Ray

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ray

Ray

Post by ray »

hi

Im Ray.

I am studying Astro-Physics at the university.

I was an Atheist but after some research two years ago I converted to Islam.

Feel free to ask me anything. I dont mind questions or criticisms.
sky.xi

Re: Ray

Post by sky.xi »

NICE to meet you,ray, hope we can learn something from each other,

Post by 1804 »

hi there,

nice to meet a muslim on this forum. What made you revert to islam?
kake

Post by kake »

Hi ray, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm spiritual, but I don't really claim a religion. I can't wait to talk religion with you.
ray

Post by ray »

Sure.

Feel free to ask me anything, questions, comments and even criticise.

I think I am open minded.

You are now allowed to test me and see.

:wink:
kake

Post by kake »

Well, what defined your mind set while you were atheist? What was it that defined atheism for you? And vice versa for now that you are muslim? I personally, am a jew, but only because I believe that it doesn't matter what you think god is, it only matters to me that you accept the infinite mystery of the universe. In fact philosophical inquiry is a way of prayer to me, the closer you get to truth the closer you get to whatever name you choose to call god by. I am under the impression that islam is much the same?
PeterWes

Post by PeterWes »

Hi Ray.

As a physicist, why do you feel it is necessary to anthropormorhize the inhuman forces which are responsible for us being here?
ray

Post by ray »

PeterWes wrote:Hi Ray.

As a physicist, why do you feel it is necessary to anthropormorhize the inhuman forces which are responsible for us being here?
Science, as yet, does not reveal who, or what, is responsible for us being here. Scientists are working on it.

So far, we have only reached the point of Big Bang. What happened before that, or how it occured, what caused it, we simply cannot say with certainty.

kake wrote:
Well, what defined your mind set while you were atheist?

What was it that defined atheism for you?

And vice versa for now that you are muslim?

I personally, am a jew, but only because I believe that it doesn't matter what you think god is, it only matters to me that you accept the infinite mystery of the universe. In fact philosophical inquiry is a way of prayer to me, the closer you get to truth the closer you get to whatever name you choose to call god by. I am under the impression that islam is much the same?
This is hard to explain but I will try it anyway because you guys are are sharp and will see my stance old and new stance:

Its the difference between seeing a beautiful woman whom you do not know, and being married to her; or, discovering that she is related to your family.

Humanity and existence was all there was was while I was an Atheist. Nothing more. But now, it has a purpose grander than survival and life. Now it is a three way relationship, similar to family life. Father-me-siblings. Previously, it was just individual units. There was only existence, like that of robots. Now its life and living. Kinetic energy versus potential energy. Now I feel the force of life.

After I believed in God, I was married to humanity. I knew I was always married. This knowledge was new. Before then I only admired the beauty from afar. Now I discovered that it was related to me. It was somehow "mine". Its like Jews laying claim to the Holy Land. I lay claim to the Universe. It was not "just" there, as I had assumed. It was put there for me. This universe made by my maker is actually mine. It is yours. It belongs of all of God's servants. As an Atheist I did not even imagine this. Universe was a mystery. I was only an explorer, not a settler. I was nothing then. Universe was everything. Now I am everything. You are everything. Universe is of lesser importance. It was just a thing to be enjoyed for a short while we are allowed to live here.

Does all that make sense?
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

Ray,

Do long ages support Islam?
Do short ages support Islam?
Do you believe in evolution?
PeterWes

Post by PeterWes »

ray wrote:Science, as yet, does not reveal who, or what, is responsible for us being here. Scientists are working on it.

So far, we have only reached the point of Big Bang. What happened before that, or how it occured, what caused it, we simply cannot say with certainty.
But what has any of that got to do with compassion or mercy, or even resurrection?

What physics teaches us is that the universe is destined for extinction, that's all we need to know. Religious views, like those of positive atheists, remind me of those images that are published of the cosmos which have been hugely edited, colors added, digitally enhanced, filtered, made to look more dramatic and sublime than it really is.
ray

Post by ray »

PeterWes wrote:
What physics teaches us is that the universe is destined for extinction, that's all we need to know.
Yes.

Physcists have just comfirmed what God had already informed us a thousand years ago.

Better late in catching up than never. :wink:

In the Koran, Ala said that He will end this Universe and then establish a Judgement Day for accountability. After that there will be another new type of Universe.

Nothing illogical about that.

Cosmologists have not ruled out another Big Bang after the Big Crunch that is coming.
PeterWes

Post by PeterWes »

ray wrote:Cosmologists have not ruled out another Big Bang after the Big Crunch that is coming.
Not sure where your getting your evidence from, but the current scientific theory is that the universe will continue to expand indefinitely, until all the heat is bled out of it.

This would certainly seem to reflect the way every other organism in nature meets it end. Why should one expect or want anything more?
PeterWes

Post by PeterWes »

ray wrote:Cosmologists have not ruled out another Big Bang after the Big Crunch that is coming.
I don't know where your getting your evidence from, but the current scientific theory is that the universe will continue to expand indefinitely, until all the heat is bled out of it.

This would certainly seem to reflect the way every other organism in nature decomposes. Why should one expect anything more?
ray

Post by ray »

PeterWes wrote:
ray wrote:
Cosmologists have not ruled out another Big Bang after the Big Crunch that is coming.
I don't know where your getting your evidence from, but the current scientific theory is that the universe will continue to expand indefinitely, until all the heat is bled out of it.
Yes. That is one possible fate.

But Ala told us He will end this current order.

Scientists have also suggested that there is evidence that our Universe may be destroyed in a Supreme Cataclysmic Collapse 14,000,000,000 years from today.

In the 21st century, Physicists seem to be agreeing with God.

:wink:

Universe might yet collapse in 'big crunch'

The Universe might yet collapse in a devastating "big crunch". Physicists have shown that even though its growth is speeding up, it could still start to implode by the time it is only twice its current age.

"A few years ago, nobody would even think seriously about the end of the world within the next 10 to 20 billion years, especially since we learned that the Universe's expansion is accelerating," says Andrei Linde of Stanford University. "Now we see it is a real possibility."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2 ... runch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Crunch theory discribed in Wicked Pedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.astronomytoday.com/cosmology/universe.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;