New Year's Resolutions

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by -1- »

-1- wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:49 pm I'm not going to make a resolution this year. I haven't made a resolution for decades now. It's useless. It's counter-productive. It only leads to frustration and to realize I am a weak dolt who can resist anything but temptation.
Now, if this ain't wisdom, I don't know what else is. Eat your heart out, Nick_A. :-)
Greta

Post by Greta »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:59 am My resolution: Try to stop talking to the nutjobs on this forum. :D
A good move, LW. I've been working on this in the latter part of the year. I got sick of the arguments - would rather just chat with people about things that interest us and see what comes out.

In 2018 I would like to lead a somewhat more healthy and active lifestyle, just as I have aimed to do for the preceding decade or so :)
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:59 am My resolution: Try to stop talking to the nutjobs on this forum. :D
Why? The nutjobs have always been the most popular part of any forum who by far get the most responses. That's not going to change. The attention seeker knows that being perverse on a subject is the best way to get it; on a grander scale, not unlike how Trump became President. If there's one thing which rules BOTH sides it's the unremitting tendency of hypocrisy. In that we are all politicians!
-1-

Post by -1- »

Dubious wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:36 pm
Why? The nutjobs have always been the most popular part of any forum who by far get the most responses. That's not going to change. The attention seeker knows that being perverse on a subject is the best way to get it; on a grander scale, not unlike how Trump became President. If there's one thing which rules BOTH sides it's the unremitting tendency of hypocrisy. In that we are all politicians!
I agree. I think the mechanism that keeps perverted justice and perverted logic alive is the strong desire by all to reverse the perverse. In some instances the perverse win (gay pride), in some instances the perverse need to re-verse each verse (like people who get their posts deleted on these forums.)

I support the presence of nut-jobs on the forums. Without them cyber-bullying and public community bashing of individuals,disgracing them at their expense would be impossible. And that is the most common denominator amongst us. Even the most noble-thinking, outstanding by community standards for their ethical behaviour, morally and intellectually absolutely unassailable citizens of this board is happy to bash Nick_A or any of the other mindlost, insane, schizotypal, delusional, sick persons.
Celebritydiscodave2

Post by Celebritydiscodave2 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:49 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:16 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:24 pm Possibly, I have adjusted my age by a few years this way and that, not that what precisely our age happens to be makes one scrap of difference over our presence here. I tend to adjust it up in order not to allow the passage of time to make me feel older. Call yourself five years older, conveniently forget that you are not, and for five whole years it remains as though you have not aged even by one single day. I was accused of lying over my age back on that thread, very strong language with such want of circumstances around it, but at least I`m not one of those here lying over my name!! I was on that thread Relationship Doctor, as accused, but helping young people with their relationships, not trying to get off with them. They were in the US, I`m in the Uk, thus deeming such a notion even more ridiculous. .Where prejudice is concerned the pointed finger generally wins.
Shall we be more accurate than that?

You were on a dating site with a profile that presented your age as 42 and a stated desire to be matched with ladies ages 18 to 25. You tried to lie and pretend that was an imposter, it clearly was not, so now you are pretending it was some other thing yet again.

You started a thread here claiming to be 55 and referencing people 'in their fifties' who are followed around by other people's children. That is not adjusting your age upwards is it? When you realised we had taken up the challenge you presented to us of googling you - you then edited the post to say 65 in order to make the initial under-reporting look like an innocent typo. I was of course quite aware of your real age as you are a raging publicity whore and your details are all over the place.

Don't pretend this stuff with your age was an innocent one off, you also claimed more than once you had a following of under 17 year olds who were drawn to you by your Youtube celebrity - but when I pointed out your Youtube videos have hardly any viewers you pretended they follow you because of your web site instead. You are a fundamentally dishonest individual, all of which would escape attention if you didn't insist on advertising it.

You should take VT's advice and resolve to commit less deception.
Excellent deduction work Mr. Holmes.

It makes absolutely no difference to anything whether I put up 55 or 65, 55 being a typo, you are beyond desperate! My actual age, you were correct, is sixty two, 62/65 it is exactly the same thing, makes no difference to anybody! What does "You started a thread here claiming to be 55 and ref people in their 50`s who are followed around by other people`s children" even mean? I did n`t make any such reference, but what does the suggestion even mean, in English? Ok, I`m getting it, but any absolute fool knows that is not happening, it is called going from the sublime to the ridiculous. If I believed that to be the case I would n`t argue for age prejudice even to exist. I have not even suggested that I`m followed around, having a following/others having an interest in my life has got nothing to do with any notion for being followed around. You have decided what you finally want me to appear to be and now you are simply trying to engineer the way there. The problem, should there be one, resides only with you.

