Born Again?

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

AtariKo

Born Again?

Post by AtariKo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello everyone.

I didn't realize Philosophy Now had a forum. Very nice surprise. It's been some time since I've dabbled in a philosophy forum, and I'm looking forward to getting back to it. I'll be defending my dissertation this coming semester, and so I finally feel free to re-enter the online world here -- born again you might say... :) Even started a blog (xanbozzo.com)!

Looking forward to sharpening the philosophical edges here. Where to start...

--- Xan Bozzo

-1-

Re: Born Again?

Post by -1- » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:11 pm

AtariKo wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:09 pm
Hello everyone.

I didn't realize Philosophy Now had a forum. Very nice surprise. It's been some time since I've dabbled in a philosophy forum, and I'm looking forward to getting back to it. I'll be defending my dissertation this coming semester, and so I finally feel free to re-enter the online world here -- born again you might say... :) Even started a blog (xanbozzo.com)!

Looking forward to sharpening the philosophical edges here. Where to start...

--- Xan Bozzo
What's your dissertation about, Boz? In a few words, please. If it's longer than a few medium-sized paragraphs, I'll fall asleep, guaranteed, in the middle of it. And no reflection on the quality of writing, instead, on the quality of my attention span and narcomania.

AtariKo

Post by AtariKo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:34 pm

The dissertation attempts to show the role of clear and distinct perception in Hume’s philosophy — most notably his theory of causation. There, one sentence! :D

-1-

Post by -1- » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 pm

AtariKo wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:34 pm
The dissertation attempts to show the role of clear and distinct perception in Hume’s philosophy — most notably his theory of causation. There, one sentence! :D
Thanks, Boz!! Fantastic follow-through with eagerness to please.

And happy birthday.

-1-

Post by -1- » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:44 pm

General Shoutout to everyone:

I criticized Boz for his paper he presented on his blog. I made a real mess of it. Later I apologized to Boz, but I don't know if he read the PM which contained the apology.

Originally I wanted to issue the apology on the blog page I created the nightmarish criticism, but the blog page is gone.

My criticism was hugely invalid. I apologize for messing up his blog page. Please forgive me, Boz.

AtariKo

Post by AtariKo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:06 am

Hi,

Just saw your PM, and no need to apologize! As I explain in the PM, the page came down for other reasons. Although the discussion is still preserved, if you desire it! :D

— Xan

Viveka

Post by Viveka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 am

How exactly are you born again?