What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Life?

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 am
i know nothing of your character apart from what you write here.
The menu is not the food. The word water is not the water, interpretation is not it, and yet every interpretation is it... there is here only existential experiencing of the ONE SELF being the many.
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 amOn the other hand you have not been clever about explaining "The Nondual concept" .
I do not claim to know how to put nonduality into words. I merely use snippets of nondual jargon to open the mind to a broader seeing. I don't claim any cleverness, for I already know my limitations when using language, or words, words are crap, words are not the nondual state, only pointers to the stateless state using the only tool available ...I've never claimed to be perfect at explaining nonduality, I'm always a work in progress.

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/no ... s-concept/
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 amLink to what may be what Dontaskme fails to explain adequately.I googled 'Nondual concept'.
I fail because (what you are) (this is it)... is not a concept, it is that in which all concepts arise and are known in the instant they arise in the not-knowing nondual reality.. Words divide what cannot be divided, seemingly.
Like a pair of scissors, words cut reality into two, but cannot once cut, be used to put the two together again...it's a divine paradox. It's like trying to talk about silence by filling it up with words.

Take it or leave, but don't attack the messenger.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 am
If you keep trying to say what I do, then you will keep getting it wrong. Like you have, once again, here.
Then stop telling people how to think, let them watch and make up their own mind about what's being shown, moron.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:09 pm
Atheism is also not a moral philosophy.
Correct, if that's all that's stated. But if true, it has profound implications for anyone who DOES believe in morality. That is, it means they believe in nothing real at all.
At a stretch that MIGHT pertain, but only if "atheist" was an exhaustive description of that person. You could say the same thing about "pedestrians" - for them the only reality is the street they are walking on. Or Moralist believes in nothing but rules.
You absurdities are legion.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:00 amA child can have as many tags attached to them as appears fit. Atheism is a tag that fits because a child does not even know the idea of god and so could not believe in it. parent immediately stick a name tag on to the child, sometimes long before it is even born.
Sticking a name tag on what already exists prior to the name tag is when all the trouble starts. It sets us up from the start for trouble because it divides us from what our real self is which is prior to knowing our self.. Only the mind is born not the real you.

But listen, this is my personal understanding, take it or leave it. I'm just showing you my opinion, just as you show me yours, we know nothing but what we make up.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote:
Sorry. But you do write like someone who is a bit daft. I really am concerned to help you to improve your writing. I also believe, rightly or wrongly , that when we can clearly put our ideas into words we can better understand our own ideas, and even better understand ourselves.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:33 am Dontaskme wrote:
Sorry. But you do write like someone who is a bit daft. I really am concerned to help you to improve your writing. I also believe, rightly or wrongly , that when we can clearly put our ideas into words we can better understand our own ideas, and even better understand ourselves.
So what, I think you write like someone who is a bit daft, in fact I think you write like a twat, if you want my really really honest opinion, each to their own. Mind your own mind, don't concern yourself with others, get your own house in order before you start dishing out the blame card to others.

There is nothing to understand, that's the whole point. That's what nonduality points to.. but you keep looking at the finger not that which it is pointing to..Does a cat or a dog or a tree have to take out the manual of how to understand itself in order to be. Nonduality points you back to that pure simplicity of being.

Seriously, silence just knows.

All our apparent frustrations about the self are self inflicted. Stop finding ways to permanently piss yourself off, just to be someone. You are already being here so perfectly.

ken

Post by ken »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 am
ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 am
If you keep trying to say what I do, then you will keep getting it wrong. Like you have, once again, here.
Then stop telling people how to think, let them watch and make up their own mind about what's being shown,
You are still trying to say what I do, and still getting it wrong by the way, but to make it worse now you are trying to tell Me what to do. Where or when have I EVER told people how to think?

I say remain open, which is the very opposite of thinking.

dontaskme is the one who is relentlessly trying to tell people what to think.

By the way people do not have their own mind. The Mind is always open and if people looked from that instead of looking from thoughts and thinking, then they could watch properly and see already what is true and right.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 ammoron
The immediate post before this one you wrote to some one else;

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:47 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:33 am Dontaskme wrote:
(Dontaskme replied)
So what, I think you write like someone who is a bit daft, in fact I think you write like a twat, if you want my really really honest opinion, each to their own. Mind your own mind, don't concern yourself with others, get your own house in order before you start dishing out the blame card to others.
I was not blaming I was suggesting how to improve your posts.
There is nothing to understand, that's the whole point. That's what nonduality points to.. but you keep looking at the finger not that which it is pointing to..Does a cat or a dog or a tree have to take out the manual of how to understand itself in order to be. Nonduality points you back to that pure simplicity of being.
Seriously, silence just knows.
But you are very vociferous.
All our apparent frustrations about the self are self inflicted. Stop finding ways to permanently piss yourself off, just to be someone. You are already being here so perfectly.
No. often there are messages from society that make us dissatisfied with ourselves. Whether or not some of those messages from society are right, I am right to be dissatisfied with my past record which includes a few bad choices . I look to philosophy for wisdom.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 pm
You are still trying to say what I do, and still getting it wrong by the way, but to make it worse now you are trying to tell Me what to do. Where or when have I EVER told people how to think?

