Prostitution and Eternal Values

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Prostitution and Eternal Values

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's enough to put anyone off so-called 'philosophy' for life. All this pompous ass pontification and all you really want to say is 'I hate women, and I hate women who make me pay for sex even more'.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Conde Lucanor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:12 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:35 am
Conde Lucanor wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:33 am
My observation will be judged, either as true or untrue.
But if that judgement passes, according to your logic, does that means your observation ceases to exist eventually?
With regards to myself, my observations cease to exist with me. With regards to others, my observations, which they only get to know by way of my expressions, stay in their memories or in the physical records where they might have been stored. They'll be gone when all of these cease to exist, too. That's why archaeologists have a job: the dig out the lost memories, if any remain.
So by default everything you observe will eventually be untrue.

The problem occurs that the nature of measurement, regardless of historical influence, is ever-present and requires a form of consistency, premised in a lack of change, in order to occur.

In simpler terms the process of connecting the dots is an ever-present form of measurement whether it is viewed quantitatively or qualitatively, and we can observe this following in a similar format in the physical laws of the universe.

In these terms, a universal morality of mirroring through reasoning seems to be inevitable and is summated in moral codes such as the Golden Mean, or moderation as a form of unifying balance.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 pm Does prostitution exist for those who do not recognize eternal values? By eternal values I mean “everlasting morals, enduring principle” which have always existed.
The deontological ethics that you're probably thinking about aren't really based on eternal principles, though. In that, things are generally accepted as wrong, simply because they are. When I think of an eternal principle, I think of something like JSM's principle of utility, where morality of an action is actually dependent on its underlying principle, and not vice versa.
It has become acceptable in modern times to suggest that we create our own reality and values so by definition they have a pragmatic social origin. They are temporary in contrast with eternal values which are permanent.
Well, that's not my own belief about what morality is.
Should colleges ban the use of the word since like many other words, prostitution or the loss of objective human quality by selling oneself cheaply is now considered insulting and politically incorrect?
That train of thought just about started in texas, and ended in russia. Sounds like another excuse to just talk about PC culture again.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:37 am It's enough to put anyone off so-called 'philosophy' for life. All this pompous ass pontification and all you really want to say is 'I hate women, and I hate women who make me pay for sex even more'.
Why have a negative attitude towards recognition of objective quality? Why should I hate women? What is so horrible about recognizing that all women are not the same? If the Ways are right that we are losing the human perspective of wholeness that is furthered by conscience in favor of defending fragmentation or partial truths, maybe it is time to consider what we are losing.

There are many women and men who have become so identified with fragmentation they no longer are attracted to the human perspective which first recognizes the wholeness of our origin but only are concerned with temporary pragmatic concerns.

I can enjoy good female rump as much as any man. But does that mean I cannot admire a woman capable of a human perspective who doesn't feel the need to prostitute the value of her body both for the benefit of her own being as well as society itself?

In previous times men always were content with two women; one for the value of her rump and the other for the value of her heart. It was rare to find both qualities in the same package. Recently it has become fashionable to believe that those who admire a woman's capacity to "feel" eternal values somehow hate women. It has become demeaning to support eternal values and proper to support equality that believes in screwing anything that walks and call it moral progress.

It is easy to buy women whose chief value is the belief in their rump and secular values but very hard to find women who don't confuse conscious recognition of eternal values with escapism into some form of egoistic fantasy and call it morality. But it really doesn't matter since if we are asleep in Plato's cave, we are incapable of prostitution since we lack anything worth prostituting. We have become creatures of mechanical habit created by societal influences. How can we prostitute our being if we are not in touch with it; if we don't "know thyself?"
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:...
In previous times men always were content with two women; ...
And this was when in our society? Although fear not Nick_A as you can always join Islam's fundamentalists as they think the same as you about women.
one for the value of her rump and the other for the value of her heart. It was rare to find both qualities in the same package.
How christian of you.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:01 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:37 am It's enough to put anyone off so-called 'philosophy' for life. All this pompous ass pontification and all you really want to say is 'I hate women, and I hate women who make me pay for sex even more'.
Why have a negative attitude towards recognition of objective quality? Why should I hate women? What is so horrible about recognizing that all women are not the same? If the Ways are right that we are losing the human perspective of wholeness that is furthered by conscience in favor of defending fragmentation or partial truths, maybe it is time to consider what we are losing.

There are many women and men who have become so identified with fragmentation they no longer are attracted to the human perspective which first recognizes the wholeness of our origin but only are concerned with temporary pragmatic concerns.

I can enjoy good female rump as much as any man. But does that mean I cannot admire a woman capable of a human perspective who doesn't feel the need to prostitute the value of her body both for the benefit of her own being as well as society itself?