As for showing an interest in ladies between the ages of eighteen and twenty five, there is no need to take it further, this is the Uk, the legal age is sixteen, not eighteen. I have never met up with anybody of any age through the internet, and my only interest has ever been in friendships. I have written book lengths on friendship, come disparity of years in friendships, and I have also conducted on line experimentation with the use of my biological age, then biological age, twice in fifteen years, and on both occasions my actual age was made known to them. I have actually gone out of my way in talking down relationships. You`ll find nowhere on the internet where I have met up with anyone, not even young women in their twenties and thirties, nobody. Much of my time is spent running this sanctuary and on line in helping people with their relationships. If your entire life were up here, as mine is, I wonder just how perfect that would turn out to be? I doubt you even deploy your real name, and that`s likely just the beginning of it.

I do have an under seventeen following, but what I did n`t say was that it was made up of hundreds of young people, how likely is that, it may only be twenty or thirty strong, and I did infer that it was in the real world. Some of them likely visit some of my Youtube, that`s my guess, but there is obviously no way of knowing for certain, it`s an educated suggestion. All I know for sure is that I`m followed by them in the real world. They may well visit this place and tell you that for themselves in due course, but I`m not their master. Your not wishing to believe this does not alter the fact all that much, trust me. All you want to do is to talk about me, so you have a big problem, meanwhile, the subject of the thread was reverse age prejudice, not me at all, I simply deployed some of my life experience in order to strengthen my points. You have claimed that followings with such wide disparity "do n`t happen", clever boy, which is precisely why this exception was worth reading about. I do n`t hang out with my following, nor desire to, but I do respect them for making me an exception, at my age, and I have been known to thank them for being my friend. It is truly very exceptional, and of them all.

Perhaps to stop stalking me on line, that might just help a bit???
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 am I have not even suggested that I`m followed around
All I know for sure is that I`m followed by them in the real world.
This is stupid.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

You say you are 62 yet two months ago you said you were 65. You say it makes no difference to anyone but it does
Because it is dishonest and directly affects your credibility with regard to anything else you say. Just because you
think nothing of it does not mean everyone else does. Telling the truth about your age is actually quite easy to do
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:51 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:49 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Shall we be more accurate than that?

You were on a dating site with a profile that presented your age as 42 and a stated desire to be matched with ladies ages 18 to 25. You tried to lie and pretend that was an imposter, it clearly was not, so now you are pretending it was some other thing yet again.

You started a thread here claiming to be 55 and referencing people 'in their fifties' who are followed around by other people's children. That is not adjusting your age upwards is it? When you realised we had taken up the challenge you presented to us of googling you - you then edited the post to say 65 in order to make the initial under-reporting look like an innocent typo. I was of course quite aware of your real age as you are a raging publicity whore and your details are all over the place.

Don't pretend this stuff with your age was an innocent one off, you also claimed more than once you had a following of under 17 year olds who were drawn to you by your Youtube celebrity - but when I pointed out your Youtube videos have hardly any viewers you pretended they follow you because of your web site instead. You are a fundamentally dishonest individual, all of which would escape attention if you didn't insist on advertising it.

You should take VT's advice and resolve to commit less deception.
Excellent deduction work Mr. Holmes.

It makes absolutely no difference to anything whether I put up 55 or 65, 55 being a typo, you are beyond desperate! My actual age, you were correct, is sixty two, 62/65 it is exactly the same thing, makes no difference to anybody! What does "You started a thread here claiming to be 55 and ref people in their 50`s who are followed around by other people`s children" even mean? I did n`t make any such reference, but what does the suggestion even mean, in English? Ok, I`m getting it, but any absolute fool knows that is not happening, it is called going from the sublime to the ridiculous. If I believed that to be the case I would n`t argue for age prejudice even to exist. I have not even suggested that I`m followed around, having a following/others having an interest in my life has got nothing to do with any notion for being followed around. You have decided what you finally want me to appear to be and now you are simply trying to engineer the way there. The problem, should there be one, resides only with you.

As for showing an interest in ladies between the ages of eighteen and twenty five, there is no need to take it further, this is the Uk, the legal age is sixteen, not eighteen. I have never met up with anybody of any age through the internet, and my only interest has ever been in friendships. I have written book lengths on friendship, come disparity of years in friendships, and I have also conducted on line experimentation with the use of my biological age, then biological age, twice in fifteen years, and on both occasions my actual age was made known to them. I have actually gone out of my way in talking down relationships. You`ll find nowhere on the internet where I have met up with anyone, not even young women in their twenties and thirties, nobody. Much of my time is spent running this sanctuary and on line in helping people with their relationships. If your entire life were up here, as mine is, I wonder just how perfect that would turn out to be? I doubt you even deploy your real name, and that`s likely just the beginning of it.

