There ain't nobody in a body

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

marjoram_blues

Re: Response to Greta re single mega thread

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pm
marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:36 pm Nope.
You have forgotten where my complaint about your lack of citation originated.
But you know what, continuing with your avoidance suits you.
So be it.

All known knowledge is sourced from the same place...namely, Not-knowing.

Blah, blah deal blah continued.

For anyone even still remotely interested, see the 'Ignorance' thread started by Dontaskme.
She is still taking the complete and utter piss.
But hey, it gives her pleasure. Who am I to deny her that...
:lol:
marjoram_blues

Re: There ain't nobody in a body

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am
Dalek Prime wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 am Yeah, well, if it's all just a fabrication, you won't have any objection to me hypothetically torturing you then.

Didn't think so.
Well there is no 'you' to think. Thoughts appear in 'you' inseparable from the thinking. There is no thinker, only the thought there is a thinker. When no thoughts are present, neither is the thinker. Thought and thinker are one without a second...

There is no such thing as a you torturing someone or you being tortured... ''I am being tortured'' is a mental construct.

The I AM doesn't make the claim it's being tortured, the mentation does via a mental re-action after the event.. Any pain is temporal ..while that in which pain arises and subsides is always eternally present, unscathed by any sensation.

Metaphorically speaking no one can torture what they are, one cannot torture the empty awareness that is aware of all sensation, sensation comes and goes ..but what you are, is the empty eternal awareness of all sensation.

There's just responses and reactions to the causes of bodily pain. The cause in this instant is not a person, but a heavy rock colliding with soft body tissue.

Let me try and explain...

If a landslide containing many large heavy rocks fall on top of a human body standing in it's way...the body feels pain, but the body does not say ouch'! ...the ouch'! comes from a mentation triggered by the sensation of pain....this mentation is in the exact same moment the collision takes place....the ouch'! triggers a re-active response, after the event has already taken place...the ouch'! appears in the form of sound, heard as a word with attached meaning as if belonging to a ''you''...but the ''you'' is only the awareness of the whole event, NOT the mental activities re-cognition of the event which is only a response to a memory past appearing as if it happened NOW

..... heavy rocks are not responsible for 'torture', rocks do not torture, neither does the body know it is being tortured...such ideas are purely fictional.

When a human being, an assumed ''someone or other'' hits you on the head very hard with a large rock....same applies as in the above explanation..but in this context...the body feels pain from a rock being planted on the head very hard...there is no 'someone' present in the immediate action of the rock colliding with the head, except the idea within the re-action after the event...as felt by the sensation of pain...pain doesn't belong to a ''someone'' ..the 'you' is the experiencing of pain, the empty awareness of pain, not the pain itself.

...rocks hurt when they hit the body, but a rock cannot torture the body, the body reacts with pain, but it does not say or think it is being tortured....'torture' is a 'mental construct'... 'pain' is not a mental construct, pain is a real sensation known only by awareness as it arises and fades in it....

That pain appears to be happening to a ''me'' is an artificially constructed ''add on'' that doesn't exist in reality except as conceived in this conception through language which artificially imposes upon what's already happening, creating the illusion of the pain belonging to a 'me' or the idea of 'other'...but there is no ''other'' outside of that mentation. Language is the only thing that appears to be alive here. Language is the only thing that appears to be responsible...but language is a fiction. The awareness of language is not an illusion, awareness is real, the real is this immediate unchanging awareness aware of all apparent change.

Sorry for the long post, it sometimes takes a lot of explaining, to de-construct the illusion of ''other''

Okay. So let's commence the torture.
You're a bit late to the party!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So be it.

The unborn is the knower aka Nothing.

The born is the known aka Everything.

Nothing and Everything aka the 'Same One' ....has no copyright.

The belief in plagiarism, is the belief in fairy stories.

To believe in plagiarism, means you are being CONNED...you have been sold a fictional imagined story. . .

Roll up, roll up..

IMAGINATIONS FOR SALE

WHO WILL BUY MY STORY ?

You have never seen your original face.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 pm
So be it.

The unborn is the knower aka Nothing.

The born is the known aka Everything.

Nothing and Everything aka the 'Same One' ....has no copyright.

The belief in plagiarism, is the belief in fairy stories.

To believe in plagiarism, means you are being CONNED...you have been sold a fictional imagined story. . .

Roll up, roll up..