In previous times men always were content with two women; one for the value of her rump and the other for the value of her heart. It was rare to find both qualities in the same package. Recently it has become fashionable to believe that those who admire a woman's capacity to "feel" eternal values somehow hate women. It has become demeaning to support eternal values and proper to support equality that believes in screwing anything that walks and call it moral progress.

It is easy to buy women whose chief value is the belief in their rump and secular values but very hard to find women who don't confuse conscious recognition of eternal values with escapism into some form of egoistic fantasy and call it morality. But it really doesn't matter since if we are asleep in Plato's cave, we are incapable of prostitution since we lack anything worth prostituting. We have become creatures of mechanical habit created by societal influences. How can we prostitute our being if we are not in touch with it; if we don't "know thyself?"
Pseudo-philosophy. ↑↑
Philosophy is about thinking, not sneaking a nasty core belief system into screeds of incoherent pompous bullshit. Did a prostitute short-change you? I'm sorry to hear that. You should be more careful who you use next time. You are the most dishonest person on here. Typical kkkristian.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick, prostitutes are just people trying to do a distasteful job to survive. I used to work in health and safety, and these people face significant issues.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:49 pm Nick, prostitutes are just people trying to do a distasteful job to survive. I used to work in health and safety, and these people face significant issues.
Of course prostitution from an earthly perspective is dangerous both psychologically and physically but that isn't the question of the thread. Can a person objectively prostitute themselves if they don't know themselves and had not experienced the potential for their being? Mary Magdalene was possessed by seven demons. Could she prostitute herself? No, she was a lost soul until Jesus enabled her to awaken and appreciate the big picture in contrast to the psychological depths to which she had fallen.

Just because a person is labeled a prostitute by society doesn't mean it expresses objective value. Such a person can awaken sufficiently to experience objective as opposed to conditioned values. Then they can prostitute themselves

The Devil gave Jesus the option to prostitute himself and rule the world. He declined. Would you?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Pseudo-philosophy. ↑↑
Philosophy is about thinking, not sneaking a nasty core belief system into screeds of incoherent pompous bullshit. Did a prostitute short-change you? I'm sorry to hear that. You should be more careful who you use next time. You are the most dishonest person on here. Typical kkkristian.
No, philosophy is about raising the quality of questions which further the love of wisdom through conscious contemplation as opposed to self justification through denial.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:44 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Pseudo-philosophy. ↑↑
No, philosophy is about raising the quality of questions which further the love of wisdom through conscious contemplation as opposed to self justification through denial.
There is a useful little writing tool called a comma. It might come in handy.
Greta

Post by Greta »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 am
Greta wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:49 pmNick, prostitutes are just people trying to do a distasteful job to survive. I used to work in health and safety, and these people face significant issues.
Of course prostitution from an earthly perspective is dangerous both psychologically and physically but that isn't the question of the thread. Can a person objectively prostitute themselves if they don't know themselves and had not experienced the potential for their being?
Your problem is assuming that humans are robotic rather than organic, thus you effectively posit "knowing thyself" as a digital phenomenon - on or off. This is not how organic beings work.

If you try treating the prostitutes you hire as human beings you may notice their mental and emotional depths and appreciate that they are not toys but flesh and blood human beings.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:39 am
Greta wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:49 pmNick, prostitutes are just people trying to do a distasteful job to survive. I used to work in health and safety, and these people face significant issues.
Of course prostitution from an earthly perspective is dangerous both psychologically and physically but that isn't the question of the thread. Can a person objectively prostitute themselves if they don't know themselves and had not experienced the potential for their being?
Your problem is assuming that humans are robotic rather than organic, thus you effectively posit "knowing thyself" as a digital phenomenon - on or off. This is not how organic beings work.

If you try treating the prostitutes you hire as human beings you may notice their mental and emotional depths and appreciate that they are not toys but flesh and blood human beings.
Organic life on earth including Man is a living machine. It reacts to external conditions as a conditioned robot would. You assume choice where it doesn't exist. Do you really believe that collective animal Man chooses war? War is a collective reaction to both earthly and cosmic influences. Unconscious reactions are by definition void of choice. How society defines a prostitute is not the issue on this thread. The question is if we can prostitute eternal values without the conscious experience of them in the context of what we are - our "being.". From this perspective a person can only prostitute themselves if they become consciously aware of what they ARE,
Greta

Post by Greta »

G: Of course prostitution from an earthly perspective is dangerous both psychologically and physically but that isn't the question of the thread. Can a person objectively prostitute themselves if they don't know themselves and had not experienced the potential for their being?[/quote]

N: Organic life on earth including Man is a living machine. It reacts to external conditions as a conditioned robot would. You assume choice where it doesn't exist.