I do have an under seventeen following, but what I did n`t say was that it was made up of hundreds of young people, how likely is that, it may only be twenty or thirty strong, and I did infer that it was in the real world. Some of them likely visit some of my Youtube, that`s my guess, but there is obviously no way of knowing for certain, it`s an educated suggestion. All I know for sure is that I`m followed by them in the real world. They may well visit this place and tell you that for themselves in due course, but I`m not their master. Your not wishing to believe this does not alter the fact all that much, trust me. All you want to do is to talk about me, so you have a big problem, meanwhile, the subject of the thread was reverse age prejudice, not me at all, I simply deployed some of my life experience in order to strengthen my points. You have claimed that followings with such wide disparity "do n`t happen", clever boy, which is precisely why this exception was worth reading about. I do n`t hang out with my following, nor desire to, but I do respect them for making me an exception, at my age, and I have been known to thank them for being my friend. It is truly very exceptional, and of them all.

Perhaps to stop stalking me on line, that might just help a bit???
Get your 'quotes' right. It's FDP's comments you are referring to.

Btw. Why do you specifically want young females as 'friends'? This suggests to me that you don't see them as people at all. Do you buy them alcohol?
Celebritydiscodave2

I have the gaining of new physical world records as a hobby, and as consequence to this, entirely uninvited by me, I have an under seventeens following, they follow me, I`m getting the world records, not themselves, I am not following them. I am grateful for their friendship because I do n`t suffer, as the majority of adults likely unwittingly do on one level or another, from reverse age prejudice, I thank them because they are going out on a social limb in including me as one of their friends. It amazes me that they are prepared to do this, and not to be grateful would be positively inhuman.
It will be interesting to discover if I remain their friend five or ten years from now. I also have friends of all other ages, all other older ages!!haha. What makes you think they are all female? They are both male and female. Of course I do n`t buy them alcohol, I want them to follow my lead, and perhaps never have to concern themselves with growing old, that is my input, this is what I offer them - The diet, the exercise the mindset, but no, I`m not eating and training with them, haha. My resolution then is to be less ageist, but no, that does not mean that I`d be after younger friends!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:42 pm I have an under seventeens following, they follow me
In your previous message, you said you'd not suggested anything like this. Are you aware of what you're saying from one moment to the next?

I watched some of your YouTube video...

Are you on drugs? Have you done a lot of drugs in your life? Just curious.
duszek

Post by duszek »

In Japan young girls like to hang out with sugar daddies. It seems to be accepted by the society.

Perhaps Mr Celebrity Dave acts like Socrates and gives useful advice to young people.
vegetariantaxidermy

Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:42 pm I have the gaining of new physical world records as a hobby, and as consequence to this, entirely uninvited by me, I have an under seventeens following, they follow me, I`m getting the world records, not themselves, I am not following them. I am grateful for their friendship because I do n`t suffer, as the majority of adults likely unwittingly do on one level or another, from reverse age prejudice, I thank them because they are going out on a social limb in including me as one of their friends. It amazes me that they are prepared to do this, and not to be grateful would be positively inhuman.
It will be interesting to discover if I remain their friend five or ten years from now. I also have friends of all other ages, all other older ages!!haha. What makes you think they are all female? They are both male and female. Of course I do n`t buy them alcohol, I want them to follow my lead, and perhaps never have to concern themselves with growing old, that is my input, this is what I offer them - The diet, the exercise the mindset, but no, I`m not eating and training with them, haha. My resolution then is to be less ageist, but no, that does not mean that I`d be after younger friends!
If you have all these girls 'following' you then why would you need to go on dating sites, giving a false age, to solicit them? Why are you writing about your lifestyle on here? Have some of their parents objected to your 'mentoring'? Is this why you claimed that their fathers are jealous of you?
I can't see why anyone would want to follow you tbh. You have four videos in total and they are all practically identical.
Celebritydiscodave2

