Turning The Tables: We Matter Because We Are Animals

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jayjacobus

Re: Turning The Tables: We Matter Because We Are Animals

Post by jayjacobus » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 am

What's the intrinsic value of a person? Is it definable in general or is it dependent on the selective judgment of others? Terrorists don't seem to have an intrinsic value. On the other hand a hero has a specific value but does he have an intrinsic value? So, animals have only a specific value and when i eat meat, I am unaware of any other value. I can't say that a pig doesn't have an intrinsic value but I am unaware of what it is even when I try to think about that.

-1-

Re: Turning The Tables: We Matter Because We Are Animals

Post by -1- » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 am

jayjacobus wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 am
What's the intrinsic value of a person? Is it definable in general or is it dependent on the selective judgment of others? Terrorists don't seem to have an intrinsic value. On the other hand a hero has a specific value but does he have an intrinsic value? So, animals have only a specific value and when i eat meat, I am unaware of any other value. I can't say that a pig doesn't have an intrinsic value but I am unaware of what it is even when I try to think about that.
The intrinsic value of a person: terrorist, hero, housewife, hoe, back-hoe, back-hoe operator, etc., can be well monitored by how much they earn. That is, the price here determines the intrinsic value. (Hehe.)