IMAGINATIONS FOR SALE

WHO WILL BUY MY STORY ?

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:04 am

Well there is no 'you' to think. Thoughts appear in 'you' inseparable from the thinking. There is no thinker, only the thought there is a thinker. When no thoughts are present, neither is the thinker. Thought and thinker are one without a second...

There is no such thing as a you torturing someone or you being tortured... ''I am being tortured'' is a mental construct.

The I AM doesn't make the claim it's being tortured, the mentation does via a mental re-action after the event.. Any pain is temporal ..while that in which pain arises and subsides is always eternally present, unscathed by any sensation.

Metaphorically speaking no one can torture what they are, one cannot torture the empty awareness that is aware of all sensation, sensation comes and goes ..but what you are, is the empty eternal awareness of all sensation.

There's just responses and reactions to the causes of bodily pain. The cause in this instant is not a person, but a heavy rock colliding with soft body tissue.

Let me try and explain...

If a landslide containing many large heavy rocks fall on top of a human body standing in it's way...the body feels pain, but the body does not say ouch'! ...the ouch'! comes from a mentation triggered by the sensation of pain....this mentation is in the exact same moment the collision takes place....the ouch'! triggers a re-active response, after the event has already taken place...the ouch'! appears in the form of sound, heard as a word with attached meaning as if belonging to a ''you''...but the ''you'' is only the awareness of the whole event, NOT the mental activities re-cognition of the event which is only a response to a memory past appearing as if it happened NOW

..... heavy rocks are not responsible for 'torture', rocks do not torture, neither does the body know it is being tortured...such ideas are purely fictional.

When a human being, an assumed ''someone or other'' hits you on the head very hard with a large rock....same applies as in the above explanation..but in this context...the body feels pain from a rock being planted on the head very hard...there is no 'someone' present in the immediate action of the rock colliding with the head, except the idea within the re-action after the event...as felt by the sensation of pain...pain doesn't belong to a ''someone'' ..the 'you' is the experiencing of pain, the empty awareness of pain, not the pain itself.

...rocks hurt when they hit the body, but a rock cannot torture the body, the body reacts with pain, but it does not say or think it is being tortured....'torture' is a 'mental construct'... 'pain' is not a mental construct, pain is a real sensation known only by awareness as it arises and fades in it....

That pain appears to be happening to a ''me'' is an artificially constructed ''add on'' that doesn't exist in reality except as conceived in this conception through language which artificially imposes upon what's already happening, creating the illusion of the pain belonging to a 'me' or the idea of 'other'...but there is no ''other'' outside of that mentation. Language is the only thing that appears to be alive here. Language is the only thing that appears to be responsible...but language is a fiction. The awareness of language is not an illusion, awareness is real, the real is this immediate unchanging awareness aware of all apparent change.

Sorry for the long post, it sometimes takes a lot of explaining, to de-construct the illusion of ''other''

That's okay. Supposedly in Parisian society, it's impolite to arrive on time for a party.
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:00 pm

That's okay. Supposedly in Parisian society, it's impolite to arrive on time for a party.
Allons-y, Alonso ! :lol:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:04 pm

I must be thick this morning. Not certain the reference, marj. Apologies.
Walker

Post by Walker »

No time my ass.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

You have never seen your original face..only a copy of it.

aka plagiarism.

Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

DAM, are you a dualist?

Your mind and body are inextricably.linked. One comes into being, the other does. The body dies, the awareness does as well.
Last edited by Dalek Prime on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm No time my ass.

And they are the ones who actually believe they are at the controls .. :D
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm
Merde, I forgot to cite my source :shock:
It's a Dr Who thing. Although apparently he nicked it from 'Pierrot le fou' where it is translated as: 'Let's go, daddy-oh' ( see urban dictionary).
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

OK, you got me - couldn't be arsed at the time. But will look into it. I promise :wink:
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

marjoram_blues wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:16 pm
Dalek Prime wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Merde, I forgot to cite my source :shock:
It's a Dr Who thing. Although apparently he nicked it from 'Pierrot le fou' where it is translated as: 'Let's go, daddy-oh' ( see urban dictionary).
You'd think a Dalek would know that... :(
marjoram_blues

Post by marjoram_blues »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:15 pm

And they are the ones who actually believe they are at the controls .. :D
Who is this 'they' of whom you talk ? What controls ? Eh ??? What belief ?