Relativity?

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ken

Re: Relativity?

Post by ken »

davidm wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:15 pm
ken wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:46 pm
davidm wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 am If you say that only humans have points of view, then why do you keep asking what point of view humans would have traveling at c, which is impossible for humans to do? :?
I am NOT the one who is asking that at all. You are the one who is giving the answer to that question, for some unknown reason. WHY is it that you can NOT read and understand the actual questions I have asked?
It's you who cannot read or understand -- you can't even understand what you write!
To assume that one can not understand what they, themselves, write is a huge assumption.

Why is it Me who is supposedly NOT understanding, when it is actually Me who is asking the clarifying questions, and it is you and others who are NOT asking for any clarification?

Could it be you who is misunderstanding here, or is it solely just Me who can not understand?
davidm wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:15 pmYou wrote:
Although I also see all of that is good and true I did make it quite clear, from the outset, that I KNOW the stated fact that physical bodies do not and can not travel at the speed of light. I just asked people to imagine IF it was possible, and then proceeded to asked some clarifying questions in regards to that.
Yes, and this has been answered, as have all your other questions. Either you don't understand the answers or you don't like the answers.
Or, the actual questions have NOT been answered. That does NOT support your assumption.

How long does a trip take, that travels four light years travelling at the speed of light?
davidm

Post by davidm »

To reiterate one more time, for the thick of wit.

1. If humans could travel at the speed of light, then relativity theory would be wrong, so the question of what humans would experience traveling at light speed is meaningless. How many times have this been explained to you? What is actually WRONG with you?

2. Light speed is a degenerate or undefined frame, so the question of what ANYTHING would experience at light speed has no meaning in relativity theory.
davidm

Post by davidm »

ken wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 pm

How long does a trip take, that travels four light years travelling at the speed of light?
See above. Reread the thread. This has been answered about 250 times by more than one person.
ken

Post by ken »

davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:24 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 am Thought experiment: how long does a trip take over a distance of four light years traveling at the speed of light?
I've already answered this question -- several times. Scroll back and look for the answers. Good luck!
Whenever a person wants to deflect away from just giving an answer a "scroll back" or similar, response quite frequently given.

Why can you not answer the question now?

Why the "good luck" is it because you could not even be able to find it if you were to look for it?

You have previously given two conflicting answers, which one do you want Me to accept?
davidm

Post by davidm »

ken wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:56 pm What I write is just a view I have. If what I write above is wrong or partly wrong, then just show that. If you disagree with it, then just show what part you disagree with and most importantly WHY you disagree.
We have done that. Repeatedly.
ken

Post by ken »

davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pm The theory of relativity is not based on "assumptions and beliefs." The theory itself rests on two postulates -- that the speed of light is the same as measured in all inertial frames, and that the laws of physics are the same in all such frames. Both postulates are observed to be true. Out of that falls the rest of the theory.
The theory, and general relativity, has been repeatedly empirically verified over the last 100 years. You cannot ask anything more of a successful theory. I doubt Ken understands this.[/quote]

Doubt all you want.

The truth could be far different.
davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:35 pmI wonder if Ken has a smart phone with a GPS device? If he does, I wonder what Ken infers from this? :?
Do you want to know, or do you just want to remain wondering?

Because if you want to know, then surely by now you know what the best thing is to do.
davidm

Post by davidm »

ken wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:09 pm
davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:24 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 am Thought experiment: how long does a trip take over a distance of four light years traveling at the speed of light?
I've already answered this question -- several times. Scroll back and look for the answers. Good luck!
Whenever a person wants to deflect away from just giving an answer a "scroll back" or similar, response quite frequently given.

Why can you not answer the question now?
Why should I waste my time just repeating what I have already written? Scroll back and you will find my answers.
Why the "good luck" is it because you could not even be able to find it if you were to look for it?
No, it's because someone a thick as you will need a lot of luck to understand anything at all.
You have previously given two conflicting answers, which one do you want Me to accept?
And those "conflicting answers" were what, now? :lol:
davidm

Post by davidm »

ken wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 pm Do you want to know, or do you just want to remain wondering?

Because if you want to know, then surely by now you know what the best thing is to do.
Why don't you just answer the question? Do you think your Smart Phone''s GPS works by magic? :lol:
ken

Post by ken »

thedoc wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:53 am By the way, people who call themselves "creationists" are just the same as the people who call themselves "scientists", in that they all have their own predetermined set of views and beliefs, which is what the actual things are that is stopping them all from seeing the actual and real truth of Life.
No, this is wrong, a Creationist tries to prove his predetermined set of values and beliefs no matter how much he has to distort the evidence or lie. Scientists set their own personal beliefs aside and looks at what the evidence tells them and draw conclusions from the evidence even if it contradicts what was believed before looking at the evidence. And if it does the Scientist will change beliefs according to the evidence. Quite different from a Creationist who will do or say anything rather than change beliefs according to the evidence
If you believe that ALL people labelled "creationists" and ALL people labelled "scientists" behave the way you say here, then you will be sadly mistaken.

