Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Is this proof that priests, preachers and imams are all perpetual liars?

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:00 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:57 pm
Wow. A thinking mind.

You sound like a good candidate for Gnosticism.
Make your mind up, which is it?
Which is what?

Regards
DL
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:12 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:57 pm
Wow. A thinking mind.

You sound like a good candidate for Gnosticism.
Which is what?

Regards
DL
A thinking mind or a candidate for Gnosticism. You can't be both, they are mutually exclusive.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:56 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Which is what?

Regards
DL
A thinking mind or a candidate for Gnosticism. You can't be both, they are mutually exclusive.
No they are not. Free thinking is a Gnostic Christian trait, which is why early Gnostic Christians were irradiated by the then orthodox church with their Inquisitions.

We are perpetual seekers and have to have open minds. Not too open though as we do not want to let garbage fall in.
Garbage like your initial statement.

Regards
DL
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:45 pm Gnostic Christians were irradiated by the then orthodox church with their Inquisitions.
I didn't realise they had the technology back then.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Harbal wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:31 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:45 pm Gnostic Christians were irradiated by the then orthodox church with their Inquisitions.
I didn't realise they had the technology back then.
Oops.

Eradicated.

A thinking person would likely have caught that, and a mind that did not need to take cheap childish shots would have known better.

Regards
DL
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:20 pm and a mind that did not need to take cheap childish shots would have known better.
I'll not dispute childish but I do object to cheap.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

William6 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 am
God’s love, while unfathomable, is also knowable.

You have many faith based assumption.

Lets' look at God's love. He would keep his covenant if he loved us. Right?

https://vimeo.com/7038401
However,It is only when a person places his or her faith in Jesus Christ that the unknowable love of God becomes knowable.
God did not even love Jesus enough to do the right thing and die in his place.

We are to emulate God. If you decided a sacrifice was required, would you do the right thinkg and step up, or would you send your child?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

If you would do the right thing, then you are rejecting substitutionary atonement and would not follow your immoral God.
“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:17-19)
If Jesus loved us, he would not have created a hell for those he will kill instead of cure.
Priests,preachers and imams are those who have strong knowledge in their religion and have strong faith in their God.They are not liars.They are saying what they believe.There may be some fake priests,preachers and imams.But not all of them are liars.
Wow. Have you even read your bible?

P.S. Lawyers in the reference here are the scribes and priests.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

How can we deny the God who created us?Who gave this beautiful life and infinite blessings?We are just his creatures.Creatures depend on their Creator for their very existence and are limited in all aspects .
A slave owner does not love his slaves. Do you believe that slavery is a good thing?
While God can never be exhaustively understood, he can be known truly, personally, and sufficiently. God is personal, has definite characteristics, and has personally revealed himself so that he can be truly known. The multiplication of grace and peace in our lives is dependent on knowing God (2 Pet. 1:2–3)
The first thing clergy tell us, is that God is unknowable and unfathomable, --- just before reaming off the list of things they say they know of the unknowable, fathom of the unfathomable and the mysterious ways of God.

Priests, preachers and imams seem to all be liars by doing so.

All intelligent and moral people will see the truth.

You have many faith based assumption.

Lets' look at God's love. He would keep his covenant if he loved us. Right?

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Regards
DL