Greetings

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RustyBert

Greetings

Post by RustyBert »

Hi all. This forum looks very active. I hope it's a good one for open minded people and not just a fly by location for religious nuts trying to score points with their god. I'm most interested in Philosophy of Science.
Necromancer

Re: Greetings

Post by Necromancer »

Welcome, RustyBert!

We need your kind of people here!

Cheers! :D 8)
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Post by EchoesOfTheHorizon »

Yes, you sound like the very definition of a person who is tolerant and open minded. :roll:
RustyBert

Post by RustyBert »

EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 am Yes, you sound like the very definition of a person who is tolerant and open minded. :roll:
Is that sarcastic? There's nothing close minded or intolerant about wanting to engage in honest discussion about a topic without having fly by posters just dumping their religious talking points into a thread. Maybe there's a discussion we can have - does being open minded and tolerant mean anything goes?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

RustyBert wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 pm
EchoesOfTheHorizon wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 am Yes, you sound like the very definition of a person who is tolerant and open minded. :roll:
Is that sarcastic? There's nothing close minded or intolerant about wanting to engage in honest discussion about a topic without having fly by posters just dumping their religious talking points into a thread. Maybe there's a discussion we can have - does being open minded and tolerant mean anything goes?
EOTH is one of those religious nuts you are referring to. Extremely intolerant and narrow-minded, his favourite place to visit being Ken Ham's Creatin museum--that 3D version of The Flintstones.
EchoesOfTheHorizon

I'm got special permission from my Amish community to talk here.
RustyBert

Post by RustyBert »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:11 pm
RustyBert wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 pm
EOTH is one of those religious nuts you are referring to. Extremely intolerant and narrow-minded, his favourite place to visit being Ken Ham's Creatin museum--that 3D version of The Flintstones.
Ah ok, good info. I've noticed those types have gotten clever lately. They'll turn things around as if it's something they actually believe. For example, I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Make a Liberal Angry - Use Reason and Logic". I wanted to pull the guy over and thank him for supporting Climate Change and working against Pro-Birth/Anti-Life religious nuts. ;)
EchoesOfTheHorizon

Best thing to do is to start posting and see just how generic and predictable I am. You know us hicks, never taught how to read, or be as learned in the sciences as you modern city folk. I'm sure you'll rout me in every discussion, riding high pointing out logical fallacies in my think, with your superior readings and travels propping you up.

Welcome to the site, hope to see you around.