~ Gun Problem in America ~

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

~ Gun Problem in America ~

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

What if the gun problem in America isn't about guns at all?

What if the gun problem is actually about power & money?

Power & da money, money & the power

Minute after minute, hour after hour

~Coolio ~
Gangsta's Paradise

There is one registered gun for every man, woman, and child in America.

That number is only going to grow.

Yes, as Donald Trump suggested, teachers in individual states will begin to carry guns in the classroom environment.

Then, as a few teachers flip-out in the future, students will be allowed to conceal & carry in college classrooms. To protect the students from armed teachers.

The one thing that is not going to happen is that there will be further restrictions implemented as to who is allowed to carry concealed weapons. Despite what the current protesting students request.

The only civics lesson that the current protesting students can learn or even teach some of us by example is this :

.................................................Image
Follow this -

We in America believe in nothing. We have no morals. We don't believe in our children. We don't believe in the rights of our children.

The fact that we are a christian based nation has been long forgotten in honor of our newly adopted god; Power & money.

17 children gunned-down in America while attending school isn't really news...

17 children a day are gunned-down each and every day in America but you don't normally hear about it Because, they're black.

In America, for Americans, it's okay to blast the red man, it's okay to blast the brown man, it's okay to blast the yellow man, it's okay to blast the black man.

In America, for Americans, it's the money. The power and the money.

And in this sense, god is great when god is good. But now we find ourselves 21,000,000,000,000 dollars in-debt right now. So our god, our once good god, seems a bit empty right now. Empty, as in, the gods of the sun, wind, and stars. Empty as a god we must all move on from.

Science Fan

Re: ~ Gun Problem in America ~

Post by Science Fan »

I'm not even sure what your point is. By the way, when you mention debt, keep in mind that financial debt is a liability for one party and an asset for another. If you are in "debt" because you owe on a mortgage, the mortgage holder has a corresponding asset. Therefore, the total of all financial debt is always a grand sum of zero. Now, there can still be problems when a high percentage of debt obligations go unpaid, but simply referencing "debt" without taking into account the corresponding assets created by that same debt is a well-known economic fallacy.

Trump is a person whom I seriously doubt has ever even fired a handgun in his entire life. He's not a person who supports guns, as he knows nothing about them, but simply wants to get the support of gun-groups. There is little chance of a person with a handgun taking out someone with an AR-15, who is also wearing body armor. Everyone who has actually shot an AR-15 and a handgun knows this. Too bad Trump has no clue about reality and the limitations of handguns.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

I guess, if you are looking for a thesis, the thesis could be found in the middle of the post:

We in America believe in nothing. We have no morals. We don't believe in our children. We don't believe in the rights of our children.

I don't really like to define my original posts for I view them as works of art.

You, through your intuition, can best find what you are looking for, even if you call it a specific point.

That theme or thesis is found in my earlier works here at PhilosophyNow Forums. Before you appeared.

I'm sadden by the apparent fruition and accuracy that the thrust of my earlier insights have gained.

henry quirk

edited (and expanded) slightly for context

Post by henry quirk »

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your nation, and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you Americans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Americans are a disease, a cancer on this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure. - Agent Smith, The Matrix

Fuck you, commie. - Morpheus, The Matrix
Eodnhoj7

Re: edited (and expanded) slightly for context

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 pm I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your nation, and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you Americans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Americans are a disease, a cancer on this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure. - Agent Smith, The Matrix

Fuck you, commie. - Morpheus, The Matrix
And British imperialism was not the cause of America? It is not uncommon for father's to be jealous of their children.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Science Fan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:13 pm I'm not even sure what your point is. By the way, when you mention debt, keep in mind that financial debt is a liability for one party and an asset for another. If you are in "debt" because you owe on a mortgage, the mortgage holder has a corresponding asset. Therefore, the total of all financial debt is always a grand sum of zero. Now, there can still be problems when a high percentage of debt obligations go unpaid, but simply referencing "debt" without taking into account the corresponding assets created by that same debt is a well-known economic fallacy.

Trump is a person whom I seriously doubt has ever even fired a handgun in his entire life. He's not a person who supports guns
, as he knows nothing about them, but simply wants to get the support of gun-groups. There is little chance of a person with a handgun taking out someone with an AR-15, who is also wearing body armor. Everyone who has actually shot an AR-15 and a handgun knows this. Too bad Trump has no clue about reality and the limitations of handguns.
He sounds almost likeable, but I think you might be wrong. Have you seen photos of his 'brave and manly' sons with their big game trophies? It would be odd for someone who is anti-gun to have sons like that.

What the fuck is that in his hand?
henry quirk

British imperialism

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah, it's all their fault...they tried to *'rear' us and we turned out bad.

Blame the Empire.

*get it?
Eodnhoj7

Re: British imperialism

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:25 pm Yeah, it's all their fault...they tried to *'rear' us and we turned out bad.

Blame the Empire.

*get it?
What empire? They lost theirs...get it?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

They'll always be 'The Empire' to me.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

I'm not sure why you are claiming that America is a country whose people are unconcerned about morality. From what I have seen on this forum site alone, I have witnessed people lie about the USA, claiming that the USA is a nation of war-mongers, while praising Putin, a man who has no problem with taking over a neighboring country with force, nor butchering people in places like Syria. When you claim that America has no morals, a country that has greater freedom of speech than any European nation, I'm just scratching my head. Undoubtedly there are some people in the USA without morals, because the country is so large, but the same can be said of every other nation. I certainly prefer to live in the USA than in Russia, China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Venezuela, and even France, sad to say, because I would be fearful of being charged with a hate-speech crime for saying something I could easily say in America without any problem.

I'll admit that the USA is undergoing problems right now, but many of the same problems exist throughout other western nations. We are seeing a rise in nationalism, dehumanization of others, intolerance towards minorities, and a general promotion of insane ideas like those espoused by Alex Jones (American), David Icke (Brit), Ken Ham (Australian,) Jim Carey (born Canadian), etc., etc. People who still believe in civil liberty, freedom of speech, equal rights for minorities, and the preservation of democratic institutions that enforce a rule of law for everyone, all have a common interest against the rising tide of hatred we are witnessing, regardless of where such vulgar political ideas and conspiracy theories originate.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

There's no comparison. It's the US that holds itself as the moral standard-bearer of the planet. What the fuck does Putin have to do with it? Everything is so black and white with you. Putin does talk sense sometimes. I can't recall the last time I heard ANY American President say something worth listening to. With you, acknowledging that someone has said something that is true is a declaration of undying love and devotion. It's actually really pathetic. It's a pitiful sort of an 'argument' to say 'you can't criticise us because so and so does bad stuff too wah wah'. No other country comes close to the US in military presence and invasions. The US CAUSED the present mess in the ME and subsequent refugee crisis and you know it!
The US most definitely is a country of warmongers and troop-worshippers.
How fragile must a person's ego be to resort to the dirtiest 'tactics' imaginable simply to make oneself feel as if they have 'won' on an internet forum? Sad.
Oh, and here's a gift for you. Even Alex Jones has been known to say something sensible that happens to be true. Oooh. Woo woo. That means I believe in lizard people and think fluoride, immunisation and chemtrails are a conspiracy to kill off humanity. Oh, and it also means that I'm in love with him and want to marry him.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Maybe all the hatred and rank stupidities showing up in tandem across the planet, politically, economically, environmentally, doctrinally - though they always existed but never in its current advanced state - will serve as prelude to a millennial cleansing.