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:46 pm
Celebritydiscodave2 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:42 pm I have the gaining of new physical world records as a hobby, and as consequence to this, entirely uninvited by me, I have an under seventeens following, they follow me, I`m getting the world records, not themselves, I am not following them. I am grateful for their friendship because I do n`t suffer, as the majority of adults likely unwittingly do on one level or another, from reverse age prejudice, I thank them because they are going out on a social limb in including me as one of their friends. It amazes me that they are prepared to do this, and not to be grateful would be positively inhuman.
If you have all these girls 'following' you then why would you need to go on dating sites, giving a false age, to solicit them? Why are you writing about your lifestyle on here? Have some of their parents objected to your 'mentoring'? Is this why you claimed that their fathers are jealous of you?
I can't see why anyone would want to follow you tbh. You have four videos in total and they are all practically identical.
I was on that site for a few weeks years ago, one site of the many hundreds which I`ve visited, but just because you are capable of throwing terms my way , such as solicited, it does not follow that I had any intention of meeting up with anybody, or that the explanation already provided is not 100% accurate. You have a fixation with young women? No, I have not got a following of "young women", I have a mixed gender following. I have no interest in having a relationship, I do n`t like relationships, I prefer"genuine" relationships/pure friendships, and I do n`t consider relationships born in emotion to be ever entirely genuine. I have genuinely loved girls that I`ve housed, genuinely, so the friendship does not become sexual, it moves forwards, not backwards. With greater love we should not be functioning more like animals, but rather, less so, and neither, unless we are no more than an animal, should we begin with the antics of animals. I do n`t love this way, and I have helped many people.

Yes, I would wish to be considered as an ambassador for young people, and even should I be stranded on an island with them I could be entirely trusted. This young following makes perfect sense, for I brake all the rules for what somebody of my years is supposed to be, and neither do they themselves wish to grow old. I`d require a much more substantial following, that`s not impossible, but it`s a virtual feit of nature for each and every one of them, and neither necessarily made easy for me. My New Year`s Resolution is to become a more significant entity on the internet, to try and blow my competition away, but yes, to at the same time become less ageist. Something we`d perhaps all benefit considerably from? You`d then be here with the mission only of highlighting everything positive that I`m doing. Instead adding bits of fantasy reality here and there in order to create in the minds of people that person that for reasons of your own you`d prefer that I be. Your resolution would do well if it were to make the effort to stop doing that, and to begin the process of regarding each and every person as an individual, not merely the average for society at large.

I do n`t have four videos, I have a whole multitude of videos, and in different places, these are a few directors, Kates David, Celebritydiscodave, Beyond Human-... Yes, in the whole social psychology of age prejudice, come across gender friendship age prejudice, a father`s envy does play a part, it`s a significantly sized book (unpublished, though I`ve put much on line) and it covers all kinds of emotions on all kinds of levels and from all kinds of social groups, it`s a vast subject area, the psychology being very considerable. Yes though, should a daughter`s closest friend happen to be a guy substantially older of years than her father, there is a tendency on his part, a tendency, to shift in the direction of jealousy, tendency I said, and I have not suggested that this would be a stand alone emotion. This particular emotion does tend to being born in denial. Now you think that I`d wish them jealous, but you are wrong, quite the opposite, and I`d wish my friendship with her to be considered totally secondary. On odd occasions they might have inadequate parents, this can change things, I would n`t for instance leave them on the streets just because their parents had locked them out.

My total videos are about twenty. Some are semi official local records, some semi official new world records, some already officially standing semi official records. Paddy Dowles One Hour Volume Punching Record is where I`m heading to. I cannot beat him, not at just under 30,000 strikes to the hour, it`s humanly impossible, and neither can I run 100 metres in five seconds, but I propose to attempt an all time second in the world ranking, semi officially, and at one of my local clubs. Semi official is good enough as actual world records mean nothing to me, I`m about proving much of sports science wrong, and opening the way for better performance at a later age, for slowing biological ageing. All of this is my resolution.
Last edited by Celebritydiscodave2 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

As a matter of fact I initially thought you were talking about teenage boys, then you mentioned that it was girls. You definitely said it was girls 'following' you, not a mixture. Oh, what a tangled web we weave.....
I seem to recall an old man in England doing the same thing. He had all these aimless young people living with him. He ended up being murdered by one of them.
Celebritydiscodave2

I was n`t expecting other than a conflicting word combination from you, and there are thousands more of them for you to choose from. Please do n`t expect me to respond to them though. It has become overly boring. Everybody has already read everything that I have said! For that matter it is not even inaccurate that I have a following of girls, I surely do have, and neither inaccurate that I have a following of boys. I could n`t care less, it`s boring, you are boring me, boring all of us that visit here! When are you going to stop lying over your name? I have n`t got a life to be hidden, such that I felt the imperative to do that! Come on, we want all of the truth now, and it`s your turn in the firing line.