ALL human beings behave differently, depending on their thinking. ALL human beings have different thoughts. ALL people are different.
ken

Post by ken »

davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm
thedoc wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:47 pm
ken wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:53 am By the way, people who call themselves "creationists" are just the same as the people who call themselves "scientists", in that they all have their own predetermined set of views and beliefs, which is what the actual things are that is stopping them all from seeing the actual and real truth of Life.
No, this is wrong, a Creationist tries to prove his predetermined set of values and beliefs no matter how much he has to distort the evidence or lie. Scientists set their own personal beliefs aside and looks at what the evidence tells them and draw conclusions from the evidence even if it contradicts what was believed before looking at the evidence. And if it does the Scientist will change beliefs according to the evidence. Quite different from a Creationist who will do or say anything rather than change beliefs according to the evidence
Talking to ken is sort of like talking to peacegirl. :?

He also seems to be implying (like peacegirl) that he knows "the actual and real truth of Life." If so, perhaps he would like to share that with us lower sods. I'm not aware that he has done so, so far.
The actual and real truth of Life is what EVERY thing agrees with. Simple really.
ken

Post by ken »

davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 pm Real-World Relativity: The GPS Navigation System

From the above link, bold mine:
The engineers who designed the GPS system included these relativistic effects when they designed and deployed the system.
Now tell us all about the “real truth,” Ken. :?
The real truth about what exactly?
ken

Post by ken »

davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 pm Notice from the above that GPS must take into account time dilation from BOTH special relativity (relative motion) AND general relativity (gravity wells.) Ingenious, and yet another resounding validation of Einstein. As the essay concludes:
Relativity is not just some abstract mathematical theory: understanding it is absolutely essential for our global navigation system to work properly!
But we’ll all wait on tenterhooks for ken to tell us what the “real truth” is and why our global navigation system based on special relativity and general relativity doesn't work properly even though it does! :lol:
What are you going on about and where are you trying to take this?

I asked a couple of simple questions, without getting conflicting responses, and now you are so far into assuming that you are trying to lead this down some other path now.

Surreptituous57 is the only one that has provided some responses that will lead to further questioning by Me, in order to show what it is that I want to show, in regards to travelling at the speed of light. But you are so stuck in assuming that I will leave those further questions until you are finished doing whatever it is that you are trying to do.
davidm

Post by davidm »

ken wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 pm
davidm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 pm Real-World Relativity: The GPS Navigation System

From the above link, bold mine:
The engineers who designed the GPS system included these relativistic effects when they designed and deployed the system.
Now tell us all about the “real truth,” Ken. :?
The real truth about what exactly?
You wrote:
Do you want to know, or do you just want to remain wondering?
Yes, O genius, I want to KNOW!!!!

Please ENLIGHTENUM us Lower Sods! Hurry up, I have a plane to catch! :)
ken

Post by ken »

thedoc wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 pm
What is this "real truth of life" that you see but real Scientists don't see, most of us understand that Creationists only see the world through the filter of their Mythology, like Peacegirl only sees the world through the filter of her Daddy's writings. If it's in the Bible it's got to be true, if it's in Seymour Lessans Book it's got to be true, if it wasn't true he would have said so, like the Bible says it's the infallible word of God. (Actually it is, it's just that people have fucked up the interpretation).
What are you saying now, that the truth is in the bible?

Why did the bible even come into the question?

What is the 'real truth of Life' IS what EVERY thing can agree with.
davidm

Post by davidm »

ken wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:30 pm
thedoc wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:58 pm
What is this "real truth of life" that you see but real Scientists don't see, most of us understand that Creationists only see the world through the filter of their Mythology, like Peacegirl only sees the world through the filter of her Daddy's writings. If it's in the Bible it's got to be true, if it's in Seymour Lessans Book it's got to be true, if it wasn't true he would have said so, like the Bible says it's the infallible word of God. (Actually it is, it's just that people have fucked up the interpretation).
What are you saying now, that the truth is in the bible?

Why did the bible even come into the question?

What is the 'real truth of Life' IS what EVERY thing can agree with.
Since everyone can't even agree with the time order of events, that's going to be a tough nut to crack!