G: Well, if a person has a choice between prostitution and having risk her children suffering from malnutrition, then I suppose there is no choice. Otherwise there are choices, whether you appreciate the rich theatre going on in everyone else's heads or not.

N: Do you really believe that collective animal Man chooses war? War is a collective reaction to both earthly and cosmic influences.

G: For once I actually agree with you. I think humanity is much more controlled and influenced by the environment than it tends to accept. In truth, humans have been as shaped by the Earth's surface environment as any other species - always forced to change and adapt to new dangers and challenges.

N: Unconscious reactions are by definition void of choice.

G: Relevant to those who are asleep, hypnotised, in vegetative states or who suffer certain mental disorders, not to prostitutes or members of any other profession.

Do you feel the same way about drug mules, hitmen and rapists? Or is this as most suspect, a matter of misogyny? Whatever, you clearly don't like women unless they neatly fit into the madonna stereotype like your mate, Simone.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Greta
N: Unconscious reactions are by definition void of choice.

G: Relevant to those who are asleep, hypnotised, in vegetative states or who suffer certain mental disorders, not to prostitutes or members of any other profession.

Do you feel the same way about drug mules, hitmen and rapists? Or is this as most suspect, a matter of misogyny? Whatever, you clearly don't like women unless they neatly fit into the madonna stereotype like your mate, Simone.
For some reason you don't seem to get it. People are only self aware for brief intervals within the day. Usually we just express conditioned habitual reactions like running on automatic pilot. This includes drug mules, hitmen and rapists. If people were conscious of what they were doing they wouldn't do it. But the human condition prevents the quality of conscious attention necessary to witness what we do as well as open us to the experience of conscience.

I remember when I first learned that no one does anything for the sake of evil but instead for their conception of good. I raised the usual arguments about Hitler and Stalin but I had to eventually admit this must be the case. Only conscious beings can become responsible. How can unconscious creatures of reaction be influenced by the objective good? I admire Simone because she had the intelligence, emotional quality, will, and need to expose herself to the truth of the human condition and live in a way that can lead to freedom from imagination that keeps us in Plato's cave. This is an extreme rarity and why her growing influence in the world is so valuable. Madonna has nothing to do with it.

It is rare to find a sexual prostitute who has studied and practiced development of their being. If they have acquired understanding but strive for power at the expense of others and their own being. then they are objective prostitutes. But some poor woman who has become a lost soul and possibly an addict trying to stay alive and feed her kids isn't a prostitute. She is just a result of the collective human condition and will inspire compassion from anyone who hasn't yet slipped into the psychological gutter.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm Pseudo-philosophy. ↑↑
''Thoughts believed'' creates Pseudo-philosophy.

Life does not have a philosophy. Is not a philosophy and never will be....philosophy is a mentally created idea arising in the mentally created human mind, and a human is a fictional character, aka a belief. Drop the belief and what are you?

There's no such thing as a christian except the belief.

There's just what's happening because it is....saying something should not be happening is the belief that there is an entity here that can say that should not have happened the way it happened. There is no such entity - it's all make-belief, including this.

You have no proof that Nick is the most dishonest person on here..there is no such reality existing in the universe as a dishonest Nick or a prostitute short-changing him...except what is believed by you and you alone. You are the one creating those beliefs and believing them into existence by projecting them at what you imagine to be outside of you. You could not even say those things in the first place if you did not believe them to be true. If they are false claims...why would you have even said them at all....? ...so look at who is saying this...do you even know who it is that makes-up these claims about other people? ..how could you ever prove those claims belong to another person... your the one creating the claim not the other person...this is called transference/projection.

There is no one to escape beliefs, because without them there is nothing here, nothing happening. Anything KNOWN is a BELIEF.

Stop projecting your BS and find out the truth about reality, rather than wallow in the lie...aka the beLIEf

Life does not have a story. All story is purely a mental narrative arising here today gone tomorrow..ALL fictional Pseudo-philosophical story... All false Attachment to story is what gives story the illusory continuity that it's happening now in realtime...but all that's happening now in realtime is stories of past payed forward...totally irrelevant. Everything happening now is already over.

The one who invents the story can just as well undo the story...and see that it's just a fiction...but what's important here is the one in which story arises cannot be undone, it's the ever unchanging ever present witness of all that comes and goes.

This unchanging one can flip between story and no story...it can know it knows, and it can also know it doesn't know. And what it knows is only ever made up out of what it doesn't know...it's all mental.

Known Reality is a mental phenomena. Real reality is this immediate unknown silent presence, one with itself alone....in which an energy arises which is purely mental aka invisible that say's ''.......this is ''my'' presence.......'' and in that instance the so called phantom fictional character ''I'' is born...it's a purely mentally created Pseudo character.

From belief to clarity