Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4651
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 pm

This is not a straightforward question, in part once you consider what a sense is.

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:04 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:20 pm
This is not a straightforward question, in part once you consider what a sense is.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Sixth, or what could be called intuition.

Philosophy Explorer
Posts: 4651
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:39 am

Re: Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by Philosophy Explorer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:10 am

Sounds like a good way on getting started towards making a masterpiece. Are there any artists known for doing this?

PhilX 🇺🇸

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:18 am

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:10 am
Sounds like a good way on getting started towards making a masterpiece. Are there any artists known for doing this?

PhilX 🇺🇸
I am not well versed with the artistic community, but one of my favorite composers is a man by the name of Max Richter. He uses, what I call, an intuitive simplicity in his compositions. The reason I say this is that intuition, as a facet of deeper emotion, often relies on a simplification of the senses where a thing is observed as strictly "what it is" through this very same intuitive process.

A sixth sense is simultaneously a culmination of the all the senses and in a seperate respect a foundation for understanding them. With that as the premise sometimes it is best just to go with one's gut as the artistic process is a creative process. As a creative process it contains a primal simplicity. Simplicity as a foundation is the key to any artistic endeavor...at least I believe.



In regards to Max Richter's works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWYi_16Gaww

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by -1- » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:11 am

Those with a sixth sense, are artists.

Those with a seventh sense, are philosophers.

Those with an eighth of a sense, are mathematicians.

Those with a ninth sense are psychologists.

Those with ten cents are economists.

Those with an eleventh sense are priests or preachers, you know, ministers, flock leaders.

Those with a twelveth sense are insane.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am

-1- wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:11 am
Those with a sixth sense, are artists.

Those with a seventh sense, are philosophers.

Those with an eighth of a sense, are mathematicians.

Those with a ninth sense are psychologists.

Those with ten cents are economists.

Those with an eleventh sense are priests or preachers, you know, ministers, flock leaders.

Those with a twelveth sense are insane.
I have 1 sense, not understanding anything better than anyone else can. Considering 1 is the foundation for all number, does ignorance provide the foundations for the other senses?

User avatar
-1-
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Which senses should an artist utilize to create a masterpiece?

Post by -1- » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am
I have 1 sense, not understanding anything better than anyone else can . Considering 1 is the foundation for all number, does ignorance provide the foundations for the other senses?
Understanding anything better than anyone else can? One either understands or one does not.

So you are right by definition.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests