanism behind the delivery of DNA and fertilisation from God to Mary via the "higher cosmos"?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Greta to Nick wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 am ...assumptions about my "beliefs" so far have all been wrong. Every one. I am actually heavily into personal spirituality, which is why I see your boastings as so obviously bogus...
Nick has done this repeatedly to me too. I tried to talk with him to see if maybe he just didn't realize the mistakes he was making, but I don't think he cares what the truth is about other people. Because the truth DOESN'T SERVE HIM. He has shown that he is so intoxicated with continually masturbating his self-serving and self-glorifying agenda, he NEEDS to keep imagining other people as horrific spirit-killers. He repeats it over and over... to keep himself in an ignorant trance. If he never has to admit what he's doing... (out loud) to himself or anyone else... he can keep getting off on it.

He claims he is deep -- yet, such dishonesty is so shallow! And he claims that people don't understand him, although people have consistently seen the truth about him. :lol: :lol: Truly a bizarre case-study of one kind of human "potential".
Greta

Post by Greta »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:31 am
Greta to Nick wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 am ...assumptions about my "beliefs" so far have all been wrong. Every one. I am actually heavily into personal spirituality, which is why I see your boastings as so obviously bogus...
Nick has done this repeatedly to me too ... I tried to talk with him to see if maybe he just didn't realize the mistakes he was making, but I don't think he cares what the truth is about other people.
Yes, he's not shown any interest so far, being here to preach, not to exchange.

In short, he has emotional problems and, like many with those issues, feels compelled to share the pain around. His pain is constant and sharp, as evidenced by his litany of complaints.

If the "higher cosmos" consists of spirits like him, it would not seem terribly desirable ...
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Nick wrote:
Greta, As a secularist you must believe that the living machine on earth which eats itself and reproduces is a result of accident. Even though the laws of chance make this impossible, it will not cause you to doubt this belief.
Deism claim.
It's no "accident".But a design does not imply a Designer.

It is far more reasonable that organic life as a whole exists as an idea, as a potential within a higher cosmos. Cosmic need created the necessity for this conscious potential to manifest as phenomenon or this living machine serving its cosmic purpose.
Theism claim.
Maybe. However the higher cosmos/cosmic need has caused both evil and good.
You believe in an impossible accident and I believe in conscious intent. You believe an impossible accident is more reasonable than conscious intent within a conscious universe. If you seriously believe in this impossible accident I’ve got a bridge for sale here in Brooklyn you will want to buy.
Intelligent creation claim.Again, the creation is no "accident" however this fact does not imply a Designer.
Miraculous intervention claim. Why would a cosmic Designer select some miraculous interventions and not others? For instance why would He impregnate the Holy Virgin and not save some small child from cancer?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:57 pm
Most wouldn't understand this but I think you will. It is very deep but worth pondering.

“Do not allow yourself to be imprisoned by any affection. Keep your solitude. The day, if it ever comes, when you are given true affection there will be no opposition between interior solitude and friendship, quite the reverse. It is even by this infallible sign that you will recognize it.” Simone Weil
Gravity and Grace (London: Routledge, 2002), 67

Sweeeeet, beautiful quote from a beautiful woman.

also, beautiful....>

I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.
Rainer Maria Rilke

"The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone."

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Yes, I admit, I was wrong, in presuming you saw solitude as a form of loneliness...but you have replied having pronounced that the term solitude is not the same as loneliness, in fact it's the complete opposite... thanks for proving me right. :D

Now can you see that other people are not what they appear to be nor are they otherwise.

People are precious, because I see that I am precious just as I see all life as precious.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The virgin birth and what it really stands for.

“Someone dying asks if there is life after death. Yes, comes the answer, only not yours.”
— E. L. Doctorow

Life after death is the only life there is. Death can only happen in the here and now, in life. The only place there is. There is no other place where death happens.

What dies here is only the idea that there was something to die, it was a lie, when the spell of that lie is broken, only truth remains, the virgin birth...welcome to christ consciousness.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greta wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 am Further, to posit that the virgin birth is real from this inherently weak position that is simply superstitious, nothing more.
Greta, do you even know what the heck you are talking about?

To imply that a birth is real - one must have first account witnessing that such an event took place, namely, their own birth.

To imply that a death is real - one must have first account witnessing that such an event took place, namely, their own death.

It's no good pointing out second account witnessing, aka knowledge of such events having ever happened,and just blindly believing such events have happened and that they are real, because they are not and never you're own experience... the real proof is in the personal direct experience of being born and dying.. aka you're own birth and death...which you have absolutely no access to, nor have you ever experienced such events....knowledge of such events are illusions, simply because second account witnessing is second hand knowledge, it's not original knowledge which is not-knowing...so what you believe yourself to be ...has never and never will be an experience for you, you will never have first account witnessing of your own birth or death.

Conclusion..birth and death are illusions.

No one, has ever been born or has ever died. There is only life living itself, all alone, all one without a second.

There simply is no you to be born or to die because there is no other than you here

And that which is eternally one is never born therefore cannot die.

Welcome to the land of fiction where dreams really do come true. The virgin birth, living is self evident, death is not, I AM the absence of myself.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta
Yet I have never claimed that everything is accidental, and do not think it's any more accidental than growing from zygote to adult.
If the complex interacting iving machine called organic life on earth is not an accidental creation, what is its cause and what purpose does it serve?
The "higher cosmos" is an invention. There is one cosmos. To split parts of the cosmos into two and declare them "higher" and "lower" without a skerrick of backup, reasoning, logic or evidence is not good enough.
If the idea of one cosmos serves as the foundation to answer your basic philosophical questions such as who am I, why am I here, why do we exist, what is the purpose of the universe and the purpose of man within it, then it is no longer necessary for you to contemplate these questions.

One cosmos is an insufficient concept to serve as a hypothesis which can answer these questions for me.

Your problem is that you are intolerant of any hypothesis which questions your hypothesis of one cosmos as the foundation for our universe and the basis of secularism. You are openly hostile to even the suggestion of an alternative.
Further, to posit that the virgin birth is real from this inherently weak position that is simply superstitious, nothing more.
It is only a weak position for those closed to the idea of a conscious universe structured on cosmological levels of reality.
We have only ever spoken about what you believe. You have never asked me what I believe. So you have no idea what I believe. I can narrow it down for you - your assumptions about my "beliefs" so far have all been wrong. Every one. I am actually heavily into personal spirituality, which is why I see your boastings as so obviously bogus and abstracted mythology, but I don't much talk about it because no one is interested and it is, after all,personal. Not something to be sullied by all this.
Appreciating the interaction of elemental forces and how their interaction creates levels of reality doesn’t require spiritualism. It requires feeling the results of conscious reasoning which you oppose by your emotional dedication to denial. I’ll ask you directly, what is the objective purpose of our universe and Man within it and how does your answer satisfy your inner need for the human experience of “meaning?”