I say remain open, which is the very opposite of thinking. .

You say to people that unless they are open then they have no way of understanding the nondual self. You have said countless times to people especially to me...who already knows this stuff, but you are too up your own dumb arse to see that.

There are loads of nondual speakers on this forum with whom I resonate with, and I never once get into any arguments with them except you.

To say remain open is to imply one is shut, ...and it is thought that does this, so you are wrong to say it's the opposite of thought, when thought is clearly involved...idiot.

By saying to remain open..is to plant the seed of thought into someone ..to make them think or believe they must be closed in some way, a way that is not remaining open.

And like I told you before, open cannot NOT be open. There is no such thing as remaining open, you are telling people how and what to think... You make it sound like there is something to do first before understanding dawns for them. This is false misguided information. There is nothing anyone has to do to reach understanding ...understanding is already present within them... You remind me of a dictator.

Your EGO loves to massage itself and you prove that over and over again, you have become the most egotistical person on this forum with your constant need to have your ego massaged.

And yep, I'll have to eat my own words here, and swallow them down real hard all the way in one big gulp...yep I'm attacking the messenger who ever that is, oh yeah, I remember now, it's myself.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:16 pm I was not blaming I was suggesting how to improve your posts.
That's like blaming them for not being good enough...it's the game of the ego, it wants to shine, take centre stage, while this self shining presence behind the scene lighting the show never takes any of the credit ..it just lights up the stage,even allows you to put your name up in it's light too.

A good leader is one that doesn't follow like a sheep, it leads from being behind you...while you are being busy trying to shine...the light has already got this, you don't have to put on an act, there is no actor without the watcher.

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 am
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:00 amA child can have as many tags attached to them as appears fit. Atheism is a tag that fits because a child does not even know the idea of god and so could not believe in it. parent immediately stick a name tag on to the child, sometimes long before it is even born.
Sticking a name tag on what already exists prior to the name tag is when all the trouble starts. It sets us up from the start for trouble because it divides us from what our real self is which is prior to knowing our self.. Only the mind is born not the real you.

But listen, this is my personal understanding, take it or leave it. I'm just showing you my opinion, just as you show me yours, we know nothing but what we make up.

It that's the problem then tell me why you have a name tag? What possible use is it?
I do not think that being given a name, or having a descriptive tag such as "child" is any kind of problem at all. Without all that you are never going to be able to understand your relationship with the rest of reality. Knowing that 'slug" or "dog" does not fit you, means that you understand that you are not these things.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:16 pm It that's the problem then tell me why you have a name tag? What possible use is it?
I do not think that being given a name, or having a descriptive tag such as "child" is any kind of problem at all. Without all that you are never going to be able to understand your relationship with the rest of reality. Knowing that 'slug" or "dog" does not fit you, means that you understand that you are not these things.
Yes, I understand what you are saying, we use labels as a means to communicating a knowing and capacity to decipher between one thing and another with each other.

That's fine..but as long as we understand that we are not what we think we are, we are prior to thought, not thought... when that is realised, by losing focus of the label and redirecting our attention back to the pristine ever present beingness prior to thought.

The trouble with labels, is if someone call me a disgusting fat slob...and I start to believe that's what I am...that's the trouble I'm talking about.

We all share the same I Am...but what we choose to call that I Am is just a belief. The I Am doesn't claim to be any thing. It just is..mud does not stick to this one.

Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:31 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:16 pm It that's the problem then tell me why you have a name tag? What possible use is it?
Yes, I understand what you are saying, we use labels as a means to communicating a knowing and capacity to decipher between one thing and another with each other.

That's fine..but as long as we understand that we are not what we think we are, we are prior to thought, not thought... when that is realised, by losing focus of the label and redirecting our attention back to the pristine ever present beingness prior to thought.

The trouble with labels, is if someone call me a disgusting fat slob...and I start to believe that's what I am...that's the trouble I'm talking about.

We all share the same I Am...but what we choose to call that I Am is just a belief. The I Am doesn't claim to be any thing. It just is..mud does not stick to this one.

You seem confused. I'm struggling to understand what the problem is here.
A person might call you a fat slob. They might be truthful or just being nasty. They might just be expressing their heartfelt opinion. But that is just a POV.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:16 pm
A person might call you a fat slob. They might be truthful or just being nasty. They might just be expressing their heartfelt opinion. But that is just a POV.

You mean your confused, I'm not confused, that which appears to be confused is never confused.

Reality doesn't take a POV....it's everywhere at once, meaning it's nowhere. The body is never confused.

Never mind...it's a long story, figure it out for yourself, you'll do it now or on your death bed...or never...makes no difference to reality.

Do you not understand that school kids are hanging themselves everyday because of social media bullying, these kids actually believe other peoples points of view and take it literally . That's just the half of it...

Never mind, forget it.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm
Hobbes' Choice wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:16 pm

You mean your confused, I'm not confused, that which appears to be confused is never confused.
QED