the everything theory is wrong

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

drdali70

the everything theory is wrong

Post by drdali70 »

I can prove that we can get what is named the Grand Unified Theory (GUT)
Is a model in particle physics in which at high energy, the three gauge interactions of the Standard Model
which define the electromagnetic, weak, and strong interactions or forces, are merged into one single force
But
We never will get what is named the everything theory (TOE ) when must addition the gravity energy
It means we can't merge the gravity energy with (electromagnetic, weak, and strong )
My question is :
If you agree with about what i have said , please write why ? by using your philosopical skils or rather your philosophical knowledge
Noax

Re: the everything theory is wrong

Post by Noax »

drdali70 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:44 am I can prove that we can get what is named the Grand Unified Theory (GUT)
"We can get"??? What do you mean by this, that it is something you consider eligible to be proved?
The theory is classified, and you want to prove that "we" have the necessary clearances?

Meanwhile, concerning the title... There seems to be no viable "everything theory" at this time, so how can it be wrong?

Sorry that this doesn't answer your question, but I thought the post didn't really state what you probably intended.
drdali70

Post by drdali70 »

The impossibility of getting the so-called theory of everything (TOU) when gravity must be added
This means that we can combine gravity with energy (electromagnetic, weak and strong
This means that no theory can integrate all four forces

can you prove the opposite ?
And i hope You use the philosophical way not just talking as normal as most people do....
Noax

Post by Noax »

drdali70 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:17 am The impossibility of getting the so-called theory of everything (TOU) when gravity must be added
This means that we can combine gravity with energy (electromagnetic, weak and strong
This means that no theory can integrate all four forces

OK, however poorly worded, you seem to assert without evidence that no such theory combining the four forces can be found.
Rather than provide any reason for this assertion, you simply invite agreement with your assertion in the OP, and invite proof of the opposite just now.
It being a negative, of course it can't be proved. All human scientific knowledge might come to an abrupt end tomorrow ending the possibility of such a theory.
And i hope You use the philosophical way not just talking as normal as most people do....
Oh dear, I regret to have used normal language in my post.
Noax

Post by Noax »

A more on-point summary...
drdali70 wrote:This means that no theory can integrate all four forces

The assertion is yours, and thus so is the burden of proof.
RustyBert

Post by RustyBert »

I think what the OP is struggling to say is, there have been theories that unite the fundamental forces at certain energy levels, leaving bascially two forces, the combined one and gravity. And of course physicists are trying to come up with theories that include gravity, leaving a single force. The OP is asking, can anyone argue from a philosophical viewpoint why such efforts are misguided.

IMO it does seem like there might be an emotional factor entering the efforts to find a single force that explains everything. Afterall, science is all about reducing complexity into knowable and usable laws expressed as equations. But think about physical systems, say a computer. What's to say it's wrong to use multiple programming languages to make it work? Maybe for low level operating system functions C is the best language. And for graphics, some other graphics oriented language. (Of course my analogy is a little off because these two different languages could be expressed as a single underlying language, like some kind of assembly language. But you get my point. The boiling down isn't a necessity.)

That's an interesting discussion - why this desire to reduce everything to a single "solution"?